Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Deepa AgarwalYour feedback matters!
There are a number of reasons that can cause pain during intercourse. Physical intimacy is one such thing that requires your physical and mental stimulation in order to create a satisfactory environment and peak appropriately.
From sexual interest to stimulation, excitement and even sexual peak - there are four distinct stages in the act of sex and sexual intercourse that inevitably follows, until orgasm. So, it is important to be in the right frame emotionally and physically in order for the four phases to progress properly towards sexual climax. Yet, there are a number of reasons that can cause a decline in sexual interest and drive, as well as a less than satisfactory sex life. One of the reasons includes pain that many people, especially women, experience during the act of sex. This is called Intercourse pain or even Dyspareunia. Following are the reasons behind this pain-
- Cervical Problems: Many times, problems with the cervix can lead to dryness which can cause pain during intercourse. This may occur due to infections and other such conditions which cause pain during deep penetration.
- Uterus Related Problems: There may be problems with the uterus including fibroids and other such growths in the lining which can lead to pain during intercourse. Also, the presence of Endometriosis can also cause pain during such activities. In this condition, the tissue lining usually ends up growing outside the uterus which can cause severe pain and other related symptoms.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This condition is also known as PID. In such cases, the tissue within the pelvic region can get infected to a great extent which causes a variety of painful symptoms and growths including pain during intercourse.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When the fertilised egg develops outside the uterus, it is known as an ectopic pregnancy. In such cases, there may be pain in the region during sexual stimulation and activity.
- Vaginal Infections: Pain during sexual intercourse may also be experienced due to vaginal infections and other yeast infections as well as a condition known as Vaginismus which can lead to involuntary twitches and spasms that can arise because of fear of getting hurt.
- Lack of Lubrication: Excessive dryness and lack of lubrication, especially during stimulation can lead to pain during intercourse as well, as the opening does not expand or accommodate the male member properly. In such cases, one can use a lubricant.
- Stress: Many times, a stressful situation can keep one from enjoying stimulation which creates dryness and pain during intercourse.
Ensure that you see a doctor in case your problem is more than mere occasional pain, as it could also be a side effect of a more serious ailment.
Sir ji Me apni wife se sex karta hu. Par one year ho gya abiI tak pragnet nahi huee. To meeny fill Kia kii uska womb (peat) bhut hot lagta hee Isse koi pargnacy hone mee koi problem too nahi hogi Please help.
Brain foods that help you concentrate
Ginseng, fish, berries, or caffeine?
Listen to the buzz about foods and dietary supplements, and you'll believe they can do everything from sharpen focus to enhance memory, attention span, and brain function.
But do they really work? there's no denying that as we age, our body ages right along with us. The good news is that you can improve your chances of maintaining a healthy brain if you add 'smart' foods and drinks to your diet.
Caffeine can make you more alert
There's no magic bullet to boost IQ or make you smarter -- but certain substances, like caffeine, can energize you and help you concentrate. Found in coffee, chocolate, energy drinks, and some medications, caffeine gives you that unmistakable wake-up buzz though the effects are short-term. And more is often less: overdo it on caffeine and it can make you jittery and uncomfortable.
Sugar can enhance alertness
Sugar is your brain's preferred fuel source -- not table sugar, but glucose, which your body processes from the sugars and carbs you eat. That's why a glass of something sweet to drink can offer a short-term boost to memory, thinking, and mental ability.
Have too much, though, and memory can be impaired -- along with the rest of you. Go easy on the sugar so it can enhance memory without packing on the pounds.
Eat breakfast to fuel your brain
Tempted to skip breakfast? studies have found that eating breakfast may improve short-term memory and attention. Students who eat it tend to perform better than those who don't. Foods at the top of researchers' brain-fuel list include high-fiber whole grains, dairy, and fruits. Just don't overeat; researchers also found high-calorie breakfasts appear to hinder concentration.
I'm 34 weeks pregnant with second baby, and first baby being 3 years old born in Aug 2013 via Cesarean due to fetal stress (as reports say). Now, doc has advised me 12 mg of Betasol to be taken twice at a gap of 24 hrs interval. Please suggest the reason for this, when I asked my gynae she said it's for High risk factors. Following are the medicines/ supplements which m taking nowadays.
I had some red patches near my vagina. They are itchy and irritating. Do applying zandu balm on them can cure them fast?
What happens if the male drink a girls vaginal discharge like white water or a male drink a girls periods blood or discharge.
She is getting marry after diwali but she has big fear of sex before marriage they try so many time for sex but they are not succeed so she has more fear that if that's not done. so what should she do?
Doctor I want to get pregnant, I am trying since last 1 year and 4 months, but due to pcos I am not able to get pregnant. Please advice.
A combination or standalone mineral and/ or herbs has proven excellent for vaginal wash to cure infections of different aetiology especially white or yellowish thick discharge. Though for complete treatment oral medicines are recommended but sometimes patient is not mentally ready to start proper course of treatment.
In such cases we recommend adopting vaginal wash approach for instant results. However its not the complete regime. At least patient feels relief to a large extent. Cost is very economical i.e. As low as INR 10/- per wash.
Sir, I had recently got married and since last two month my breast size is increasing. My weight is also increasing. We have given lot time in foreplay (breast sucking and pressing) activity during sex. Can the breast size is increased by this activity. Please suggest.
Hi, I am taking evion 600 daily 1 tablet for hair loss, so just wanted will it disturb my regular Menstrual Cycle?
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
I am 34 years old female and my USG report shows a well defined left ovarian cystic SOL (size 46. 7 mm x 39. 6 mm approx). No septation or solid components noted within the cyst. Is it serious or required any major treatment. Please suggest what to do as I am getting married within few days.
Sleeping disorders or as some people calls it, insomnia, is the condition where a person loses his night sleep completely or is able to sleep only for few hours or minutes. They feel a sudden restlessness when they go to sleep, or they naturally do not get any good sleep. It is a known fact that sleep is a major necessity for any person since the hormone levels and other form of bodily activities are regulated only if the person gets a good night's sleep. The body needs some form of rest after a long day, that is, the normal breaks that a person takes is not sufficient enough to keep him or her healthy, but a proper sleep for atleast 6 to 8 hours is needed to keep oneself fit.
Forms of sleeping disorders:
Sleeping disorders can be of various types and they are not just only about the person's inability to fall asleep. Some common types of sleeping disorders are,
- Loss of sleep due to excessive snoring
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation
- Sleep walking
These are the very common forms of sleeping disorders that can be seen in a person. All the disorders have one thing in common. They generally make the person feel tired all day long, due to complete or partial loss of sleep. At times, the break in the sleeping pattern can also be brought by jet lag or an uncomfortable travelling schedule.
Sleeping disorders cannot be identified from the day one. The slow build up of symptoms are the only clue to the fact that one is suffering from this condition. Some of the very common symptoms that would help the person to identify the problem are:
- Loss of concentration during the day
- Falling asleep during the day and during work
- Irritable sensation all throughout the day
- Loss of patience during work
- Suddenly waking up in the middle of the night
Solution to the problem:
The homeopathic remedies involve the use of natural herbs and their extracts. All these are recommended by the doctors in prescribed dosages. Some of the commonly used homeopathic remedies are:
- Coffea: This particular herb is considered to be ideal for coping with sleeping disorders. This is more commonly suggested for people, who find it difficult to fall asleep due to over excitation, or else due to sudden mood swings.
- Chamomilla: People suffering from sleeplessness due to pain and irritation prefer this.
- Belladona: This herb is used in cases where the person has trouble falling asleep due to nightmares or headache.
Related Tip: "5 Great Things To Eat For People Suffering From Poor Sleep"