Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Raj
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RajYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods .this problem is now starting from before three months. I have my boy baby of five years. Mine is normal delivery.
If you have been worried with no zing in your sexual life, then nip the worry in the bud. Here are 4 tips which can help you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Make Efforts and Moves - For people who are very busy and have got no time for their partners, a change in mentality is required. Instead of giving up on your sex life because of lack of time, make a move to find time and solve the problem. Taking time off will also relax your mind on account of which you can enjoy the sex better. Little things like dinner together, a shower together can be great boosters. So never ignore them. All you need is give some effort.
- Maintain a playful relationship - Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Maintain overall intimacy - Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Communicate - Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
Hi should I need to wait for one week to check pregnant or not. Is it safe to have sex in these days or should have sex or not. My periods is irregular. 14 march my last mensturation had come. In april my mensturation came on feb 28 but on march it came on 14. Is it there any problem . I am using the tablet normal for 2 days. So will I get pregnant. I have pcod problen for last 2 years. So please help me to get pregnant.
My daughter in law got conceived twice but after 45-50 days she gets bleeding, and no pregnancy, what could be the reason.
Hi Dr. I am 26 years girl I am not married mujhe one month mai two tym periods howe 14 dec ko phir 20 finished hogaye phir 29 ko restart hogaye periods ye problem kyun howee abhi blooding hori please give me answer.
During pregnancy if mom is not lying on bed then fetus is not having food properly inside the womb. If pregnant mother use to lying on bed it will help the baby to get food from her mother. Is it true?
Hi doctor in trying to conceive this month, my last day of the period was on 10.3. 16. We had intercourse 4 times on every alternative day, I'm getting stomach pain from last 3 days. Is it related to pregnancy. Should we continue intercourse.
What is a hysterectomy and why do you need it?
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus, which is a muscular organ that carries and nourishes the baby during pregnancy. This surgery may be done to remove all or parts of the uterus; if there are any associated problems in fallopian tubes/ ovaries, they may also be removed simultaneously, during hysterectomy.
Types of hysterectomy procedures
Hysterectomy may be done through surgical cuts in the belly, known as abdominal hysterectomy or through vaginal hysterectomy where the uterus is removed through the vagina. Majority of the hysterectomies are now done with laproscope, due to the advantage of faster recovery. Which procedure is chosen will depend on why the hysterectomy is being performed along with the medical history of the patient.
Depending on the reason of the surgery, removal of the whole uterus or just parts of it may be required. The types of surgery are:
- Partial hysterectomy is the removal of just the uterus while keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and cervix
- Radical hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, lymph nodes, cervix and the upper part of the vagina, and is generally only advised in cases of cancer
- Oophorectomy is the removal of ovaries and it may be done with a hysterectomy
Why is it needed?
There may be many reasons to have a hysterectomy and some of them include:
These may be very uncomfortable and painful, sometimes caused by other diseases. A hysterectomy may be opted for when all other treatments have failed to treat this condition.
They are non-malignant tumors in the uterus that cause constant bleeding, anemia and pelvic pain along with bladder pressure. They may also cause very heavy periods.
It is a condition where the tissue lining the uterus also grows on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, or pelvic or abdominal organs. It causes severe abdominal pain, heavy periods and sometimes even infertility.
When the tissues and ligaments supporting the uterus become weak, the uterus may slip down from its normal position and descend into the vagina. It can result in urinary incontinence (leakage of urine), pressure in the pelvis and problems in bowel movements.
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix or the lining of the uterus (endometrium)
A hysterectomy may be recommended for these types of cancers.