Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanika Jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika JainYour feedback matters!
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.potassium magnesium
Hi doctors as we have done home pregnancy test it's shows two dark lines that means she is pregnant. Sorry to ask but she is not ready for it now now she want to get rid of it .please help me out for safe. Is misoprostol is safe for 2 week pregnancy. Please help me. Thanks.
Hi I am pregnant and I don't have the money for an abortion. Can I use cinnamon for natural miscarriage since it's known to be an abortifacient? If yes, what should my daily dosage be? Or could you even recommend any medicines that I can buy over the counter for inducing miscarriage?
My LMP is 16th December. 3rd March i am 6 weeks pregnant. Had sex with a guy on 15th January. Is it possible I got pregnant from him? please help.
Will iui, ivf etc will work for hormonal imbalance and thyroid having female's what are the chances of conceiving? When conceived sneezing and cough should not be present?
Hi my wife got pregnant from 26 March pls help me what precautions to be adopted fr good health of baby Nd wife, also tell me diet to be taken by my wife. Response my question in detail.
I'm now 4 months pregnant I lost 2 kg In the first trimester what should I do and now what are the medicines I should take as i'm just taking realfol apart from it what should I intake? Also what to eat to gain weight? As i'm not hungry at all.
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a potentially life-threatening condition that causes a steep drop in blood pressure, resulting in deprivation of oxygen to the organs, which in severe cases leads to death. This disease has been associated with menstruating women who use superabsorbent tampons. It was first recognized in the 1970s and 80s when women using tampons of certain brands were affected by this syndrome and those brands were immediately taken off the market. This disease primarily affects tampon wearers and harmful effects of cervical caps, diaphragms, and menstrual sponges have surfaced.
New mothers are susceptible to TSS as well as those who are recovering from a surgery, are wounded or are using prosthetics. It is important to know about its symptoms so that you can identify the disease and seek professional help at the earliest.
Warning signs of TSS include:
An overgrowth of bacteria called staphylococcus aureus (staph) causes this disease. It can be found primarily in female bodies. This is one of the many staph bacteria that lead to skin infections in burn victims and patients recovering from surgical wounds. Group a streptococcus (strep) bacteria is another cause of this syndrome.