Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Dipti NabhYour feedback matters!
I am 1st stage of pregnancy. I want to know which foods and which works are harmful for me. Please suggest me.
My wife is having some physical problem. Firstly she is having thyroid problem his thyroid is 9.21 from last 2 months. Weight is around 79. She is get fat day by day. Secondly her periods (monthly cycle) is irregular from last 5 years due to this she is have black neck underarms so kindly help me to solve this problem please.
I have one blockage fallopian tube other was normal. Husband was ejuspeic sperm count is 2 & that's nonmotile. I want an issue. I got 3 done iui bt its fail. Help me.
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include:
- Increased risk of needing a C-section
- Preeclampsia and high blood pressure
- Preterm chance of birth
Dried plums can help fight colon cancer finds a new study from Texas A & M university and the University of North Carolina found that a diet containing dried plums can positively affect microbiota or gut bacteria thus helping reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Dried plums contain phenolic compounds which serve as antioxidants that can neutralise the oxidant effect of free radicals that can damage our DNA.
I am suffering from PCOD problem, I tried all the way even patanjali medicines also but there is no improvement in my problem, my periods running continuously till 3 months, I need to take medicines every time to stop, my weight is 77 kg, I am trying to loose from last 1 years but didn't get any result, because of this problem I am not able conceive its being 5 years of my marriage ,please give some solution for my problem.
Hello doctor I wanna ask that can I have intercourse on 22nd nov 2016 I had my periods on November 1 2016 we always use a protection but will taking contraceptive after safe sex will alter my periods please reply.
We suggest that women should get a health check-up done even before trying for pregnancy, as any other medical conditions needs to be treated before trying for pregnancy.
Hello doctors I want to ask you that my wife gave birth a baby boy on 1st Nov 2016. Our baby was premature and now he is 2 months ols. My concern is that his mother not able to produce her milk. So we are feeding him cow milk. So o want to ask if there is any treatment to produce mother milk so we can feed our son his mother milk instead of top feed. Kindly give suggestion. Dinesh jaipur.
Hello madam, please give me proper suggestion. Like. While am going to toilet in my uterus I have some disgusting like something there I found two type of balls like small one while washing it. Please suggest me what to do? Is there any problem in that. Please suggest me.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.
I am 5 months pregnant. My weight is 40. How can I get normal delivery and what are the ways to get normal delivery and avoid scisserian.
I am 18 years old I have a problem of irregular menses. Please I want your suggestions? What should I do?
Hello, Doctor what is the best homeopathic medicine for cyst removing or to destroy it completely? Does thuja 200 will be workable or any other? Kindly help me out thx!
Many people choose to utilize essential oils for asthma, as they can reduce respiratory inflammation and prevent a severe reaction to the triggers from asthma. By definition, asthma is the chronic inflammation of the airway, typically caused by certain triggers in the environment, or through physical activity. An asthma attack is basically an allergic reaction, in which the immune system overreacts to a trigger, sending a rush of blood and histamines to the respiratory tracts. This can cause a release of mucus in the airways and swelling of the respiratory tracts, making it difficult to breathe. When combined with the inflammation of the tissues, this can cause spasms in the respiratory system, causing wheezing and coughing.
Some of the most common triggers for asthma include cigarette smoke, animal dander, changes in weather, physical exertion, respiratory infections, sulfides in certain foods and beverages, perfumes, environmental pollutants and chemical irritants. With such a wide range of potential triggers, asthma is an unpredictable and dangerous condition. Some asthmatic attacks can be fatal if rapid treatment (via an inhaler or essential oil) is not administered. Some people develop asthma as they get older, while others are genetically predisposed and suffer from this condition from childhood. Due to the potential risks of asthma attacks, pharmaceutical treatments of asthma are highly recommended by doctors, but essential oils for asthma, particularly in mild cases, can be very effective.
List of best essential oils for asthma:
Some of the most useful essential oils for asthma include chamomile, clove, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, oregano, thyme, frankincense and tea tree oils.
1. Thyme oil
With its immune-boosting properties, as well as its expectorant and antibacterial abilities, thyme oil is ideal for asthma sufferers, as it can clear out the excess mucus in the respiratory tracts and eliminate infections that can exacerbate asthma symptoms.
How to use – this essential oil can be added to a steam inhalation treatment, or mixed with other aromatic compounds or carrier oils and applied to the chest, where it can be inhaled throughout the night for clear breathing in the morning.
2. Lavender oil
There are certain sedative and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender oil that make it ideal for treating asthma. It can reduce swelling in the respiratory tracts and soothe muscle contractions, preventing the bronchospasms that can cause wheezing.
How to use – you can add lavender oil to a warm bath and inhale deeply from the aromatic fumes, or mix lavender oil with jojoba oil and apply it to the chest as a vapor rub. After 20-30 minutes, you can wipe your chest clean, as the smell can be quite potent.
￼3. Eucalyptus oil
One of the active ingredients in eucalyptus oil, eucalyptol, is a known expectorant that can also break up excess mucus in the respiratory tracts, making it easier to breathe, while also soothing ;inflammation in the throat and breathing passages.
How to use – add 4-5 drops of eucalyptus oil to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel, and breathe deeply so the microparticles of the oil can do their essential work in your respiratory tracts.
4. Oregano oil
Asthma symptoms are often compounded or exacerbated by respiratory infections and a weak immune system; oregano oil is packed with antibacterial and antiviral compounds that can boost your respiratory health and make your immune system less susceptible to overreactions in the form of asthmatic attacks.
How to use – do not use this oil in an inhaler or room diffuser, as it can cause breathing difficulties. However, when rubbed on the chest, neck or throat, it can absorb into the skin and provide relief.
5. Tea tree oil
When an irritant or asthma trigger enters the body, it stimulates an immune system response in the form of excess mucus production and inflamed airways. Tea tree oil can directly counter this response by the body and prevent a serious asthma episode.
How to use – due to the potency of tea tree oil, it should only be inhaled, rather than topically applied. Add 5-6 drops to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply for rapid, soothing relief.
6. Frankincense oil
This is one of the best essential oils for asthma, as it can not only reduce inflammation in the airways, but also prevent allergic reactions by the body. It will cut through mucus and relieve tightness in the chest, promoting normal, healthy breathing, even in the midst of an asthma attack.
How to use – many people choose to diffuse frankincense oil into the air for all-day relief from respiratory conditions, although applying a diluted version of this oil (with coconut oil) to your chest at night can help you breathe normally all night for uninterrupted sleep.
7. Clove oil
The anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties of this popular essential oil make it the perfect choice for asthma patients; it can prevent the respiratory tracts from seizing up when an allergen is detected, while also easing muscle tension in the throat so breathing can continue without interruption.
How to use – clove oil has a wonderful aroma, making it a popular choice in room diffusers, as well as steam inhalation treatments. Some people choose to mix it with a carrier oil (such as almond or olive oil) and use it as a chest rub. However, sensitivity to this oil is quite high, so never place the undiluted oil on the skin.
8. Peppermint oil
Armed with decongestant, anti-spasmodic, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, peppermint oil is an excellent remedy for asthma sufferers, even during an asthma attack. It can open the breathing passages and prevent an asthma attack from becoming more severe.
How to use – you can topically use peppermint oil on your chest to promote good respiratory health, or add a few drops of this oil in a steaming pot for an inhalation treatment. Adding 10 drops to a warm bath and inhaling deeply as you soak is also a good approach for asthma.
9. Chamomile oil
This legendary anti-inflammatory oil is able to soothe respiratory inflammation and support the immune system, making it less likely to overreact to potential triggers. It can also function as an expectorant to eliminate excess mucus from the throat and lungs, making asthma attacks less severe.
How to use – you can add a few drops of chamomile oil to a cup of chamomile tea for a direct treatment of the respiratory tracts, although you can also inhale this oil during a steam inhalation treatment to help you keep your breathing clear all day.
A word of warning
The inhalation or application of essential oils for asthma can be extremely effective, but there are a number of risks associated with essential oil use. Allergic reactions can be common, along with skin inflammation and gastrointestinal distress (when consumed). Furthermore, some essential oils are slower acting than others, so in the midst of an asthma attack, they may not provide the instantaneous relief that is necessary. If you are an asthma sufferer, it is critical that you speak to your doctor about the severity of your condition and the potential risks of using essential oils for asthma. Severe cases of asthma can result in impaired or completely blocked respiratory function, so great care should be taken when treating this potentially fatal form of inflammation.