Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Geeta SharmaYour feedback matters!
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Mujhe pcod hai. Saadi ko 3 years ho gaye hai. Bacha chahti hun But nahi ho arha. Face par hair aa rahe hai.please help
My period has got delayed by 1 month but I am neither pregnant nor have any thyroid problems. Blood clot has started to come while passing urine after 35 days of delay but still no full fledged period after 2 days of this. Should I take pill to induce my period now. I have done all blood test it's all normal. I am worried please reply.
There are a number of digestive problems that can affect a patient, depending on one's diet and daily routine. Indigestion, acidity, loose motions and even constipation are some of the common ailments and conditions that many of us experience. Obstruction in defecation is also one such condition that may be caused by consuming certain kinds of food or due to the digestive health in general. Obstructive defecation syndrome (ODS) is a wide term used to depict the state of patients with defecatory blockage or constipation. These frequently encountered disorders affect 18% of the population .
The condition can be diagnosed by a general physical or a gastroenterologist by using the following parameters:
- Excessive straining
- Incomplete rectal clearing
- Use of laxatives
- Observing symptoms like stomach pain and anxiety, as well as other aches and pains in the abdomen
Besides aches and pains, the other symptoms include the following:
- Fragmented or unsuccessful attempts to release
- Drawn-out episodes in the toilet
- Rectal agony
- Posture problems
Here are 10 tips to treat the problem of obstructed defecation:
- High-fibre diet, and a lot of water and fruits are the most effective and natural treatments of ODS.
- Chocolates and other food items which build stool thickness should be avoided since they make defecation difficult.
- Increase liquid admission and other products like natural products, vegetables, whole wheat and grain.
- In the morning, take one tablespoon of olive oil. It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before anything else.
- Consume one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin with moderate doses in case you don't like the taste of it. Eventually, you can add some warm water or tea to it to weaken the taste.
- Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed oil with one glass of squeezed orange. You may consume it as and when required to avoid dehydration and subsequent obstruction.However,one needs to give it at least five hours to begin working. It will begin to show results only after a few hours of regular consumption.
- Aloe is not only good for minor cuts but also in reducing stomach aches. It's best to utilise aloe vera gel that has been directly extracted from the plant.
- Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It's staggeringly flexible, and does its work 95% of the time. It works extremely well for blockages.
- Drink one glass of prune juice in the morning and one during the evening to diminish obstruction.
- Dandelions may merely look like weeds, yet you may see them differently after they relieve your clogging.
I had done the pregnancy test at home after two days of missing periods is It ok or need to do it again?
Sir/mam, My wife is having blood count @8 but accordingly the blood count should b minimum 11 how to increase the blood count please suggest as she is having problem in her menstruation cycle because of lack of blood please suggest some better diet to recover soon as well as the precautions to be taken.
Hi my periods date was 5 of this month I still did not get. Today is 16. But i am getting white thick discharge and also cramps in lower abdominal like I use to get in my periods i am a married lady kindly advise.
I am suffering from periods problem. I had a sex with my bf on 9 july after my period came 21 july to 28 july then august and sep. They didn't come and I had check pregnancy test in 2 times its negative. please tel me I am pregnant or not.
Hi I am surekha, I am married and our marriage become 7 years old on 16 may 2017. From 1st I am getting periods every month for 3 days I have never missed my periods ever but now the flow of my periods hv became less I get it for 2 days and on 3rd days its very less, and last year I came to know that I hv thyroid and its hypo I am taking 2.5 mcg tablet but sum times I missed my medicine sorry. I have completed 25 years of my age on march 4th 2017. Seven years became for our marriage but I hv never got pregnant not even once but now v r planing for baby but becoz of thyroid I think I am not able to conceive? But b4 thyroid also I was not able to conceive not even excidently? Don't know y? please let me know what should I do and which all test I should do if required?
- Vlisters and ulceration on external genitalia, in the vagina, or on the cervix
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain and itching
- Tender, enlarged lymph nodes
- Pain when urinating
- High temperature (fever)
- Malaise (feeling unwell)
- Cold sores around the mouth
- Red blisters on the skin
I missed my period this month and I was feeling vomit sensation everyday I think iam pregnant is this symptoms fr pregnancy? Please help me.
I am 26 years old male and I do the sex four times unfortunately without protection but my sperm is not entered her vagina. Is this any problem to get the pregnancy.
My baby is 20 days old and she is on breastfeed I have catched cold and cough congestion Kindly suggest me any medicine which is safe to take during breastfeeding.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.