Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Dipti NabhYour feedback matters!
Last month I went for a follicle test and my follicles size was 4-5 mm and endometrial thickness was 6 mm. My doctor said I am having pcos and gave me smartova 50 for 5 days along with productive pcos and productive F.this month again I went for a follicle test on the 12 14 16 day of my period and now my follicle size is 4-6 mm and endometrial thickness is 7 mm. Why my follicle size has not grown.
I am 18 years old girl last month I got twice time periods and now again after 18 days I got periods this is 1st time. Why its happening.
I am trying to conceive. My hubby got dengue now he is not having fever. And his platelet count is coming to normal. When we can start trying? Does dengue effects sperm count. Pls answer me.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
- Sexual problems
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Kapikachhu, Shilajit, Gokshura, Musli, Amalaki, Punarnava, Chandraprabha vati, etc. are very beneficial.
I am missing my periods from jan till now. I had my late periods in dec month. I just wana know how month long I am pregnant. I am confused.
I am 26 years old married for about 2 years not able to get a child any reasons. I smoke and drink is that the reason why i am not able to get a child.
I am 40 years female, have a, distant number from my childhood, now I'm feeding my second baby who is1. 5 years old, I am afraid, by breastfeeding my vitamin A stores r depleted and go to baby, now I'm having +1 no. Progressive no. Shall I stop breastfeeding of my baby, and give him top milk, he takes all weaning foods only 2 times in sleep he needs my milk, what should I do, or give me vit A supplement. Plus I eat less fats because I am 80 kg weight.
What is the early symptom 'if I conceive and implantation. Today is 16 day of cycle. I have done regularly sex.
Me and my wife having sex from last 6 months but still she didn't got pregnant. Can you help me please that what should be the problem there behind this?
Hello doctor, I had sex with my wife, after 1 year delay because pregnancy and delivery. We have 6 months old baby now. I had sex on 1st and 2nd Oct with protection condom. Her regular period date his 3rd (+- 2 days) every month. But today it's already 5th. But still she didn't got periods. I am worried about it. Kindly help me out.
My aunty is interested in sex with me she dosen't have any other relationship than his husband I want to sex with her I use condom or not.Please tell.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch