Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Anju TyagiYour feedback matters!
I'm having pcos my menstrual cycle is just only for 2-3 days, menses are regular but I'm afraid if I'm gonna have early menopause? My reports are in the documents plss help.
I have had a painful itchy right breast for 6 months. Mammogram and physical exam show nothing. Breast lump and underarm tenderness. Is it breast cancer ?I have had a swelling under my right breast.
Hello doctor am 7th month pregnant and my babies head is upward and legs are downwards as doctor said. Is it affects to my baby. How would be my babies condition after delivery why it's is like so. Will it change the position. Please respond to my question thanks doctor.
Hello Dr. my monthly periods are for 5 days before but this time I have period for only 3 days. I want to is it normal? O m 35 years old please guide me. V.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
Birth control pills.
Poor diet due to anorexia, bulimia can influence your hormones.
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Anxiety regarding pregnancy.
Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
Uterine fibroids, cysts, polyps.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
Endometriosis (this is a condition where cells similar to those found inside the uterus grow and are attached outside the uterus forming implants. This can lead to infertility and irregular menses).
Inflammatory Bowel disease.
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
Low energy levels.
Changes in sexual desire.
Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
Relax and ease stress.
Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
Eliminate any eating disorders.
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from irregular periods. I am married since one year from now. Will this effect me to get pregnant? How to improve on regular periods?
Mera bilkul man nhi hota h sex krne ko or mere bf mje force krte h sex k liye n I love him so much isliye unhe mana b nhi kr sakti.
I can not sex My spam discharge in kissing period And some time my spam discharge very slow When I talk with girl Paz. Help me.
I am having mild red mucus after intercourse. Is this affects my conceiving? am thinking that am gretting periods always? is it afffects?
I am 33 years old female I have completed 6 years of my marriage I have not any baby. I have operated my uterine fibroid n ovarian cyst again I hv a 5 inch fibroid my hight is 5 feet weight 64 kg. Please advice what should i do?
My wife suffering from tight motion is it normal during 5th month of pregnancy and is it because of the tablet she is consuming (iron and calcium).
Hi doctor i'm late now 5 days last month 11th mine period started but this month only cramping and white discharge (mucus) so pelvic also paining please tell me i'm pregnant or delay period I don't have stress now I already have 1 girl baby she is 29 months now c-section first one. I removed coper-t also 11 months over I checked 3 days before it shows negative.
I am 25 year old. And completed 3 year of marriage. I have a problem of Unicollis uterus with normal left fallopian tube. We tried for pregnancy from last 4 month. Is it possible to get pregnent naturally or by iui treatment?
What can be used for safe sex without using condoms or pills but with the chance to take baby after 2 or 3 years? Please suggest me.
I'm married for a year now, but we are unable to have intercourse till now. The penis doesn't penetrate easily in my vagina. Only the tip of the penis penetrate and I feel a lot of pain so I push back my husband. We are very frustrated now. please help.
Hey im 7 weeks pregnant and I had intercourse a week ago ad I started to bleed heavily with bright red blood and brown penny size blood clots and the bleeding went on for three days my abdomen feels uncomfortable and sometimes painful.
Do you wonder why suddenly at times you go on a zero sex drive? it could happen even when your chemistry with your partner is fine, nothing is heaving on your mind, and you are otherwise healthy too. Only you just don't feel like having sex. This might have to do with what you are eating.
Here are some of the foods which can kill your sex drive.
1. Diet soda - while staying fit is an excellent idea, drinking diet sodas with artificial sweeteners can be absolute mood killers as they directly affect the levels of serotonin, a hormone which assists you in reaching the zone.
2. Caffeine - it certainly increases stamina for sex. However, for someone who is already nervous, this would mean increased anxiety which in turn would lower the sex drive. Overdose of coffee is known to increase one's stress hormone levels, too, affecting one's sex drive.
3. Chocolate - this is surprising since chocolate is known as an aphrodisiac. A study has shown that since it stimulates love and euphoria, it might also suppress, at times the testosterone levels in the body.
4. Mint - while mint is a good way to clear your breath after a meal, the menthol in it is also known to lower the testosterone. This lowers your sex drive.
5. Popcorn - when popcorn is made in the microwave and eaten, it could totally kill the mood for sex, especially in men. Research suggests that the bag's lining has chemicals which kill sex drive and in the long term can also cause prostrate problems.
6. Cheese - if made of cow's milk, cheese contains a lot of synthetic hormones which are known to mess with human body's natural hormone production that primarily includes testosterone and estrogen.