Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanika Jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika JainYour feedback matters!
White discharge without any smell or pain during pregnancy of 2 months is good or bad and sex during pregnancy in a alternative days is good or bad please suggest.
What is Infertility?
Infertility is the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse in a couple less than 30 yrs of age. If the couple is more than 35 yrs (female) then they should seek help after six months of unprotected intercourse.
Infertility is primary as well as secondary . In primary infertility a couple has never conceived before but in a case of secondary infertility couple has conceived before but is unable to conceive now.
There are various factors which cause infertility. These can be male factor, female factor, both male and female, unexplained.
I am gain weight and want to reduce my weight. I am having pcos due to which I have heavy hair fall. please let me know how to stop hair fall.
In this fast-moving world, everyone is so busy that it's hard to take self-care. People give less importance to what they eat, when they sleep and so on. Conditions such as anaemia have become very common, and we still neglect knowingly and unknowingly. You tend to find quick alternatives. Homoeopathy is the alternative for such a condition.
Understand Anemia: If hemoglobin (that carries oxygen throughout the body) count is less in red blood cells, such condition is known as anaemia. Body doesn't receive enough oxygen, thereby leading to weakness and fatigue. Anaemia can affect all age groups; from kids to elders.
Apart from poor diet, certain anaemic conditions could be hereditary, which are beyond one's control. Women who are of childbearing age tend to be anaemic due to menstruation.
Causes and Types:
- Accidental blood loss, child birth or medical conditions such as gastric ulcer lead to haemorrhage, which ultimately lead to anaemia.
- Iron deficiency during pregnancy, poor diet or haemorrhage may cause anaemia
- Megaloblastic anaemia occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 (Folic Acid).
- Pernicious anaemia occurs due to autoimmune disorder. One is unable to absorb Vitamin B12 adequately.
- Hemolytic anaemia is caused to destruction of red blood cells during ill health conditions such as in malaria or due to irregular red blood cells such as in Sickle-Cell Anemia.
- In a condition where haemoglobin production is impaired due to hereditary disorder, it is called Thallasemia.
There are numerous homeopathic treatments available for anaemia.
- Aletris Farinosa is mainly given to women who are extremely weak and feel tired. Such patients always feel tired with minimal energy levels. Vertigo and fainting are quite common. Facial skin looks pale.
- China is the best for one who experiences excessive bleeding. Bleeding could be due to traumatic injury, periods and so on. The person is usually tired and faints quite often. China is used to control haemorrhage as well as improves blood quantity after bleeding episodes.
- Cinchona also helps to treat anaemia due to blood loss.
- Ferrum Metallicum is considered to be the best homeopathic medicine for anaemia.
- Natrum Mur helps to treat anaemia due to grief. Reasons could be personal tragedy or any other circumstance. The condition worsens due to heat. One tends to ingest more of salt content food.
- Nit-acid-One is given to anaemic persons who have a desire to eat chalk, paper and earth.
Besides these treatments, eat iron-rich food and have a regular blood check-up at least once in six months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 25 years old women and I'm 6 months pregnant. My legs pain so much this time that I am unable to sleep whole nights. And I have the habit of eating pan masala. What should I do to get relief and take proper sleep at night.
Recently my pregnancy is of 18 weeks and 3 days. And I gone through color doppler and nasal bone length was found absent. So I want to clarify whether it can impact the growing of other organs or not?
Some doctors said using I pills causes infertility and some said no problem using I pills but short term side effects like irregular periods heavy bleeding. So here my question is "Really using I pills results in infertility" Please give your responses. Thanks in advance.
I am 26 years old female suffering from low ferritin since last year after I had typhoid. I took dexorange for 1 and half month but my ferritin level did not increase. I have my periods regularly. My ferritin is 10.7, haemoglobin is 10 and RDW-CV is 16.7%. These are according to my haemogram test. please suggest some medicine for my decreased iron levels.
My friend had unprotected sex 2 days before and then she took a ipill the same day. Today as she had loose motion and stomach pain so I got her 3 medicines from a chemist. From this there is some blood in her urine and blood has come for 3 times in her urine. So is it a side effect of ipill or something else.
Good evening, I am Dr Rahul Manchanda, and I’m consultant gynaecological endoscopic surgeon. I have spoken to you on this platform before, and I’m based at A 32, New Friends Colony, which is my OPT, Manchanda Endoscopic Center, and I perform all surgeries at Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute Hospital.
Now let us discuss on ovarian cysts in women. Ovarian cysts are important because these are a collection of fluid in the ovary, or they can be tumours in the ovary, but not to worry about this issue. The situation can become worst in case of ovarian cancer. And unfortunately, the ovary is notorious for having cancer which is detected very late, because they increase at such a huge pace that by the time the symptoms appear, it’s very late. And these are normally detected in the last stages where nothing very much can be done. So it’s important not to take it lightly. At every stage of a woman’s life, whether it is in before she gets her menses, or when she’s menstruating, or after the menses finish, there is various range of awareness that can occur. One should go for a regular gyno checkup, or go for a regular medical check-up and get an ultrasound in various stages, and see if everything is alright. If there is a cyst, it would catch, and that needs to be investigated, and you need to see your gynaecologist. The cysts can be normal and can be physiological, but they need to be investigated.
Nowadays of course we have minimal invasive surgery, so they can be tackled very easily. We can make a diagnosis and there is no requirement of making the large cut but the cyst can be removed through small holes. And we advice the patient to go home the next day. With the diagnosis, and of course, with satisfaction that it is nothing sinister.
So please look after yourselves. Go to a gynaecologist, go to a doctor.
If you need to consult us you can get us through Lybrate platform, or of course the OPT either at Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute in the mornings or in the evenings at New Friends Colony.
This is Dr Rahul Manchanda. Thank you very much.
I am 22 now and I have been diagnosed by PCOS since I was 18 years old. I took medication for 6-8 months, after which my cycles has been regular for few years. But now I am facing irregularities and pelvic pressure since a month. Why would this be happening?
She facing some lump problem in her one breast from last 5-8 days. What is that lump? It hearts sometime and sometimes pains suddenly.
I am 24 year female. 8 months pregnant. I have 2 questions to ask. 1.From past few days I am feeling pain in ear. If I bite something from teeth I am feeling the pain. May I noe what is the reason? And what remedy can I take. And 2. From yesterday night I am feeling the numbness in my right hand thumb and light pulling of nerve may I know why is it? And what precautions to be taken. Waiting for your answer.
Hi. I had unprotected sex about 9 days ago after my period had ended 3 days before. Now I am experiencing cramps and tender breasts. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy? Or could I be ovulating or experiencing early pms before my next period in two weeks? I usually get pms early. Please help me! Thanks!
I had an unprotected sex but he pulled out before ejaculate this was done on jan 25th n I got my periods on jan 29th. But I missed my feb periods is there a chance of pregnancy.
I finger on my girlfriend's vagina Daily But this month she missed her periods. Is this problem is normal? Or can you please suggest some tablets for getting periods faster.
Hi We have Same blood group. Any problem will come are not. We are Couples. Blood group is A+.(Both are)
We all know about magnesium as a mineral, but what most individuals do not know is the fact that it is a very important mineral for our bodily health. Magnesium is involved with more or less 300 complex metabolic processes in our body, thus earning the title of ‘master mineral’.
Here is a list of reasons why magnesium holds an important place in our body.
It is responsible for transportation of calcium across cell membranes. As such, it helps calcium get into the bone matter. Like we all know, magnesium is anti-inflammatory. It helps in waiving conditions mentioned below:
So magnesium deficiency can definitely cause numerous problems in the human body. This element works in our body at a cellular level. It is important to have a check up done with the doctor to ensure the magnesium level, however, a simple a blood test cannot determine the presence or absence of it. Here are a few signs that might suggest that an individual is suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- A lot of calcium deficiency which means brittle bones
- Very poor heart health
- A lot of unnecessary weakness
- Very frequent muscle cramps at unusual situations
- Tremors, nausea and unnecessary anxiety
- High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Difficulty in swallowing the food
- Poor memory
- Lots and lots of useless confusion
Although individuals with magnesium deficiency suffer from these symptoms, it is not necessary that any individual suffering from such symptoms might have magnesium deficiency. So, the only way to improve magnesium amount in the body is by changing your diet and including magnesium rich foods or my supplementing your food with magnesium-based food products.
Magnesium overdose is close to impossible and so many would not check their magnesium intake. However, consuming too much of anything can never be a good idea. Excessive magnesium intake might end up causing the following issues:
- Irregular heartbeats in individuals
- Slow breathing
This excess amount of magnesium in the body might be due to the fact that not all supplements can be easily absorbed by the body. So it is a better idea to eat inexpensive food to keep the magnesium levels at par with the bodily requirements.
Here is a list of items that can relieve the deficiency symptoms of low magnesium.
- Seeds of pumpkin
- Seeds of sun flower
- Soya bean
- Black beans
- Sesame seeds
- Spinach and many more
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Alcohol addiction commonly known as alcoholism is a fairly common problem that has shown to affect people from every walk of life. Scientists have tried to pinpoint the absolute cause behind alcoholism, but to no success. Certain factors like sex, genetic, and socioeconomic factors have shown to have some effect on alcoholism. The cause of alcoholism is never singular. Alcohol addiction is indeed a disease, where a person may not have full control over his actions and is seen to change the neurochemistry of the brain.
The symptoms of alcohol addiction can be seen in many ways and the severity of the situation varies from person to person. Other factors such as the frequency of consumption may also be specific. While some people are heavy drinkers and drink throughout the day; others may drink occasionally and remain sober for a few days.
A person who is dependent on alcohol will prioritise drinking over other essential activities and will eventually cause disruption in his social life, work or other areas of his life. It can also create a negative effect in the victim’s life along with their families and their near and dear ones.
What are the signs of alcohol addiction and alcohol abuse?
The signs and symptoms of alcoholism or addiction are rather conspicuous. Since drinking alcohol is common in social events in most cultures around the world, it becomes difficult to recognise when someone is addicted to alcohol, unlike drugs like cocaine and heroin.
The physical signs of alcohol abuse include:
- Loss of control over the quantity of alcohol consumed.
- Lack of adequate sleep, followed by overcompensation for sleep.
- Expression of anger and other negative behaviours my increase in inappropriate places and situations.
- Lack of proper attention towards the priorities in life.
How does alcohol affect the body?
Chronic abuse of alcohol can have negative effects on almost every part of your body and plays havoc in your system. Alcohol is liable to cause irreversible damage to several organs of the body which is vital for sustenance:
- Nervous system
- Stomach or Intestines
Alcoholism in itself can lead to several diseases like:
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
with the exams approaching, the pressure increasing and the anxiety reaching the pinnacle; being able to concentrate on what you study and remembering it is the most important concern of the hour.
Here are some tips which will help you to concentrate on your studies and remember whatever you have studied:-
* keep your cell phone aside. These days, the cell phone addiction has become more difficult to cure than any other addiction. It is better to switch off your cell phone and keep it in a place far from your reach so that you can concentrate on what you are needed to concentrate on rather than what is pulling your attention.
* make a timetable and stick to it. Make a proper schedule of each day which will include what time will you wake up, when you will eat, when you will take a nap etc. Even include what subject and what chapters you will study each day. This will make your revision planned and hassle free.
* take adequate sleep. It is necessary to sleep at least 6 hours in a day even during exams as your brain needs that much time to recuperate from the stress and strain. Studies have shown that taking an adequate sleep of 6 hours in a day, increases productivity and improves your ability to remember what you have studied that day.
* take a short nap after lunch. The grasping ability reduces after eating lunch and hence it is a good habit to take a power nap of 7 to 8 minutes after lunch.
* keep your body properly fed and properly hydrated. There is no specific food that will help you improve your grasping ability. All the foods are important enough to provide the necessary nutrition to your brain and, in turn, improve its grasping and retaining ability.
* lastly, don't over exert yourself. Stress is only going to make you forget what you have read. If possible, perform meditation for 10 to 15 minutes in the day to relax your mind and refresh you for the whole day of studying.