Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepshikha Goel
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepshikha GoelYour feedback matters!
I had my period on 17 January and it ended on 20 January. I had an unprotected sex on 21 of January. So is there any chance to get pregnant. On which date I should do the pregnancy test?
Hi, I had a sex with a girl 8-8.5 years ago and right now I am 33 years old and happily married. I had a 4.5 year old son. I was remembering something and suddenly this thing comes to my mind that I had a paid sex 8 years back. I stressed with a thing that I might get some disease from this like hiv etc. I am feeling myself fit and fine right now. I have seen my wife pregnancy 4-4.5 year old reports and she was hiv negative at that point. I didn't have any sex with anyone except my wife from last 8-9 years. Is it a psychological issue which is harming me and I am taking unnecessary stress.
I am suffering from stomach pain. It will comes after a week and before a week from the date of menstruation. Pain will long for 45 mins and it automatically downs. Is there any serious problems?
I have been diagnosed with pcos. I've been taking duphaston to get my period for a year. And now I started taking harmony- F for around 15 days now and a vitamin d tablet to help reduce my appetite. Is there any thing I can do to reduce a few kgs because all the doctors I've seen tell me reduce weight but I can not seem to make time to exercise. I'm also having a severe pimple break out now and then which is not going away with whatever I do I've used so many products like the epiduo gel which I used for a year it worked at first but not anymore then I used aha-peel and a sunscreen lotion for Marks and patches on my skin. Before all of this I've also tried turmeric on my face. Now I have given up on any improvement on my face and the pcos because I'm done fighting this for the past 2 1/2 yrs. Every night before putting the vitamin tablet and the hormone I just cry feeling hopeless in it improving. What do I do?
Do we any such cases possible where A Woman can be pregnant for 13+weeks without showing any symptoms of pregnancy like vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, and even no periods? That is she has got periods 3 times in this 13 weeks.
I did not get my menses yet as i am 5 days late. there are no symptoms of getting it as i am all dry down there. I am a perplexed cos though im sexually active my guy inserts without a condom and den puts it on and ejaculates in it. As I know that pre cum has no semen in it.
I am having heavy periods after being fingered by my husband. Is I am having any problem or something else. Or Is there any chance of getting pregnant with this activity? If possible can you suggest some test where I can found myself safe.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.
In today's hectic and stressful time, where both men and women have their own priorities physical intimacy has taken a back seat. Most men complain that women are sexually passive because they do not initiate sex more often and that makes them question their own sexual viability. In reality, women want sex as much as men do, but it takes a right man and right situations to get her in the mood for it. The sole reason for it is unlike men; women's sexual desire is unpredictable and depends on their level of intimacy with their men.
The following are some of the tips that can help you to set the tone to get her into the right mood:
1. Get her out of her head: The most prominent factors that hinder women from enjoying sex to the fullest is stress and insecurities. The more capable you are to make her feel attractive and comfortable in her own skin, the more she will feel confident around you to open up both emotionally and sexually. Once her insecurities subside, you can get her in mood with ease.
2. Give her genuine compliments: Women are good at differentiating genuine compliments from tasteless ones. Make sure that you compliment her genuinely on her inner beauty rather than her outer appearance. Most of the time women are skeptical of the things that men tell them. It is a defense mechanism of women to protect themselves against manipulative and emotionally unavailable men. The more you express your true feelings for her the more she will feel connected to you and will respond positively to your sexual approach.
3. Prolong the foreplay: The longer you invest your time in foreplay, the easier it will be for you to get her in mood. Pay proper attention to her face, neck, shoulder and lips. Some erotic massage techniques may prove handy in the foreplay. Make sure you make ample of eye contact during the entire process.
4. Be gentle in your caresses: Most women do not prefer rough actions prior to engaging in sexual activities. Women crave soft and sensual touches on their body. Caress your way to her erotic zones with slow and prolonged touches that make her crave for you more. Gentle touches will arouse her and get her in the mood.
5. Pay attention to her like and dislikes: ask her about her sexual likes and dislikes, such intimate confessions are known to arouse her sexually. Use her likes to your advantage. You will be surprised how quickly she will get aroused with your considerate approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.