Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika JainYour feedback matters!
I used urine home pregnancy test kit of 2 different different company one is prega news and 2nd other company. Both give some result that is negative. This result is 100% true and reliable? Can I believe that result? Tell me please dr.
I am suffering for pcod problem. I have irregular mensuration cycle I want to get pregnancy. So what to do. I cannot lose weight. Its a very big problem to me. I am 30yrs old. 90 kg wt.
In my right breast since morning not a pain that is some like (jum, jum) not continuously 10 seconds are 20 seconds what to do this problem I am scary pls help me.
Sir mai aur meri wife unche garv se bachne ke liye maine apni patni ko unwanted 72 khilaya aur usi din se uske sine me jalan ho raha hai sir please koi upay batye.
I was having regular periods but from last two years I am suffering from irregularity in periods as my periods occurs late or have large gap.
Hi Sir and Madam, my wife has taken (two tablets) medicine to stop breastfeeding two days back, but milk is coming and also our baby doesn't want to stop, so she wants to continued for few Months more. Is there any problem to my baby's health?
My period is 7 days late, I have swollen breast which is paining in surrounding when I touch it and also have sore nipple, also whenever I consume any meal it create gas into my stomach. according to my research I feel I am pregnant but pregnancy test result is negative should I go and consult doctor or wait for one more weeks.
1. Limit well-wishing - This can be extremely important for those first few weeks at home and is also often in the best interest of your baby's health. Certainly you are anxious to show off your new little one, but there will be time. Don't be afraid to place limits and disregard those that would like to insist that it is ok for them to come by. A good game plan is to let everyone know a date after which you will feel up to having visitors meet your newest family member. It is ok if they disagree.
2. Accept help - Chores still can get done by others. Tell family and friends how they can help. When people want to visit, ask if they might be willing to bring food. Don't be afraid to rely on others.
3. Breast-feed if you can - Yes, it's good for the baby but it also will burn an extra 500 calories a day. If you're trying to get the postpartum weight off, breast-feeding is a great way to start.
4. Hang up your cape - You are a superwoman but superheroes need rest too. Napping when the baby sleeps is easier said than done if you think you have to keep up with laundry and cooking. Forget the chores and try to nap at least once a day.
5. Drink water - Breast-feeding increases your need to stay hydrated. Get the equivalent of 8 glasses of water a day. Stay away from sugary sodas and caffeine that can filter into breast milk.
I have been having heavy period's from the past 7 day's. Last I had my period twice. I am an anemic patient also. I am sexually active. Is this normal? If not is there any way that I can stop the bleeding?
Hi doctor in trying to conceive this month, my last day of the period was on 10.3. 16. We had intercourse 4 times on every alternative day, I'm getting stomach pain from last 3 days. Is it related to pregnancy. Should we continue intercourse.
Hi I am 23 years old from past few days I am facing right back side pain while passing stools though I am suffering from constipation. So please help me out .1 month back I went for an whole abdomen ECG done there report was all OK! Previous month I had my periods on 23rd but this month I still didn't got yet. Recently I haven't gone for any kind of intercourse. I have a gas problem too. For which I have to take pan d.
Hi, I am 26 years old I get monthly two times pain in my right breast. Last 6 months before only my pain started. Its breast cancer symptoms.
Hi my wife's carrying now 3 months. Now we can have intercourse or not. But now hw we can do. Pls tell me. She getting white discharges.
PMS is ‘a condition which manifests with distressing physical, behavioural and
psychological symptoms, in the absence of organic or underlying psychiatric disease, which regularly recurs during the second half of each menstrual (ovarian) cycle and which disappears or significantly regresses by the end of menstruation’.
The degree and type of symptoms can vary significantly from woman to woman. The precise aetiology of PMS remains unknown but cyclical ovarian activity and hormonal fluctuation throughout the month has been implicated.
Absence of PMS before puberty, in pregnancy and after the menopause supports this theory .
It can be graded as mild, moderate or severe depending on the degree of symptoms.
Since patients can find these symptoms very debilitating and often get depressed patiently listening to them and good support from their doctors and family is always helpful. I advise women to do regular exercise throughout the month like walking, jogging, cycling and swimming. Maintaining a optimal body weight and eating a well balanced diet also helps amongst other things getting a sense of confidence back.
Also reducing tea, coffee, salt intake in the second half of cycle is helpful. So is yoga.
There are medicines available in extreme cases to help with symptom control that can be prescribed by a doctor. These are usually hormonal pills to maintain a balance throughout the cycle or a group of drugs called SSRI's. Also in some cases vitamin supplements like evening primrose oil and vitamin E are prescribed. In extreme cases injections and surgery may have to be considered.