Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana GuptaYour feedback matters!
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I am a 21 years old female. I am married. I delivered a baby four months ago. I have been sensing some weakness since a week after Brest feeding my child. Please help me. What should I do to get rid of the problem or it's anything to worry about.
I have undergone a scan yesterday. It shows endometrial lining thickness as 15 mm and has pcos does it is an serious issue.
Hello Drs, I feel a pain in my left breast lasting for few minutes only. But plan not in one particular place, it travels around the chest. Pain for last three only. What can be the cause. Please tell me is anything to worry.
My wife 7 mnth pregnant he facing hurt burn and digene problem since 3 days she going to toilet 5 times in day please suggestion medicine.
Hii. Actually I have take abortion pill after 16th day of unprotected intercourse and before this on 2nd Dec I have took unwanted 72 on 2nd day of intercourse. So my problem is that I have no periods still. It just to complete 4 months. So plzz. Suggest me what should I do. Does I'm pregnant sir and mam.
During sex veginal discharge bahot jaldi ho jata h or partner ko ye acha nhi lagta h iske liys kuch upay h kya ?
If masturbation does not cause any damage means why should occur dizziness shortness of breath and frequent urination pain in lower pelvic region difficulty to wear underwear balancing problem but I have no infection I done culture test I am healthy before doing this habit but now I am facing all this problem but doctors said that it does not cause any damage Which doctor I consult how it cure I done usg it shows right ovary swell I have irritating itching pelvic and clitoris Can I have nerve damage due to over masturbation How it cure.
Hi. I have abortion on last month. Doctor told me to use Meprate Tablet. Can I know why should we use this tablet. Is There Any side Effects.
Respected sir. I completed 8 months from marriage everyday me and my wife met sex 2/3 times in a day. From last week itself only one time it's happening why is any problem . Please rectified the same.
Am 22 yers old female. I have used a weight gain product .(nutri GAIN) powder. And my period date is 8th of this mnth. But still my period is not came ,is their any problem with that powder. I have used that powder without consulting a doctor. And nw I have stopped eating dat powder. please help me that how to come my period regular in the date. Can I use any tablets for coming my period. Thank you.
Contraception refers to something, which works to prevent a pregnancy from occurring. But what is emergency contraception? This sort of contraception is made use of in case other methods of birth control do not work or a woman has had unprotected sex.
This sort of contraception is also referred to as the morning after pill and postcoital contraception, which effectively means that it is taken after sex. Well, if while having sexual intercourse, there is a breakage of the condom or it slips off the penis, then it is a good idea to make use of emergency contraceptives, as should a woman if it so happens that she misses two or more birth control pills over the course of her monthly cycle.
While it is true that a large majority of emergency contraceptives, which are available in the market today are in the form of pills, note that this is not the only form of emergency contraception. As a matter of fact, copper containing intra uterine devices (IUDs) happen to be the most effective way to prevent a pregnancy from occurring, but this is only true if they are fitted within five days of unprotected sex. Again, even in this case, the sooner, the better!
Most people believe that an emergency contraceptive is almost always successful in ending a pregnancy. This is quite inaccurate as the main intention of an emergency contraceptive is not to end a pregnancy, but to prevent it from happening in the first place. This is exactly why it is so essential to have an emergency contraceptive pill after sex as soon as possible. The longer a woman delays, the higher the risk of fertilisation taking place and pregnancy then being left to be a foregone conclusion.
It is important to keep in mind that emergency contraception is not a substitute for taking precautions when it comes to sex. As a matter of fact, it can be said that there is no substitute for being responsible and making use of condoms or birth-control pills in a prudent way. After all, who wants to have the stress and the repercussions of a potential unwanted pregnancy? It makes quite a bit of sense to take some extra care so that there is no need for anxiety, as it isn’t really required and sex remains as much fun as intended! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.