Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dr.Anju Tyagi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Anju TyagiYour feedback matters!
I was diagnosed with polycyctic ovarian syndrome 5 years ago. My periods are irregular. I had been taking meprate from 1 year now. Is this the permanent solution? or I need to do something else? wat should I do?
I've unprotected sex and i've take i-pill within 8 hours now. I've done my pregnancy test and its shows -ve and till now I didn't have period of last month that January and i'm much worried now, i'm going to retest my pregnancy but is their any pill or medicine to prevent pregnancy that can be buy from any medicine shop? I want to know the name of 100% working pill that can prevent pregnancy at all and which can be buy from any medicine shop.
Hi, my name is Monika Sangwan. My age is 33. Have a son of five year old (cesarean delivery). After delivery, I am not having my period in full, very less fluid is discharged. No spots during 3rd day even. Periods coming on time monthly Pls suggest.
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Air pollution
- Wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. I'm a 22 year old female. I had sex for the first time. It was protected. But we did use lube. I did not bleed. After two days of having sex I got my period. I was a bit itchy on my vagina but I thought it was the discomfort caused by wearing sanitary. Now that my period is over I was still itchy and I looked at my vagina closely today and found that I had dry flaky skin around my clitoris. Or on the lips of my vagina. I wanna know why did that happen? Is it because of the lube or the condom? Or is it thrush? Will it get fine on its own or I need to put something on it? Because it feels itchy.
Lack of guidance on such deep subjects can lead to an addiction which can take a physical toll on the patient in the form sexual weakness. The person suffering from this condition will harbour unrealistic expectations of one's body. This is especially true for people who do not indulge in sex with a partner, in a normal manner. It can also occur due to heightened sexual activity and stimulation by watching too much of pornography or adult movies.
So how can a patient cope with sexual weakness? Following are a few tips:
- Psychological Conditioning: A person suffering from sexual weakness is in need of proper psychological therapy that will aim at unravelling any kind of deep rooted fear and anxiety that may be caused by trauma or shame inducing incidents. The therapy will aim at changing the mindset of the patient with a series of sessions where cognitive behavioural therapy will be practiced. This therapy will aim at helping the patient overcome addiction so that he or she can explore a normal sexual relationship with one partner. Also, the psychologist or psychiatrist will aim at reducing the anxiety and fatigue that the patient will most likely be feeling due to excessive sexual weakness.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe medicines that will repair the damage caused due to excessive masturbation. This medication will also help in preventing any further complications that may come about due to the damage. Penile dysfunction, adrenal issues, prostate problems and others will be fixed with the help of proper medicines. The doctors may also prescribe medication to increase the sperm count and other supplements that give strength and vitality during normal intercourse.
- Breathing Exercises: The patient may also be asked to practice regular breathing exercises so as to avoid the harmful effects of sexual weakness like premature ejaculation. The patient may also need to make lifestyle changes in order to gain some weight to cope with the excessive energy that has been spent which may also have led to weight loss.
- Medical Problems: The doctor can also conduct various lab tests and X-rays in order to find out if there are any thyroid disorders or heart disease in the body of the patient. Accordingly, a method of treatment will be put forth. Also, the doctor can prescribe medication for patients who have experienced any hormonal imbalances due to this problem.
Ensuring that a patient manages to overcome sexual weakness is a matter of adhering to a healthy diet and lifestyle where one maintains one sexual partner at a time and enjoys sex in moderation. Other hobbies can distract the mind from constant sexual activity.
My wife's period started on 10/12/2015 and ends on 14/12/2015. What dates are the safe period for having sex to avoid pregnancy? Please tell me all things about safe period in detail.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder affecting the joints, symmetrically (usually). The joints become swollen, red, hot, painful & tender. The joint movement becomes limited due to pain & swelling
It starts with inflammation of the synovial membrane but may involve the joint capsule and other surrounding soft tissues.
It is a self limiting disease. But by the time it leaves, the patient is crippled due to contractures & deformities.
Acute phase can be managed with medicines.
Commonly used medicines are ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin in therapeutic doses. They help to control symptoms of pain and swelling of the joints in most of the cases by their anti inflammatory properties. Fever is also controlled.
Vitamins, minerals, anti oxidents & other supportive medicines are also needed. Omega 3 fatty acids have a very definite role to play in improving the response to the treatment.
Physiotherapy helps in preventing contractures & deformities.
The patient should do general exercises & keep active.
He may have to be further investigated.
In established cases of rheumatoid arthritis dmard (disease modifying drugs) e. G. Methotrexate, hcq, leflunomide, saaz etc. Have to be used.
They all are toxic drugs & can cause bone marrow depression along with other side effects. They should be taken under medical supervision.
Sometimes steroids may have to used.
The dose of these medicines should be adjusted to the minimum required, to control the symptoms.
Blood, urine tests & other investigative procedures should be done periodically to rule out any side effects.
X rays of the affected part should be done to confirm diagnosis & assess the extent of damage.
Diabetes, vitamin d deficiency or any other metabolic disorder should be ruled out. Sometimes they mimic the symptoms & create confusion in diagnosis. Associated disorders like these, most certainly affect recovery adversely.
It should be ascertained that the patient is not allergic to any of the medicines that he is going to take.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that lasts over many years with acute exacerbation & remissions. The earning capacity of the family is adversely affected. The cost of medical treatment is high. If the patient needs surgery, it is further escalated. Most of the population in india is not covered by any medical insurance. All these factors put together create an atmosphere of depression in the family. Patient feels morally degraded & may even develop suicidal tendency.
In a situatation like this it becomes essential that a moral support is provided to the patient by his friends & relations. Treating doctor has a very definite role to play in keeping up the moral of patient.