Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Deepa AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I had complete my periods cycle on dis month of 17 and had sex on 19th of dis month but it had not safe thats why I took Ipill tablet and after that from yesterday I am having lightly blooding. I have question why it is happening like that? Bcz like dis it never happened to me.
In homeopathic and ayurvedic medicine. Is there any medicine for regular mensuration cycle and blocked fallopian tube. Can any body help and how much time it's take, and help to conceive it.
Q: My friend had sex with r girl friend day before date of her menstruation, sperm did not entered only preejaculation took place, she took an ipill after that. 5 days past but still she is not having periods, whats should she do, does she got pregnant or what should they do. Please help please.
My haemoglobin count is 10.6 and my period cycle length is 60 days. Can anemic will be the reason for long menstrual cycle.
Recently I got married we don't want any kids for 2 years since we both want to concentrate on our career. Kindly suggest a birth control pill which is having minimal and no side effects.
Hi I Am 21, Female. I Had Protected Sex With My Partner (Condom). On 6th Day Of My Periods, My Periods Last For 5 Days & I Think My Cycle Is 30 (Regular Periods). I Had Sex On 21st Oct And My Periods Ended On 20th Oct But Its Nov 23rd I Still Don't Have Period's. In October My Periods Started From 16th Oct And Ended On 20th Oct. I Just Want To Know! Am I Preg? I Don't Have Any Symptoms Except Missed Periods. 1 Thing To Notice Is My Daily Routine Is Changed From 2 Nov. I Want To Abort This Pregnancy If It Is. But Medical Abort Which I Can Do At Home. Due To His Job So please Suggest Me Some Pills To Abort Or Get My Periods Back. & if I Am Preg It Would 5-6 Week Of Pregnancy If We Count Day 1 Of My Periods please Help I Would Be Greatly Relived. Me Not Going For Medical Abort Because Privacy In Our Locality Is Concern. Thanks.
How can virginity be tested. Is the thing that it is always positive? Or it can be lost while playing, cycling, fingering?
I am suffering from pcod. Is there any problem at the time of pregnancy. And how should I know that I'm pregnant as I am taking menstrual pills?
As you are reading this article, you may find several plastic items within your reach, your computer or phone, a pen, maybe an old food container in your kitchen. Today, plastic is everywhere in our lives. It has become an icon of convenience culture.
Is it really safe?&nbsp;
Before we take a call whether plastic we are using is safe or not, it is important to understand different type of plastics. Society of plastic industry has grouped plastics into 7 different categories separate code called spi is given to each plastic, which is marked in triangle symbol at the bottom of each plastic bottle.
Spi code #1:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 1 is made with polyethylene terephthalate, which is also known as pete or pet. Pete-based containers sometimes absorb odours and flavors from foods and drinks that are stored inside of them. Items made from this plastic are commonly recycled.
Beverage bottles, medicine jars, peanut butter jars, combs, beanbags, and rope.
Recycled pete is used to make tote bags, carpet, fiber fill material in winter clothing, and more.
Impression: okay to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #2:
The spi code of 2 identifies plastic made with high-density polyethylene, or hdpe. Hdpe products are very safe and are not known to leach any chemicals into foods or drinks. (however, due to the risk of contamination from previously held substances, please note: it is never safe to reuse an hdpe bottle as a food or drink container if it didn't originally contain food or drink!) hdpe products are commonly recycled.
Items made from this plastic include containers for milk, motor oil, shampoos and conditioners, soap bottles, detergents, and bleaches. Many personalized toys are made from this plastic as well.
Recycled hdpe is used to make plastic crates, plastic lumber, fencing, and more.
Impression: good to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #3:
Plastic labeled with an spi code of 3 is made with polyvinyl chloride, or pvc. Pvc is not often recycled and can be harmful if ingested.
Pvc is used for all kinds of pipes and tiles, but it's most commonly found in plumbing pipes. This kind of plastic should not come in contact with food items.
Recycled pvc is used to make flooring, mobile home skirting, and other industrial-grade items.
Impression: avoid using it as it contains plasticisers such as deha or phthalates that can leach into food.
Spi code #4:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 4 is made with low-density polyethylene, or ldpe. Ldpe is not commonly recycled, but it is recyclable in certain areas. It tends to be both durable and flexible. It also is not known to release harmful chemicals into objects in contact with it, making it a safe choice for food storage.
Plastic cling wrap, sandwich bags, squeezable bottles, and plastic grocery bags all are made from ldpe.
Recycled ldpe is used to make garbage cans, lumber, furniture, and many other products seen in and around the house.
Impression: ok to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones, but not as widely recycled as #1 or #2.
Spi code #5:
Consumers will find the spi code of 5 on plastic items made with polypropylene, or pp. Pp can be recycled but is not accepted for recycling as commonly as pete or hdpe. This type of plastic is strong and can usually withstand higher temperatures.
Among many other products, it is used to make plastic diapers, tupperware, margarine containers, yogurt boxes, syrup bottles, prescription bottles, and some stadium cups. Plastic bottle caps often are made from pp as well.
Recycled pp is used to make ice scrapers, rakes, battery cables, and similar items that need to be durable.
Impression: ok to use. Hazardous during production, but not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. Not as widely recycled as #1 and #2.
Spi code #6:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 6 is made with polystyrene, also known as ps and most commonly known as styrofoam. Ps can be recycled, but not efficiently; recycling it takes a lot of energy, which means that few places accept it.
Disposable coffee cups, plastic food boxes, plastic cutlery, packing foam, and packing peanuts are made from ps.
Recycled ps is used to make many different kinds of products, including insulation, license plate frames, and rulers.
Impression: avoid using it as researchers have investigated possible health risks from traces of styrene monomer. This risk seems to be low.
Spi code #7:
The spi code of 7 is used to designate miscellaneous types of plastic that are not defined by the other six codes. Bisphenol a (bpa), polycarbonate and polylactide are included in this category. These types of plastics are difficult to recycle.
Polycarbonate, or pc, is used in baby bottles, large water bottles (multiple-gallon capacity), compact discs, and medical storage containers.
Recycled plastics in this category are used to make plastic lumber, among other products.
Impression: totally avoid using it as it polycarbonate can release bpa into food, especially when bottles are washed for reuse. Can leach into food as product ages.
Avoid recycling symbols 3, 6, and 7. While number 1 is considered safe, it is also best to avoid this plastic. Look for symbols 2, 4, and 5, as these plastics are considered to be safest.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
Aging is a natural process determined by genetic and environmental factors, such as the effect of UV radiation, smoking, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, etc. It represents a set of physical, psychological and social changes that occur in the human body over time.
People have intervened in the process, trying to look as young as possible. This need has created a special branch of medicine, called cosmetic dermatology, which involves the application of therapies to enhance a person’s image by offering them a younger look. Smoothing out laughter lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure, has never been quicker or easier.
Injectable anti ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery. So, here we have come up with a list of 5 super-effective anti-aging treatments:
- Botox Injections- A highly purified protein when injected into a specific area of skin by skin specialist, it makes the muscles relax so not to be able to create muscular movement and wrinkles. The effect may take up to 3-5 days for the maximum effect to be apparent where the area becomes smooth and relaxed and wrinkle free. Botox removes and smooths out areas where you have wrinkles to create a fresh and youthful look. The effects of smoothing the muscle do not allow the wrinkle to form as deeply as it would with constant muscle movement so more people are having it to reduce wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out existing ones.
- Fillers- Fillers are popular treatments used for softening wrinkles, laughter lines, facial lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure. Combined with a local anaesthetic, dermal fillers are injected into the skin to give your face a natural volume, leaving your skin completely hydrated and youthful. Popular areas to add volume and fullness to include the lips, cheeks and bridge of the nose. For smoothing and plumping lines and wrinkles, popular treatment areas include around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Thread lift- The purpose of PDO threads is to lift the skin. They are ideal for treating sagging skin on neck, face contour, and cheeks. They may also be used on the body for thigh lifting and buttocks lifting and to tighten the skin on the abdomen and arms. Without a doubt, PDO threads are one of the top anti-aging treatments.
- RF Skin Tightening- This procedure, which is relatively new, is a non-surgical option for people who want to treat wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Radio frequency skin tightening is performed by dermatologists and skin care clinics, and uses radio frequency (RF) energy on the skin of the face, heating up the various skin layers to stimulate collagen production, which smoothes and lifts the skin’s surface. This procedure requires no incisions to be made in the skin and has a low instance of side effects. Radio frequency skin tightening is a viable procedure for many people whose skin has not reacted favorably to laser or thermal treatments in the past.
- HIFU Face and Neck Lift- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound also known as ‘3D SkinMed’, ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’ has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck. 3D SkinMed is a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin! The key advantages of this treatment are:
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- No cuts to the skin
- No recovery time
- Noticeable results
Apart from good diet and exercise, cosmetic treatments can do wonders.
My gf period usually starts by 13 till 20 in a month. If we have sex without protective method or condom from 16 till 28, will she be pregnant? Please tell me the answer with full explanation. Thanks.
My girlfriend doesn't get wet. She keeps dry all the time? Why is that so? She gets turned on goosebumps and the feel. But her vagina is always dry. No flow of the lubricant.
Is there any oral juice or medicine or any fruit or vegetable to Unblock blocked arteries in ayurveda.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.