Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Raj
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RajYour feedback matters!
Obesity Can Diminish Penis Sensation
It's somewhat ironic that as our culture has become ever more obsessed with physical appearance, and with a renewed emphasis on gyms and diets, that obesity has continued to grow as a problem for so many people. It's common knowledge nowadays that obesity can be a significant deterrent to general health, but it also can have an impact on penis health. For example, a man who suffers from obesity may also find he is experiencing a loss in penis sensation levels - and that can keep him from enjoying sex to the optimum extent.
A growing problem
The National Institutes for Health estimates that 1 in 3 American adults are classified as officially obese. (Obesity is defined as having a body mass index, or BMI, of 30 or above.) Although the U.S. government has been promoting efforts to bring the obesity rate down to 15%, no state in the most recent survey scored lower than 20.5%. And the trend shows obesity getting worse rather than better.
Why is obesity concerning? Because it can have a big negative impact on a person's life. Heart attack, stroke and diabetes are some of the complications that are more likely to be associated with obesity. And obesity can also lead to a decrease in penis sensation.
Why a penis sensation effect?
Obesity is generally associated with several problems which can result in penis sensation loss.
- Circulation. Often when a person is obese, they are eating a not-so-good diet. For example, high-fat, high-cholesterol diets can create a situation in which arteries become clogged, severely impacting circulation of the blood. In addition, the extra body mass brought about by obesity can put physical pressure on many blood vessels, further impacting their ability to let blood circulate properly. This can result in passing feelings of numbness in the extremities - including the penis.
- Blood vessel damage. As time goes on, the damage to the blood vessels can become more pronounced. This is especially likely to occur if a person develops diabetes as a result of their obesity. When a person has diabetes, they need assistance in managing blood sugar (glucose) levels. Improperly managed blood sugar can result in tissue deterioration and destruction, often in the blood vessels themselves. This again impacts circulation, which can lead to parts of the body - such as the penis - not getting sufficient blood and therefore not having proper sensation.
- Nerves. Blood vessels are not the only tissues affected by improper glucose levels; so are nerve tissues. Severe deterioration can lead to diabetic neuropathy, in which affected nerves cannot respond to the same level of stimulus as they did in the past. When this occurs in the penis, it means strokes and touches that may have produced pleasurable penis sensation in the past no longer do so, or no longer do so to the same degree.
Fighting obesity can be hard. It generally requires a commitment to dietary changes and incorporating more physical activity into the daily routine. Men who are obese are urged to work with their doctor to develop a sensible plan that can help them bring their weight down to healthier levels. This will not only help avoid loss of penis sensation but can also help them improve their overall health.
Penis sensation diminishment can be caused by things other than obesity, such as aggressive or rough handling of the penis during partner sex or masturbation. Daily utilization of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can be helpful. It's essential that the crème contains an amino acid known as acetyl L-carnitine. This neuroprotective ingredient can help protect against loss of penis sensation due to rough handling. The crème should also include alpha lipoic acid, an antioxidant that protects against penis skin damage from excess free radicals.
The surgical procedure that is used for uterus removal of a female patient is known as a hysterectomy. From uterine fibroids to cancer in the uterus, there may be a variety of reasons for carrying out this procedure. Here is everything you need to know about the procedure and recovery.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for which one may have to undergo a hysterectomy. If uterine fibroids and other kinds of growth are causing severe pelvic pain and bleeding, then it may be required. This also applied to particularly painful endometriosis. Abnormal vaginal bleeding as well as severe and chronic pelvic pain, are enough of reasons by themselves for going in for this kind of surgery to remove the uterus. Also, when the uterus slides away from its normal position and slips into the vaginal canal, this signifies a condition known as Uterine Prolapse, which will also require treatment in the form of a hysterectomy. Andenomyosis is another reason why this surgery may be required, as this condition results in the thickening of the organ. Finally, if the patient is suffering from cervical or ovarian cancer, then the doctor may recommend this surgery to remove the uterus in case the tumour found has been tested as malignant.
Technique: There are various techniques that may be followed in the course of this surgery, depending on the location, the size and the severity of the condition and the growth that is associated with it.
- Open Surgery Hysterectomy: This involves an incision of six to seven inches, in the belly of the patient so as to act on the abdominal region. After recovery, there will be a visible scar on the stomach of the patient.
- MIP Hysterectomy: The various approaches for this technique include vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, and robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Risks: While this is mostly known as a low risk procedure, there may be various risks after the surgery including urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, formation of fistula where an abnormal link may form between the bladder and the vagina and finally, persistent pain. Infection, haemorrhage and blood clots may also happen in extreme cases.
Recovery: The female patient will automatically start menopause once this uterus removal procedure has been carried out. Usually, the doctor will ask you to refrain from lifting heavy weights for a few weeks after the surgery and also, to abstain from sex for a while. Most female patients reported complete cure of the problem following this surgery. Also, it is not common to find too many side effects after the surgery.
- Walking after a month.
- Simple streching exercises after a month.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Water intake around 6 to 7 glasses.
- Calcium supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common causes to visit to your gynae are enlisted below:
- Menstrual irregularities: The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Painful sex: Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- General well-being: Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
- Itchy vagina: Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that can lead to damage to the eye's optic nerve and result in blindness. Open-angle glaucoma, the commonest form of glaucoma, has no symptoms at first. However, over the years it can steal your sight. With early treatment, you can usually protect your eyes against serious vision loss and blindness. Most people over the age of 40 should have an annual eye check, which includes measurement of eye pressure and assessment of the optic nerve, this is more important if you have a family history of glaucoma.
I am a 23 old female. I was diagnosed with hirsutism 2 years ago and was prescribed krimson 35. And was asked to take it with a gap of 1 or 2 month. I had not taken it for about 2 months. My last period came on 5 nov. I had sex (protected) on 17 dec and took an ipill the same day. Now I am 11 days late for my periods. Took several preganews tests that came out negative. Took a beta hcg test that said hcg below 1.2.why am I still not getting my periods? I am really worried. Is it sure that I am not pregnant? I don't want to be. Please help.
I am suffering from irregular periods since I got matured. It's been 13 years still this continues. I have consulted many doctors regarding this, they suggest a course of tablets for 3 months and then it becomes regular for few months but again in vain. Please suggest a proper solution.
I am 29 year old and I am due by 4 days for my periods. I got beta hcg done which is <1.20. I wanted to know wht shid I do.
I am having mild red mucus after intercourse. Is this affects my conceiving? am thinking that am gretting periods always? is it afffects?
My wife is feeding to my eight months baby. She has white discharge problem. It's hurt her. Any medicine is there to stop white discharge.
When the temperature soars to extremes in the summer, all you want to do is switch on the air conditioner and stake out in a room during the day. Alas! That's not a real world option. In reality, we have to work in the kitchen, step outside to reach office and do our daily chores bearing the heat. In some places, the added humidity becomes an even worse problem with sweat draining us out of our energy. While we can blame it on global warming and other problems, it really isn't going to solve our problem. To do that, we need to look inside and not outside. Nature's bounty is infinite and there are several foods in nature that helps our body stay cool form the inside. That's because nature likes to maintain balance and has all the solutions we need. We only need to look.
Here are a few options on summer friendly meals that can help you beat the heat.
- Summer salads: Fresh and healthy summer salads are one of the sure shot ways to make you feel light and full and keep your body cool while keeping your taste buds super happy. Fill it with the goodness of cucumber, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrots and cottage cheese and flavour it with salt, pepper and a dash of homemade cream cheese and pomegranate. We've seen this salad being gobbled up in a record time of 7 seconds. You just have to give it a try.
- Cool drinks: From buttermilk to lemon mint coolers to variants made from fennel seeds (saunf) cooling drinks are a must have in any home. You can stock these up on a Sunday to have them through the week. Also, you can consume many of these with honey instead of added sugar to keep your health and calories in check.
- Fresh fruit salads with ice cream: Fruit salads can actually be a wonderful breakfast or meal option. Using a mix of locally available fresh fruits and topping it with fresh custard or ice cream can be a delightful summer coolant.
- Summer vegetable saute: Want some freshness on the side. A fresh vegetable saute can just become a full meal. Filled with the goodness of vegetables sauteed in virgin olive oil and very little seasoning, the crunchy texture and colourful mix can work wonders in keeping you healthy during the summer. Try a mix of corn, spicy jalapenos, onions and lettuce and tofu to make it a full meal.
Summer heat can sometimes really take its toll. Be careful if you experience unusual symptoms like excessive sweating or faintness.