Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.kanika jainYour feedback matters!
The popularity of Ayurveda as an alternative form of medicine has been on the rise for sometime as it is effective, holistic and without side effects. One of the forms of ayurvedic treatment which has been practiced for ages and has resurged in popularity over the past few decades is the Panchakarma Therapy. Let's take a look at this form of alternative healing.
What exactly is Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy, which literally translates into five therapies, is the primary form of detoxification and purification of the body in Ayurveda. The functions of Panchakarma are to remove stress and toxins which may cause illnesses as well as the re-balancing of energies or the doshas that govern all of the biological functions within the body.
Individual parts of the Therapy:
- Vamana: This is a medicated and controlled form of regurgitation or vomiting which is used to loosen the toxins within the body and then flushing them out of the system and to balance Kapha doshas. It is also used to clear the respiratory tract. It is extremely beneficial in case the patient has Chronic Allergies, Hyperacidity, congestion, Bronchial Asthma, obesity among other disorders.
- Basti or the irrigation of the colon: Although this treatment is used as a rejuvenating treatment, the main purpose of basti is to flush out the toxins with the body through the use of an enema and to clear the colon of toxins. This is often considered the mother of all Panchakarma treatments as it clears out toxins from all three doshas, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Virechana or purgation of the toxins through the gastrointestinal tract: This therapy is meant to purge the entire toxins from the body via the gastrointestinal tract. Its primary targets are to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder. If you suffer from Asthma, Digestive disorders, Constipation, hyperacidity, headaches, chronic fever or diabetes, this treatment can be of immense help.
- Nose cleaning or Nasya: The main aim of this treatment is to clean the toxins of the head and neck area. This is achieved by administering of special medicated oils through the nose and then cleaning the Kapha toxins that have accumulated over time.
- Raktamokshana: This is a rare procedure but performed in extreme cases and involves blood letting in a very controlled manner and minute quantities to detoxify the body.
Importance of the Panchakarma Diet: This is one of the most important parts of the Panchakarma Therapy as none of the treatments mentioned above will be effective if you don't follow this proper diet. Treatments can be individual or a combination of multiple parts mentioned above and has been known to be very effective in curing a variety of disorders if followed properly with the diet.
Hai doctor can I take metformin and Normoz tablet together. I have one baby ,she is turning to 5.After that I had three abortions. I started Normoz and that is the time I got pregnant on last time. But it is ended up with miscarriage. Did all the investigations but no reason .So now doctor is telling implantation failure is the reason. I completed one dose of intralipid infusion also. Finish with ovulation induction ,used clomid ,menogone and overall. But did not get pregnant ,i started my period on 24 /11/16. So my question is I am already on metformin 500 mg bd, so can I take Normoz also together with this. Please give me a suggestion.
I am a 18 year old girl and I had unprotected sex the next day from my ovulation day. I keep track of my ovulation days from a personalised app. So, after having sex I took an ipill within one hour of the intercourse and till then I am scared. My periods are in 12 days and I don't want a pregnancy now. What are the chances of it?
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of Aloe Vera include the following,
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: Aloe Vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: Aloe Vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe Vera is the first FDA approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: Tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called Candida albicans and bacterium named Streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: Most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: The latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: Topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: There was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.