Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dr.Anjali Sood
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Anjali SoodYour feedback matters!
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
I am a pcod patient. Since last 3 years I have taken krimson 35. March 2016, my course complete. This month may 2016 my periods 3 days delay and white discharge. I had sex 7 months ago. Any chance of pregnancy?
Hello. We had protects sex after 10 days of the periods. Nd moreover the mape organ was outside. It dint go inside as well. But now she approx late by 8 days den d expected date. So are any chances of pregnancy. Of yes den what can be done to avoid dat.
What is the feasible time to get pregnant after periods kindly suggest we trying from last three months.
I have itching rashes and burning in my vagina I took so many medicine cream hygiene wash etc but all vain I met gynac and dermatologist both since 3 months it's only temporary relief what to do to get complete relief.
I am 5 weeks pregnant. Can I travel in office bus for 1 and half hrs one way.(3 hrs per day)? Will this cause adverse effects?
1. Type 2 diabetes
Olive oil diet is rich in monounsaturated fats which helps protect against type 2 diabetes.
Olive oil can make it easier to control or lose weight due to its high nutrient value.
3. Heart health
Helps slow down heart aging process, antioxidants may offer protection against red blood cells damage.
4. Blood pressure
Taking olive oil on a daily basis can
Help reduce hypertension.
5. Keeps bones healthy
Helps prevent the loss of calcium related to developing osteoporosis during later years.
6. Relieving earache
Olive oil is known as being a natural remedy for earache and for dealing with ear wax.
My wife has been gaining weight after her second delivery, so how can I control her weight by taking systematic diet. Would you please suggest me.
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.