Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Johri
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anju JohriYour feedback matters!
Hi My partner having white thik discharge like curd n its swollen n itching all day. So is it STD or something else.
I am a 30 year old female n trying to conceive from last 2 months. It's been 3 years of our marriage. We have been using condoms till now. Can you please tell me that using condoms make it difficult to conceive later on when trying to conceive. We are having sex during the fertile period. Please assist that how long does it generally take to get pregnant. Thanks.
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion.
What is Low Sex Drive?
Low sex drive, medically known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD), is a condition where you may notice a drop in the urge to have sex or engage in any sort of sexual activity. It is something that everyone may go through at some point in their life. However, if this prolongs, you may be suffering from HSSD and you need treatment for the same. According to statistics, about 15 percent of men and 30 percent of women go through this at some point of time but never pay much heed to it.
What Causes Low Sex Drive?
The factors that contribute to low sex drive may differ in men and women.
Causes In Men
- Erectile dysfunction
- Alcohol and or smoking
- Low levels of testosterone
- Drugs dealing with depression, blood pressure, etc.
- Stress and anxiety related disorders
- Lost spark in marriage
Causes In Women
- Birth-control pills
- Drugs, smoking, alcohol
- Drugs for depression, blood pressure and pain
- Stress and anxiety
- Traumatic incidents in childhood, such as child abuse
Symptoms of Low Libido
Low sex drive happens over a period of time. If it happens over a few days, then it is nothing of great concern. However, if the symptoms persist over a span of few weeks then you may consider treatment. If you notice the following symptoms, then it may be low sex drive:
- Sex has become less frequent
- Your partner points out your disinterest in sexual activities
- You feel too lazy to initiate sex
- If you have stopped enjoying sex altogether
- Sex is less dynamic and more mechanical
- There is change in your pattern of desiring sex
- Aversion to sex
- No arousal even after sufficient stimulation
How To Treat it with Homeopathy?
Homeopathy helps to treat the underlying disease which may be responsible for low sex drive. There are number of cases in which low sex drive may be present without any other disease in the background. Homeopathy offers promising results in improving low sex drive. It helps in following ways:
- Treating the underlying cause
- Treatment of Erectile dysfunction
- Reducing stress and improving your stress coping system
- Replacing your antidepressant and anti-anxiety medicines, whenever possible
- Enhancing your moods and stimulating your sex drive
Homeopathy is strongly recommended in the cases of Low sex drive or Loss of Libido. The homeopathy drugs that can be prescribed to you for boosting your libido are:
- Lycopodium clavatum
- Argentum nitricum or silver nitrate
- Turnera diffusa or Damiana
I am 25 years old and married my weight is 68 kgs which got increased rapidly in just 2 years from 60. I have pcod also but I get regular periods. We are planning for children also and I take medications for pregnancy like ova care susten200 ecosprin aldactone and bigomet. So kindly suggest me how to reduce weight atlest a 10-15 kgs.
Aging is a natural process that affects every aspect of wellbeing as one gets older. Be it physical health, mental health, emotional health or sexual health, aging has an impact on it all. The desire for passion and intimacy is one that does NOT recede with age and it is best to adapt to the changes that the body goes through for a more fulfilling experience.
Aging affects the sexual health of men and women in different ways. Furthermore, it has varying effects on men and women.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in women?
The onset of menopause is a major factor that has several key consequences on the sexual health of a woman. It causes alterations in the functioning of the genital and reproductive organs. Once a woman hits the menopausal stage, the vagina tends to get shorter and thinner, with stiff and narrow walls. Vaginal lubrication also decreases. These changes are known to have an impact on the ability of a woman to derive pleasure from sex.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in men?
The most common sexual problem that affects older men is erectile dysfunction. Also known as impotence, this leads to the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. Premature ejaculation is an added issue. The causes for male sexual problems that occur due to aging range from diabetes and obesity to conditions of the heart and vascular system.
What are the main causes of change in sexual health with age?
Following are a few examples of factors that affect sexual performance and health with increasing age:
- Decreasing hormone levels
- Chronic joint or muscular pain
- Development of illnesses or medical conditions
- Side effects of medication
- After effects of surgery
For many people, interest in sexual activity does not decrease with age. Getting older should not come in the way of enjoying sex. Having a deep and thorough understanding of the bodies of yourself and your partner as you both age and mature will play an important role in helping the two of you derive pleasure from sex and intimacy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I'm suffering from irregular periods from last 3 months. During periods my back and stomach is aching, sometimes nausea and dizziness too. I am suffering with white discharge until the day before I get period. I consulted gynecologist for my problem, but she said its all because of acidity and my haemoglobin level is low. N she checked my lower abdomen everything was fine. I have slight thyroid problem too. This month I did not get period and my breast is paining from 1 week. Is low levels of blood may also leads to delay of menstrual cycle. Please suggest me a good solution.
Although no one can entirely avoid catching a virus, a sincere effort to prevent the onset of a viral infection should definitely be made. True, that vaccinations really help curb the onset of flu and other viral infections, but a healthy diet and lifestyle are as essential. A nutritious and balanced diet along with regular exercises, will ensure that the immune system of the body remains strong, thus protecting you from viral fever and cold. If you are quite susceptible to cold and the flu, it is a cause for concern as it indicates poor immune system functioning. In this case, ensure that you bring certain changes to your diet and maintain good hygiene.
Here are a few tips which will help you stay away from viruses and infections-
- Make sure you take in plenty of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known to offer great protection against viral infections such as cold and the flu and the best source of it is the sun. This is why cases of flu are more common during the winter months, when the days are short.
- Wash hands: Make it a point to wash your hands before every meal and after every visit to the toilet. Ensure that children do the same and consciously inculcate this habit in them. Most viral infections are spread through touch; while one can definitely not stop contact with other human beings and things, viral infection can be greatly avoided by maintaining this hygienic habit.
- Eat warm meals: Viruses can live under normal temperatures, but die due to high temperature. Thus, ensure that you eat warm meals to prevent the onset of viral infections.
- Try not to share personal utilities: Sharing personal belongings such as razors, toothbrushes and towels is another easy way of catching a virus. Avoid doing so especially when you are aware that viral infection is pretty rampant.
- Make sure you get your vaccinations at the right time: Today, flu vaccinations can be taken either yearly or in the span of 6 months. Make sure that you have taken yours on time to prevent the onset of any viral infection.
Viral infections are easy to catch, and will definitely affect your daily activities for a short period of time. It is thus, essential that you take the necessary precautions to prevent such infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.