Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Johri
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anju JohriYour feedback matters!
I have a TSH of 3.4 and I am 29 weeks pregnant, please suggest if my thyroxine dosage to be increased, if so how much. I am currently taking 125+12.5 mcg dosage everyday. My endocrinologist suggesting to not change, but I read in many articles that TSH of 2 should be maintained during pregnancy. I am confused.
My friend is planning to have oral sex with her gf, is it good to lick and kiss on private part of her, will it cause any problem on mouth/lips of my friend?
I had unprotected sex 2days after finish period and took I pill within 24hrs and I got bleeding after around a week (it was like period) and I missed period for 2 months according to my regular cycle and also I took home pregnancy test 3 times but the results are all negative and I am not having any kind of pregnancy syndrome, what might be problem?
I am 7 weeks old pregnant I want to get this pregnancy terminated is there any pill which I can take and terminate this pregnancy.
Hello. I had unprotected sex with my husband on thr 7th day. I do not want to become pregnant. Please suggest was it safe or I need to take any pill to avoid getting pregnant?
What is safe period in mc for sex. Actually I am in live in. So we want sex without condom. And if we get sex in safe period of pregnancy. How much risk is present. And why? Because ovulation is take place on 14th day. And egg is alive only 2 days then why risk occurs. If we get sex after 22th day of mc. Then risk is occurs or not.
Raynaud’s disease is an unusual condition that is actually a symptom of something else, perhaps more serious.
What is raynaud’s disease?
Raynaud’s disease is a hyperactivation of the sympathetic nervous system, resulting in an extreme constriction of the blood vessels, therefore slowing down circulation and resulting in localized hypoxia (a lack of air/blood to cells). When these secondary blood vessels are unable to push blood through, the skin loses its color and sensation.
The disease is classified into two types, namely:
1. Primary raynaud’s: it is also known as primary raynaud’s disease when the condition is idiopathic, meaning that it is not caused in conjunction with any other disease.
2. Secondary raynaud’s: the condition iscalled raynaud’s phenomenon, raynaud’s syndrome or secondary raynaud’s when there is an underlying disorder such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and frostbite, among others.
There are a number of conditions that can result in low blood or oxygen flow to the body’s extremities, but the causes of raynaud’s include:
1. Genetics: raynaud’s disease stands alone in that is often hereditary.
2. Smoking: smoking can cause the disease to develop or can exacerbate any symptoms since it is a natural vasoconstrictor.
The most common symptoms of raynaud’s disease are:
- Numbness or discoloration in the extremities of your vascular system (fingers and toes)
- Emotional stress
- Long, brittle nails
There are two ways in which this condition manifests:
1. Low temperature: when the skin is exposed to cold, and the temperature of the body drops, the skin turns pale or white, evidence of a loss of blood to the area. This is usually in the hands, fingers, toes, feet, and earlobes.
2. Low oxygen: when the oxygen supply is depleted, the skin turns blue.
In both instances, when blood or oxygen is returned, the color flushes back to red, often accompanied by swelling and more pain as the tissues and cells regain their functionality. This can be compared to a foot “falling asleep” or getting “pins and needles”. The numbness is quickly replaced by painful tingling for a few moments. This effect lasts even longer with raynaud’s disease.
I have a friend, she had unprotected sex on 2nd October, 2018 and she was on primolut n for September 29 to October 2 ,to prevent periods, her date of period was on 7th October. But she hasn't got her periods yet, she is afraid of pregnancy problems. She is only 24 and unmarried. Please help early.
1. Bael fruit for constipation:
Fast foods that is very low in fiber is the main cause of constipation. Eating a traditional diet rich in fiber will treat constipation very effectively and if combined with home remedies will give the best results. Though fruits like bananas, mangoes helps people who suffer from constipation, bael fruit gives amazing results. Consume bael fruit regularly to get rid of constipation. The fruit is so full of fiber that it treats constipation very quickly. To eat, cut the fruit in half, sprinkle some brown sugar and enjoy it.
2. Bael fruit for ulcerative colitis:
A male about 35 years was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and doctors started steroid medications for him as his condition was worse. However despite taking steroids for weeks he kept having the flare ups. Finally the patient started looking up for alternate therapy and he found bael fruit. After taking bael fruit two times a day for a few weeks he could reduce the dosage and finally he was steroid free. After reading the incident, I was amazed at how a small fruit had saved the patient from so much pain. If you suffer from ulcerative colitis, please give bael fruit a try, as it does not have side effects.
3. Bael fruit for diabetes:
Bael fruit is good even for diabetics because bael fruit keeps the insulin level stable and even many doctors and nutritionist recommend bael fruit for diabetics. Bael fruit has an soothing effect on the stomach due to it's high fiber content. Try to include bael fruit in the diet in moderation. Too much of bael fruit will result in an upset stomach. If you are a dibetic try to eat it as a whole fruit, instead of juicing it.
4. Bael fruit juice for hair and skin:
Bael juice is one of the best way to keep our skin and hair healthy. Try making and drinking bael juice whenever you get fresh bael fruit. When buying bael fruit make sure to buy ripe bael fruit which smells ripe and sweet. To make the juice, first cut open the fruit like you do a coconut and scoop out the flesh. Add little water to the scooped out pulp and let it soak for a few hours. Boil the required jaggery with little water and strain using a fine strainer to remove impurities and let it cool. Now squish the fruit and water mixture with your fingers and then strain using a large holed strainer, as we don't want to strain out all the fiber from the juice. Now in a blender, take the strained juice, prepared jaggery syrup, a pinch of rock salt, a pinch of roasted cumin seed powder and a pinch of fresh black pepper. Blend everything together and serve it chilled in tall glasses. This juice apart from keeping the digestion in good order also keeps the skin and hair healthy and shiny.
5. Bael fruit for diarrhea:
In many parts of india, using bael to cure diarrhea is very common. The best thing about bael fruit is it is used to cure both dysentery and constipation. Treating both constipation and dysentery depends on the ripeness of the fruit. Ripe bael fruit is used to treat constipation and unripe bael fruit is used to treat diarrhea. To make the remedy, cut a unripe fruit and scoop out the pulp of a fruit. Boil a cup of water and add the scooped out unripened pulp and boil for a few minutes till it softens, strain and drink it warm. This decoction is very good for treating diarrhea. When selecting unripened fruit for using it in the remedy, make sure not to pick very unripe fruit.
6. Bael fruit for weight loss:
Bael fruit is also ideal for including in weight loss plan as it keeps the blood sugar stable and keeps us satiated for a long time due it's high fiber content. Try taking a bael fruit as an evening or a mid morning snack and it will tide us over till lunch or dinner without snacking. Bael fruit also is amazing for digestion related problems and keeps the digestion in keep order. The main key to natural weight loss is peak digestion which can be easily attained with these amazing natural foods. But please don't over consume bael fruit, especially if you are just starting to eat it, as you might get an upset stomach.
Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Diabetes is referred to a condition where your blood glucose or blood sugar is very high. Although, glucose is good as it used by your body for energy, but excessive glucose in your blood can be harmful for both you and your child. Gestational diabetes is mostly diagnosed in the later stages of pregnancy. If gestational diabetes is diagnosed in the early stages of pregnancy, then it is quite possible that you may have had diabetes before you became pregnant. Treating gestational diabetes can help both you and your baby stay fit and healthy. You can protect both, yourself and your baby by controlling your blood glucose levels.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about Gestational diabetes:
- Every three to eight out of 100 ladies tend to develop diabetes during pregnancy, a condition known as gestational diabetes. Fortunately, it can be dealt with and even kept away by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices. Eating leafy foods and avoiding sugar-rich things, is a vital step for both control and counteractive action. Exercise, after consulting your doctor can guarantee that you have a healthy pregnancy.
- In diabetes, when your body's glucose or sugar levels get so high that the carbohydrates and sugars cannot be converted into energy, the excess starts accumulating in your body. This additional glucose can harm the vessels in your kidneys and all through your body, particularly in organs like eyes.
- Two or three factors might cause danger for creating gestational diabetes, both inside and outside of your control. If you are overweight before you get pregnant or while you are pregnant or your family history shows that you are hereditarily inclined to the sickness, you will probably build up the condition.
- One will have to stay on the right path as far as medication and insulin goes. Your specialist may prescribe that you require diabetic pills or insulin to help you control your glucose levels.
- Your weight can bring about complexities during the delivery in case of gestational diabetes. So it is best to keep your weight in check in order to have a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery.
- Gestational diabetes can likewise put ladies at risk of contracting preeclampsia, which can bring about a number of side effects and complexities. Side effects brought on may start from swollen feet, legs, fingers, and hands to hypertension and even seizures or strokes.
- Apart from the risks of having gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, it might affect the child later on. Your baby may have a higher danger of obesity as it develops, both in the teenage years and youth. Youngsters who are overweight may suffer from type 2 Diabetes in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.