Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Vibha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have varicose vein in legs. It is getting improved. But my problem is doctors are giving me tb medication. So for 4 months it will last. I want to plan baby. Can I plan. I am heavy weight. My age is 28 yrs. What to do. My periods flow is regular but medium flow is there. It last for only 2-3 days.
I am 29 years old. Meri shaadi ko 4 years complete hone wale hai. Mera 20 month ka beta hai. But after my delivery. My sex interest become completely ZERO. Bahot Saare efforts dalne k baad bhi koi result nahi milta. Ab mujhe esa lagne lga hai ki mere husband ab mujhe avoid krne lge hai. please help.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run.
I am 25 years female n suffering from pcos. Recently I had my hormones test in dat AMH level is 5.83 and FSH level 4.69. Are these normal or not? If not then wat will be the problem. I had sometimes lower abdomen pain all of sudden.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in almost every women aged 18 to 24. In PCOS, the level of male hormones that is androgens are more than normal limits. In other women it is present in smaller quantities. And increase in such levels, cause delay and disturbances with your menstrual cycle. The main cause of this disorder is however, not known, but it generally runs in genes. The symptoms start generally early after your menarche. Obesity is another factor which causes PCOS.
Some of the signs and symptoms of PCOS are:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Excess male hormones
- Skin discolorations
Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the main cause of PCOS and it is therefore one of the best alternatives. Given below are some of the best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS:
- Apis Mellifica: If you are suffering from PCOS with a stinging pain in the ovarian region, Apis Mellifica is one of the best homeopathic medicine for you. The pain is accompanied by tenderness over the abdomen and uterine region.
- Pulsatilla: You can take Pulsatilla if your periods are late and scanty. You usually feel thirst less. You also suffer from mood swings. You might feel happy at one moment and sad the very next moment. You may as well feel irritated.
- Sepia: Sepia is one of the homeopathic medicines in treating PCOS when pain bears down in the lower back and abdomen. Your periods are irregular, either too early or too late.
- Lachesis: If you have an aversion of wearing anything tight, Lachesis is a pretty good homeopathic remedy for you. Your periods can slow down your periods due to weak flow. The pain in the abdomen are relieved once your flow starts. Jealousy is another common symptom.
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the best homeopathic medicine if you have PCOS along with constipation. You generally have a stout build up. You feel chilly most of the time with a tearing pain in the stomach region.
I am female 19 I had done sex with my bf After sex 3 4 drop blood come out. I took unwanted 72 tab on same day Nd on same day bleeding started like period nd now its become 6 days my periods blood flow is just like first or second day periods blood flows nd my periods is not stopping even after 6 days Is it serious please advice me some medicine to stop my periods nd to avoid unwanted pregnancy Thank please Plz suggest me medicine.
Dear experts, It's successful pregnancy thru IVF, frozen embryo transfer took place on 16th July 16. As per latest sonography report, baby is having weight 2.8 kg, AFI 8.9 cms, running 37 weeks Gynic is suggesting to go for C-section delivery instead of normal because of IVF investment. Let me know when critical factors like baby weight, afi level, still cervix opening haven't took place, fetal movements are okay, heart beat is good. Shud we wait for normal delivery (3 weeks to go) or go for C-section delivery within next one week (her conclusion was as per previous sonography of last week baby didn't gain weight and afi level seems to be low for normal delivery) 1.What wud be ideal date to go for C-section delivery if you are suggesting so? 2.any chance for normal delivery with these scenario?
Hi ,i am 37 years old, yesterday my pregnancy was conformed, what care should I take. And I have wait sensation.Please tell.
Iam 25years iam suffering from pcod and thyroid problem irregular periods please give any suggestions to solve this problem.
Hello Dr. my wife is 46 days pregnant for second child. What diet she should follows in these days Should she eat cashews and almond or dry fruits?
I had sex with my husband before one month without any protection, BuT I take unwanted 72 with in 24 hour, my period date was 20 BT now period is come before 5 days. So please advice me there is any problem, or am I pregnant? please give me full resolution.
I got spotting today and if go to a doctor for a pregnancy test today itself, will the doctor be able to confirmly tell me I'm pregnant or not. How will they take the test by urine or blood.
My mom is 39 years old. She has undergone'hysterectomy' 4 and a half months before. Just below the umbilicus, she is experiencing pain. When she reached out to the doctor who had done her operation, she said its just an intestinal infection. Please give me your suggestions on this.
Hi Doctor, I am married from 3-4 months My husband put his penis in my mouth Everytime we are together From early morning or during lunch dinner, he push entire penis in my throat Please suggest how should I enjoy this act so that I can satisfy my husband I can do anything for him. Can I swallow his sperm.
Hi, me 1 month pregnant hu our me abhi is ke liye ready nahi hu our ye mere 1 pregnancy he so agar me abortion karvalu to mujhe baad me next pregnancy me koi problem to nahi hota na please help me.
1. Its convenient to do at home so don’t need to go out for activity. Yoga based on simple posture and breathing techniques burn 175 Kcal per hours same as Slow Walk and Power yoga burn 300 Kcal same as Brisk walk.
2. Yoga gives inner peace and reduce stress helps to reduce stress hormone and increase fat metabolism for weight loss.
3. Yoga May Make Your body more sensitive to insulin, so it can helps you achieve a normal body weight and Normal Blood Sugar level .
4. Gives truly healthy body not only just physically fit but also mentally and emotionally balanced
5. Improve digestion process which help to proper utilisation of food into the body.
6. Improve confidence, motivation and develop positivity help to follow diet plan properly.
7. Practice to include yoga in your daily routine give strong and flexible body which keep you young by your mind, energy and physic.
8. Enhance energy and Immunity help to people to finish daily task properly on time which balance work and life.
9. Increases Self-control and motivation helps people who wants to quit alcohol , Smoking etc
10. Yoga and meditation work on keeping the mind happy and peaceful make your family environment happy. It’s effective for all age group.
“KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY WITH HEALTHY DIET AND YOGA TO MAKE HEALTHY AND DISEASE FREE INDIA”
By Dietitian Arti Jain
I had sex in the month of February, I got my period on March. However this month, I haven't got it at all (no signs at all. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended.