Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Amita SaxenaYour feedback matters!
My partner's lmp is 16/03/2015. On 28/04/2015 evening she faced some bleeding and it repeated on 30/04/2015 with pain in lower abdomen. On 1st may 2015 (6weeks 1day) I got an usg and it found a well defined g sac and fhr 109 bmp. For last few days she lost all her pregnancy symptoms. She takes 1 tablet of folic acid and 100mg progesterone capsule (2 per day). Some time I feel pain in lower abdomain and a constant backache in lower portion of her spinal cord. Please suggest me. I don't understand how my baby is. A minimal hemorrhage of upper pole of g sac was also noticed in the usg hcg level as on 06/05/2015 is 1, 68, 076 please suggest.
Hormonal changes loneliness and personal loss are among the factors that make women more vulnerable to depression than men.
Depression in mother could affect her relationship with the baby and leave a negative impact on the child's mental health
I have active motility 10% normal morphology 60% and count as 2million. I have undergone medication 4 months back. I am still trying for a baby. But unable to succeed so far. Could you please tell me what should I do.
Hello mam my age is 22 and muhje kuch time pahle fungus infection mere private part or thies par hua hai or jab se me us ke liye novale soap or terbicip cream use akr rhi hu tab se muhje bahut jayda safed pani ki problam ho rahi hai. Muhje kiya karna chahiye.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
What precaution should be taken when first time monthly periods start, what medication like calcium, iron or else should taken please suggest.
I missed my period it supposed to came on 4 april but still it not came and today is 6 in morning I use pregnancy test it came negative so is there any chance of pregnancy and my period is very regular last few month and cycle is 31 and these day I used to do fasting for 8 days.
Did you know that camphor is very effective in keeping your home devoid of bad odor? Camphor or kapoor, as it is commonly called, can be found in every Hindu household. It is primarily used for purposes like pooja and aarti and for warming the house. It is considered to be a holy substance, the flames of which drive away negative energies and evil forces. However, camphor is beneficial in several other ways as well. It can be used as a natural home freshener which serves certain purposes.
Benefits of Camphor
- Camphor helps in killing germs. It is also an excellent way to purify the air in the surroundings of your home. Burning camphor or kapoor regularly is an effective way to eliminate germs from your household.
- It keeps your home odour free
- Artificial room fresheners, which are commonly used, contain a harmful chemical known as phthalates. This chemical may lead to the development of several health complications in children and pregnant woman. Instead of using such artificial room fresheners, you should use camphor as an alternative. It is very effective in eliminating odor. You need to burn the camphor in a lamp, ideally in the center of a room. Place it in a location from where the fragrance can reach all the parts of the room.
- It acts as an effective insecticide. Camphor contains properties, which act as an efficient natural insecticide. You can apply camphor to get rid of insects such as ants, bed bugs and mosquitoes. Here are the ways you can follow:
- In case of ants, you need to dissolve a small amount of camphor in water. Sprinkle it over the area where you see ants, and they will go away instantly.
- For eliminating bed bugs, you should wash your bed covers and bed sheets and mattresses in the sun. Put a chunk of camphor, put it in a piece of muslin cloth and keep it between the mattresses. This will drive all bed bugs away.
- Camphor is very useful in eliminating or getting rid of mosquitoes in your house. Camphor is made from the extract of a certain tree. Compared with other natural mosquito repellents, camphor has the most powerful mosquito repellent activity and capability. You need to light the camphor in your room and shut all doors and windows. Leave the room in this condition for around fifteen minutes and you will get a completely mosquito-free environment.
Other than being a natural freshener, camphor is also beneficial for the treatment of several skin problems such as rashes and irritation. It helps in treating pregnancy cramps and helps in the treatment of acne scars as well. Instead of using chemical camphor, it is always recommended to use Bhimseni Camphor (Kapoor). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi doc, i'm 25 years old. Two years marriage life till we do not have baby. For my husband we did semen no problem for him. My side pcos biggest problem. I did two follicular study. Four months medication with ubiphene and brelet alternative months for ovulation. And duphaston, biopreg,glymet sr 5oo (from last month. I hav regular cycle, no thyroid or diabetic pblms. After I took the medications while mensuration I had severe abdominal pain, irregular menses. What should be my next for pregnancy?
Bread is a very versatile food variant and finds its place on most breakfast platters. Be it white, brown or whole grain, mass produced quality or home-baked artisan kind, bread is almost indispensable in modern Indian household. There has been incessant debate over which carries the most health benefits and nutritional value, read on to explore…
Why brown or whole wheat bread is good for you?
1. Whole wheat grain
Flour is prepared from wheat berries made out of the bran, the germ and the endosperm they in combination are filled with nutrients. Whole grain or wheat bread intake decreases LDL, or the bad cholesterol, it also helps you retain a healthy body weight due to low carbohydrate content and has a lower glycaemic index that keeps your blood sugar steady.
2. Smooth bowel movements
The fibrous quality provides you relief from irritable bowel syndrome. The bran and germ improves your bowel by increasing the bulk of stools, making it easier to pass through the intestines. If you are prescribed laxative medications all you need to do is have enough brown or wheat bread.
3. Nutrients and vitamins
Breads labelled whole grain contain a large amount of nutrients. One of the most important features of brown bread is that it contains most of B vitamins -including riboflavin, thiamine and niacin -- that helps your body acquire energy from food. Whole wheat breads are also rich in vitamins E, K, pantothenic acid and folate.
Tip – With only a slight difference in taste and texture, wheat bread adds as a great accompaniment with any dish. You can even double it up as a healthy sandwich by adding fresh veggies and cottage cheese, with only minimal preparation.
Why white bread is bad for you?
1. Low fibre content
White bread is low in fibre, an essential in lowering your levels of bad cholesterol and checks the smooth functioning of your gastrointestinal tract. An average slice of white bread consists only 0.5 grams of fibre with the whole wheat bread providing up to 2 grams of fibre.
2. Refined grains
The whole grain is stripped of all its bran and germ for it to be refined where it loses all elements that hold fibre, magnesium, zinc, vitamins and minerals. White bread is made from these refined grains. Even though bread-makers attempt to add some vitamins back in, fibrous whole grains prove to be the clear winner.
3. High glycemic index
This index measures how rapidly food affects your blood sugar and insulin levels compared to pure glucose. White bread has a high glycaemic index due to which it gets rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. A diet comprising of high-glycaemic foods increases your chances of weight gain, type-2 diabetes and heart problems.
Replace the white bread with the equally tasty, wheat-made variant to score high on the fitness meter!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife has a lump in her left breast and she also did USG guided FNAC as per homoeopathy doctor. The report reveals that she is having a tumor. So what you people suggest? Shall I go for operation or it can be vanished with any medicine. Please reply.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.
I see many time of my girlfriends vaginas photo but I can't decide she is virgin or not answer please suggest me what is the difference between virgin vaginas or non-virgin vaginas.
Is contraceptive pills having any side effects? When to take the birth control pills? Do we need to take daily?
Dear Doctor, I'm 3 months one week pregnant and I have constipation. If I put little pressure also I will get little bleeding. Please help.
Hello doctor I am 35 weeks pregnant and my back is paining I want support to sit. I can not stand more than 15 minutes .i want my baby normal and my stomach looks quite bigger .i m tensed reports are normal my ultrasound was ohkk. Now my last exam is left. I am tensed if I will not do work in home than my body will not be flexible for normal delivery suggest me some tips for normal delivery. It is bad pain why it happens .i can not sit without pillow. Well I used to do normal work washing clothes and walking but due to back pain I feel very uncomfortable pls s.
* आपका लगातार वजन बढ़ रहा है तो सावधान हो जाइए।
* आप भी इस समस्या से जूझ रहे हैं तो हम आपको बताने जा रहे हैं कुछ ऐसे छोटे-छोटे नुस्खे, जिन्हें अपनाकर आप बिना ज्यादा मेहनत किए वजन को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं:--
* पुदीने की ताजी हरी पत्तियों की चटनी बनाकर चपाती के साथ खाएं। पुदीने वाली चाय पीने से भी वजन नियंत्रण में रहता है।
* आधा चम्मच सौंफ को एक कप खौलते पानी में डाल दें। 10 मिनट तक इसे ढककर रखें। ठंडा होने पर इस पानी को पिएं। ऐसा तीन माह तक लगातार करने से वजन कम होने लगता है।
* पपीता नियमित रूप से खाएं। यह हर सीजन में मिल जाता है। लंबे समय तक पपीता के सेवन से कमर की अतिरिक्त चर्बी कम होती है।
* दही खाने से शरीर की फालतू चर्बी घट जाती है। छाछ का भी सेवन दिन में दो-तीन बार करें।
* छोटी पीपल का बारीक चूर्ण पीसकर उसे कपड़े से छान लें। यह चूर्ण तीन ग्राम रोजाना सुबह के समय छाछ के साथ लेने से बाहर निकला हुआ पेट अंदर हो जाता है।
* ज्यादा कार्बोहाइड्रेट वाली वस्तुओं से परहेज करें। शक्कर, आलू और चावल में अधिक कार्बोहाइड्रेट होता है। ये चर्बी बढ़ाते हैं।
* केवल गेहूं के आटे की रोटी की बजाय गेहूं, सोयाबीन और चने के मिश्रित आटे की रोटी ज्यादा फायदेमंद है।
* सब्जियों और फलों में कैलोरी कम होती है, इसलिए इनका सेवन अधिक मात्रा में करें। केला और चीकू न खाएं। इनसे मोटापा बढ़ता है।
* मोटापा कम नहीं हो रहा हो तो खाने में कटी हुई हरी मिर्च या काली मिर्च को शामिल करके बढ़ते वजन पर काबू पाया जा सकता है। एक रिसर्च में पाया गया कि वजन कम करने का सबसे बेहतरीन तरीका मिर्च खाना है। मिर्च में पाए जाने वाले तत्व कैप्साइसिन से भूख कम होती है। इससे ऊर्जा की खपत भी बढ़ जाती है, जिससे वजन कंट्रोल में रहता है।
* खाने के साथ टमाटर और प्याज का सलाद काली मिर्च व नमक डालकर खाएं। इनसे शरीर को विटामिन सी, विटामिन ए, विटामिन के, आयरन, पोटैशियम, लाइकोपीन और ल्यूटिन मिलेेगा। इन्हें खाने के बाद खाने से पेट जल्दी भर जाएगा और वजन नियंत्रित हो जाएगा।
* रोज सुबह-सुबह एक गिलास ठंडे पानी में दो चम्मच शहद मिलाकर पिएं। इस घोल को पीने से शरीर से वसा की मात्रा कम होती है।
* गुग्गुल गोंद को दिन मे दो बार पानी में घोलकर या हल्का गुनगुना कर सेवन करने से #वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है।
* हरड़ और बहेड़ा का चूर्ण बना लें। एक चम्मच चूर्ण 50 ग्राम परवल के जूस (1 गिलास) के साथ मिलाकर रोज लें, वजन तेजी से कम होने लगेगा।
* करेले की सब्जी खाने से भी वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है। सहजन के नियमित सेवन से भी वजन नियंत्रित रहता है।
* सौंठ, दालचीनी की छाल और काली मिर्च (3 -3 ग्राम) पीसकर चूर्ण बना लें। सुबह खाली पेट और रात सोने से पहले पानी से इस चूर्ण को लें, #मोटापा कम होने लगेगा।