Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Archana RohastagiYour feedback matters!
It has been 40 Days since my last periods. I worried if I am pregnant! As we dont plan a baby yet? Kindly help.
Dear sir. Doing oral sex is harmful. Sucking clitoris or vagina is harmful during oral sex. Is oral sex give std or other problems. How we do safe oral sex.
Hello doctor. I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 6th November. But she got her regular period with as usual bleeding on regular expected date. But now after 9-10 days of her menstruation she is saying she is feeling little bit nausea. So is there further chance of pregnancy. Or should she go for a home pregnancy check up. Kindly rply soon.
I had unprotected sex with my partner and gave her pill very next morning. This happened 9 days ago. Today she bleed a bit. Is there anything we need to worry about. Please suggest some ideas.
Sir Yesterday I had a sex with two women's (Call girl) without a COndom. And now I scared of some disease like HIV, Pls help to understand and some guidelines for safety health pls. Will something happen to me?
I had my last period on 13th september 2015. I checked twice by prega news the result came negative. Is everything alright? I am really tensed. Is there anything to worry?
What are the signs of ovulation for ladies? What is the time frame for the highest chances of pregnancies? Days particularly after 15 days of the period with considering the first day as bleeding? The best time to have sex for My wife's getting pregnant would be after 10 days of periods with first day of bleeding included? Please suggest. Thanks in advance. I am much confused. I get news answers from every doctors. And yah my wife's periods are irregular. It extends up to 5-10 days. It keeps on changing. Please advise me.
1. Starving during the day and eating only one meal at night: though this may sound repetitive, it is vital to weight loss and so frequently ignored, that one is forced to remind potential dieters of this.
2. Eating sprouts on a day when you are also eating cooked food: the combination of sprouts and regular cooked food is very fattening. If you are eating sprouts, then do not add anything with it. The best time to eat sprouts is before your workout or early in the morning. But when you eat a bowl of sprouts along with your lunch / dinner, then the sprouts will only form gases and will not be that helpful for weight loss. When having sprouts, do not mix it with any other cooked food.
3. Drinking juices (very fattening) and coconut water (good for kidney, not so good when trying to knock off flab).
4. Eating plenty of ketchup, pickles. Eating too many of the diet foods like diet chocolate, diet fizzy drinks, diet cookies (heavy on fat and loaded with aspartame which in high doses also prevents weight loss).
5. Eating too many carbs: often repeated but true because some people with a carb-sensitive profile do not lose weight despite being on a low calorie diet.
6. Drinking mega-doses of milk and consuming lot of dairy in the form of curd, paneer, cheese: too much of dairy makes the elimination system sluggish, a sensible amount of dairy suits some people but not all blood groups.
7. Drinking tea/coffee more than 8 cups a day: creates toxins within the system which stagnates weight loss.
8. Drinking soup at night does not suit women as it promotes water retention and increases weight.
9. Eating dals at night: too heavy to digest and stays as calories. And here are a few more:
A lot of people consider dals as proteins whereas most dals have only 30% protein so their protein content is 1/3 that of egg and dals have 65-70% carbs (so a lot of dals can add to your carbs too).
10. Doing fad diets like only vegetables and fruits for 7 days will always lead to rebound weight gain.
I am suffering from pcos bulky ovaries irregular periods under treatment taking ovral g since 8 days should I continue or if I stop what may happen because I am seeing some side effects in me.
Recently I had D&C, as there is still bleeding, consulted the doctor, the urine test says +ve so went for TVS scan, the report mentioned that a ectopic pregnancy may be there, So doctor suggested to have laprosocpy , to remove the pregnancy, also remove the tube if there is any infection, so went for a second opinion, they also performed TVS , the report says normal, so went for Beta HCG , the report was around 315, Doctor suggested Deviry Tablets for 1 week. Went for pelvis scan to check the ectopic , report says normal, we have made the pelvis scan thrice, the report was normal. Also made urine test, which yielded the result -ve, Still there was bleeding of small drop lets from the day of D&C which was made on 8/7/2016. What may be the Cause. Can anybody suggest if there is a way to stop the bleeding. What to do further. Please help me.
How Acupuncture balances 5 elements of body and disorders it can treat
We had sex on February 10 th, I felt nausea on march 4 th and again on April 10th, am I safe from pregnancy?
For the benefit of couples suffering from infertility, modern medical science has introduced several innovative procedures. Some of the popular procedures are In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), donor eggs and embryos and so on. In addition to these, there are several drugs and surgical procedures that help the couple in getting rid of infertility. Among all these procedures, IUI has gained popularity in the field of gynaecology and infertility treatment procedures. The IUI treatment is also popularly called as artificial insemination procedure. Although this is a popular procedure, it is appropriate that you should also understand its pros and cons.
IUI procedure in brief:
In simple terms, the IUI procedure involves placing the sperm inside the womb or uterus, which in turn would assist in fertilization of the egg. As a result of this procedure, the sperm reaches the fallopian tube, which enhances the chances or rate of egg fertilisation.
Conditions precedent of IUI Procedure:
Before initiating the IUI procedure, the fast moving eggs are separated from the slow moving eggs. This separation is done in the laboratory. Further, in order to undergo IUI procedure, the women should be less than 40 years of age. On the other hand, apart from healthy fallopian tube, the women should also have higher ovarian reserves. Also, the sperm should have minimum mortality rate. However, IUI procedure is adopted only if the fallopian tube is healthy. IUI procedure is suggested in case the couple is having difficulty in vaginal intercourse, either because of psychosexual reasons or for reasons of physical disability.
The IUI procedure can be performed either with the partner’s egg or with the donor’s egg. Some of the other important aspects of IUI procedure are briefly discussed here:
- The IUI procedure is a short duration procedure and it can be completed within a few minutes. This procedure does not cause any discomfort or pain. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation or administration of anesthesia. Further, the procedure also does not cause any side effects. In fact, compared to the IVF procedure, IUI is cost-effective.
- In order to enhance the level of success, the gynaecologist may suggest IUI procedure every month. In some cases, the gynaecologist may also prescribe a few medicines to simulate the ovulation procedure. Except this, IUI may not involve extensive medication.
You may undergo the IUI procedure under the supervision of sufficiently experienced gynaecologist. Further, you may also ensure the hospital is equipped with modern state of art machineries for carrying out the IUI procedure.