Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Yesterday I had done sex with my bf without any precautions but during sex bleeding was started. Is this will be the chances of coming period or something else? Also tell me that weather their will be any chance of pregnancy or not and if yes may I take I pill to avoid pregnancy. Please suggest me.
I am having normal sex with my wife from past 1 year without protection still we are not able to have a baby nor she is pregnant.
Little vaginal bleeding during hard stool when I had a missed period for 3 days. What does it mean. It stopped just after stool it happened only once.Please tell.
Mam I want to know what are the test, which Confirms us that everything is alright to go for pregnancy.
Home Remedies For 3 Common Menstrual Problems -
Menstrual cycle is an important part in a woman?s life. Whether it is beginning of periods at puberty or menarche or its cessation at menopause- all of it are important phases for her.
Normally the menstrual cycle begins by the age of sixteen and continues till fifties, after which it ceases and menopause happens. Twenties and early thirties mark the most fertile period in a woman?s life. But sometimes certain problems occur in the periods. It causes discomfort, pain and hormonal imbalance in the body. Let us know the common menstrual problems and their home remedies:
A) Amenorrhea is a condition when there is an absence of menstrual cycle. It is of two types:
Primary Amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle either fails to begin at puberty by the age of sixteen years in girls.
Secondary amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle stops for six months or more in a woman who has been menstruating regularly before. It may be a temporary or a permanent condition. Pregnancy is an example of temporary secondary amenorrhea. It can also occur due the following reasons:
Use of birth control pills
Ovarian cysts or tumours
Rapid weight loss
Use of drugs
Permanent secondary amenorrhea occurs at menopause or if the woman gets hysterectomy done.
A pelvic exam is done to diagnose amenorrhea and to rule out pregnancy, congenital or ovarian anomalies.
Natural home remedies to treat Amenorrhea:
Have a glassful freshly squeezed beet root juice daily.
Boil half a teaspoon of saffron in a glass of water. Reduce it to a concentrate and take one third part thrice a day.
Drink a glassful of tomato juice thrice day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat amenorrhea.
Take 250 ml of water and add 6 grams flaxseeds to it. Boil it for ten minutes and add 10 grams clarified butter (or ghee) and 20 grams jaggery to it. Take it at bedtime.
Eat foods rich in Vitamin C like oranges, berries and grapes.
B) Dysmenorrhea is a condition of painful menstrual cycles. The discomfort begins prior to or during periods. It may diminish in intensity after 25 years of age or after delivery. It is of two types:
Primary Dysmenorrhea occurs due to hormonal imbalance that causes contraction of the uterus.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea happens due to any of the following reasons:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
IUD or intrauterine device
Fibroids in the uterus
Natural remedies to treat Dysmenorrhea:
Take half a teaspoon of crushed sesame seeds with warm water twice a day to ease the cramps.
Drink the decoction of ginger root tea to treat painful periods.
Drink chamomile tea twice a day to relieve menstrual cramps.
Boil 1-2 pods of garlic in water. Sip this water thrice a day.
Take 3 grams of organic Shatavari powder with warm milk sweetened with raw sugar daily to relive painful periods.
Fry a couple of pinches of asafoetida in clarified butter and take this thrice a day.
Eat foods rich in calcium like spinach, kale, broccoli etc, and also foods rich in antioxidants like cherries, tomatoes, strawberries etc.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of flaxseed powder in your soups, salads or curd daily to reduce hormonal imbalance that causes painful cramps.
Drink a mixture of two teaspoons of basil leaves? juice and hot water thrice a day.
Add ginger, parsley, fennel seeds, peppermint and cinnamon to your diet.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat dysmenorrhea.
Make black tea and add two tablespoon lemon juice, one teaspoon honey and half a teaspoon ginger juice to it. Drink it 2-3 times a day.
Drink lemon grass tea to relieve pain in periods.
Have milk with half a teaspoon of cinnamon at bedtime to ease off menstrual cramps.
C) Menorrhagia is the excessive loss of blood during the menstrual cycle. Too much blood loss may happen over more than seven day period, or in greater than 80 ml of blood loss or both. It may happen due to the following reasons:
Too much exertion due to stress or travel
Endometrium or excessive build up of the uterus lining
Genital tract cancer
Natural remedies to treat Menorrhagia:
Take 3 grams of licorice powder with water drained from rice for 4-5 days to stop excessive bleeding.
Take extract from the sacred fig tree and consume it to stop the excessive blood loss.
Tale 2 grams of mustard seed powder with goat?s milk 2-4 days prior to the start of your menstrual cycle. It will prevent excessive blood loss.
Drink a decoction of 20 grams coriander in 200 ml water till it reduces to one fourth of its volume.
Drink an infusion of 15 grams rough chaff boiled with 250 ml water to treat excessive menstruation.
Chew 2 tablets of Chandraprabha Vati every morning and evening to get the luster back that is lost due to excessive menstruation.
Take two teaspoons of organic Shatavaryadi rasayana with warm milk twice a day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat menorrhagia.
Try these natural remedies to treat the symptoms of menstrual disorders. Ayurvedic doctor would help you with the specific dosage suited to your body constitution and specific symptoms. Make your health the topmost priority!
Hello doctor my age is 35 and y wife age is 32 we both r you married in 2005 we have 2 child and they both are now are matured and problem is we have one room so we can not do sex in room, and my wife and me are not intimate or not done sex from 2 years cause of two child, so we both decided that we will do sex in bathrum and bathrum is not bigger so we can not sleep there so can we do sex vertically? And what standing sex harm full? Plzzz keep this secret and we want another child. so pregnancy possible by vertically give me advise plzz what should we do?
Did you know that camphor is very effective in keeping your home devoid of bad odor? Camphor or kapoor, as it is commonly called, can be found in every Hindu household. It is primarily used for purposes like pooja and aarti and for warming the house. It is considered to be a holy substance, the flames of which drive away negative energies and evil forces. However, camphor is beneficial in several other ways as well. It can be used as a natural home freshener which serves certain purposes.
Benefits of Camphor
- Camphor helps in killing germs. It is also an excellent way to purify the air in the surroundings of your home. Burning camphor or kapoor regularly is an effective way to eliminate germs from your household.
- It keeps your home odour free
- Artificial room fresheners, which are commonly used, contain a harmful chemical known as phthalates. This chemical may lead to the development of several health complications in children and pregnant woman. Instead of using such artificial room fresheners, you should use camphor as an alternative. It is very effective in eliminating odor. You need to burn the camphor in a lamp, ideally in the center of a room. Place it in a location from where the fragrance can reach all the parts of the room.
- It acts as an effective insecticide. Camphor contains properties, which act as an efficient natural insecticide. You can apply camphor to get rid of insects such as ants, bed bugs and mosquitoes. Here are the ways you can follow:
- In case of ants, you need to dissolve a small amount of camphor in water. Sprinkle it over the area where you see ants, and they will go away instantly.
- For eliminating bed bugs, you should wash your bed covers and bed sheets and mattresses in the sun. Put a chunk of camphor, put it in a piece of muslin cloth and keep it between the mattresses. This will drive all bed bugs away.
- Camphor is very useful in eliminating or getting rid of mosquitoes in your house. Camphor is made from the extract of a certain tree. Compared with other natural mosquito repellents, camphor has the most powerful mosquito repellent activity and capability. You need to light the camphor in your room and shut all doors and windows. Leave the room in this condition for around fifteen minutes and you will get a completely mosquito-free environment.
Other than being a natural freshener, camphor is also beneficial for the treatment of several skin problems such as rashes and irritation. It helps in treating pregnancy cramps and helps in the treatment of acne scars as well. Instead of using chemical camphor, it is always recommended to use Bhimseni Camphor (Kapoor). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having regular periods from starting onwards whn im 13 years old. Nw im 26 years still im hvng same prblm im unmarried. Im having pcod problem, thyroid level is 4.2 & haemoglobin is 14.2 consulting Dr. Sirisha fernandis hospital Hyd in month f jan 2015 she proscribed me yasmin pils for 6 months. Aftr dat too I nt get period normally. Again I visited to her she proscribed me continuously same pils fr my entire lif if you nt getting periods. I did fr 6: months more still the same problem then I stopped fr 1 month then I got periods but aftr thar same problem arisen again. I took period tab fr 5 dys dn I got my periods and the blood is only fr hardly 3 dys having not flow during night tme aftr dat frm past 2 months no periods so im started again taking same yasmin pils. So I hve to continue further same pills or suggest me sme good remedies or tablets or diet which helpful fr my continues periods and no problem getting pregnant aftr my marriage too. Hope Dr. Solves my problem.
Why white discharge happen in 21st day of mensural cycle. Is it the sign for next periods. But I wait for pregnancy. What can I do for pregnancy? Please advice me
I am 22 years old. I was married I have irregular periods. I went hospital. This problem three months clear again it started. I have doubt is it pregnancy?
How to get periods immediately as it is delayed 5 days from previous date? Earlier it was normal but this time it is delayed 5-6days. Is it normal or not?
Married for five months. Due to my husband's nature of work we could meet only on Saturday night and sunday. Trying to conceive. How to get pregnant as soon as possible.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query.