Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi my periods delayed eleven days when I have done pregnancy test that strip shows negative result on consultation with doctor she prescribed regestrone 5 mg tablet morning afternoon and evening for one week. What should I do please reply to my query.
I wanted to ask that I have Lipoma on my forehand, back and tighs. I have already consulted doc and he suggested that nothing serious. Can you please confirm the same?
I am experiencing Bleeding during periods time and thereafter and am afraid to move around freely. I am 49 years of age and for the last two years under homeopathic Doctor's treatment. Allopathic gynae cologist advises for removal of Uterus two years ago, but homeopathic doctor advised not to remove and promised cure by homeopathic medicines. Since two years no relief. I am diabetic and suffer from hypertension and taking medicines for the last 4 years. Please advise.
How can I make my stitches faster dissolve? I have 5 stitches at my vaginal area after baby delivery? And its pained alot What I can do?
Hi Im 25 years old female. Facing with period missing problem almost 3 months over negative pregnancy test. Consulted with doctor gave some 6 tables for period but after using it week finished no periods occurs pls help me out. Im in so nerves tension what to do will it effect my future pregnancy I can't be present.
I am 22 years old I have already two years baby. My last periods is on 25.06.2016 till now I dint get my periods. I took pregnancy test so it is positive. I want to abort it pls suggest me tablet and the procedure its urgent please.
I am 29 yrs old and now a days I am 23weeks pregnant. I am suffering from thyroid problem since 2011. From last month I am suffering by itching in boDy specially in my boobs and there was a some stretchmarks are visible. itching is mostly more in night and also pain in my legs. Please help me to know that it is safe for my baby?
I am 22 yr old married from my left breast yellowish type fluid is coming after pressing it from last one month. What should I do!
Hai doc, my name is swathi, 3 months ago I had miscarriage but that don't affect my regular periods last two months it was normal but this month my periods got delayed and I only had bleeding on the 1st day of my chums and 6th & 7th day I had spotting? Is there any chances that I am pregnant? Is there even chances to get conceive during periods and does it effect baby? I mean abnormalities as such?
Hello Doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My Dr. Suggested me to do nifty test. What is this suggest and its benefit.
My periods often use to be on the same date every month. But this time it gor delayed for 2 days. I have severe uneasiness on the 1st day & my periods lasts for only one day this time usually earlier ot lasts for 2 days. I am tensed kindly help. I am unmarried age 28.
I am 20 years old. I hav been suffering from pain aftr passage of urine near the vagina (the outlet. Very severe pain which lasts for 15-20 min aftr urine passage. Let me know any medicine to prevent dis. As its been already a week.
HIV testing in pregnancy should be done early so as standard care can be taken for the pregnant women. The HIV testing must be repeated in the third trimester, usually before 36 weeks of gestation. This should be done in women with HIV seronegative and also in pregnant women who are at a high risk of developing HIV infection.
Expedited HIV tests should be performed at the time of delivery and labor and this is a must in women who have not been documented for HIV. The results of the test should be available within an hour of the test and the testing should be available 24 hours. In case the results are positive then, infant postnatal antiretroviral and intrapartum drug prophylaxis should be started immediately.
Women who have not been able to get tested for HIV at the time of labor and delivery are suggested expedited screening for HIV. Their screening can be done immediately postpartum or their babies should undergo screening. In case the infant and mother, both are positive, then infant antiretroviral drug prophylaxis should be started immediately. These mothers should avoid breastfeeding their babies, until the supplemental HIV tests are negative. In infants with positive HIV, prophylaxis should be discontinued and antiretroviral drug therapy should be started.
In case of acute HIV infection during pregnancy, that is in the intrapartum period, or during breastfeeding, initial testing can be performed with an antigen/antibody combination immunoassay. If the supplemental test is negative, then an additional test which is the virologic test (DNA, RNA) are necessary for the diagnosis of the HIV infection. If the mother is HIV positive, then this information must be documented in the infant's medical record and also communicated to the infant's care provider.
The knowledge of an antenatal maternal HIV infection allows the:
- Women with HIV infection to get the correct antiretroviral therapy along with prophylaxis for the infections, which might occur due to the immunocompromised state of the body. This also prevents and decreases the risk of transmission to their partners.
- When there is provision for antiretroviral therapy for the mother during pregnancy and labor along with antiretroviral drug prophylaxis for the baby there is less risk of perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV-infected women should be counseled for a cesarean delivery. The option of an elective cesarean reduces the perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV women should be counseled about the risk of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My date of periods is between 13 to 16 but I do not want periods to come this month as I am going out to various temples. So I do not want it. please suggest me the medicine to postpone it. Dosage, n will it effect on periods of next month?
Hi mam.. This is xx from thiruvallur. Past three years I have irregular periods.. I consult with doctors already. But same issue still now.
I have migraines from last Once a month. Up late, menstrual, food disturbances but before three months i took multivitamins for a month. what should i do ? please advice
2 Major causes of premature ejaculation and how to manage it
One of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men, Premature Ejaculation (PE) stands for the uncontrollable discharge of semen either prior to or immediately after sexual penetration. Usually ejaculation that occurs within 30 seconds to 2 minutes is considered premature.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
PE can occur due to several reasons. As you age, you learn to control your orgasm. But there are times when you may experience uncontrolled ejaculation of semen. This usually occurs with a new sexual partner or if you’ve had your last ejaculation a long time ago. Nonetheless, the causes of this sexual problem can be the following:
A. Psychological Causes
The factors that contribute to this problem include:
1. Your previous history of sexual intercourse can cause you to develop a pattern, which may prove to be difficult to change as you move on with your life. For example, situations where you’ve hastened the climax with your partner so as to hide the problem; or feelings of guilt that cause you to rush through your sexual intercourses can go on to give rise to PE.
2. Similarly, anxiety about your sexual performance or issues related to your sexual experience can also play a role in bringing about uncontrolled discharge of semen.
3. Interpersonal problems between you and your partner can be a psychological trigger behind the problem as well.
4. Last but not the least, the fear of the failure to maintain an erection, more specifically the fear of erectile dysfunction can cause you to hasten the climax with your partner, leading to PE.
B. Biological causes
A number of biological factors can cause the problem of premature ejaculation, ranging from abnormal hormone and brain chemicals’ levels, thyroid and prostate or urethra inflammation, to hereditary and abnormal reflex functions of the body’s ejaculatory system.
How to Manage PE
Apart from drug therapy, there are several ways through which you can effectively control your ejaculation and these are:
- Using condoms to reduce the sensitivity of your penis
- Having sexual intercourse with your partner on top can reduce your chances of experiencing premature ejaculation
- Indulging in longer foreplays can help delay your ejaculation
- Take deep breaths to delay stimulation and ejaculation
- Practice start-stop and squeeze techniques, which help in arousing your penis to the point of ejaculation but stopping before it occurs to delay semen discharge.