Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Talwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Divya TalwarYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. I got married an years back and my wife did not get period for a month and she thought after week will go to doctor she thinks that its pregnancy I felt so happy after 15 days we went for check up, doctor sad baby is not healthy even though doctor gave few medicines to use that , but doesn't worked out and started bleeding the blood with stomach pain. After a week again we went to check up, doctor sad it's better we clean it if not it will effect next pregnancy. I said okay for that she cleaned it. So my question is in next how many months she can get pregnancy confirm or do we need to go for physical relation again, do confirm on that.
Hi, I am Dr IPS Kochar, a pediatric endocrinologist. I’m going to talk about puberty, precautions puberty or early puberty.
Puberty is a time when the child is growing in height and weight along with some feature which comes when a child matures. Now there are conditions when a child starts getting early features. If a girl starts getting breast before the age of 8 or if a boy whose testicle volume increases more than 4 ml before 9 years of age, these children are getting into early puberty. A girl if she starts getting pubic and underarm hair before the age of 8 body odour or there are lots of behavioural changes or she suddenly shot up in height. This child may be having early puberty. So these are the symptoms concerned in a girl.
In boys the testicle volume increases more than 4 ml, increase in height velocity, 6 to 8 to 10 cms in 1 year, hair on the lips and the arm, an underarm or pubic area in less than 9 years of age, behavioural changes, mood swings, the appearance of acne. The child may be going through early puberty or precautious puberty. These things they must keep in mind because there will be a change in growth pattern. Initially, the child will grow more but later the growth will be stunted. The child will not grow up to his final height. If these points are there one should be very careful. if there is early puberty you can always go to the doctor, examine the child. So, if a girl is having breasts before the age of 8 one should definitely find out what is happening with the child and same in a boy if there is an increase in testicle volume or breaking of voice or hair anywhere in his body you should always consult a doctor. There are certain specific tests which are done where lS and FSH when they can only make a diagnosis.
In a girl, you can go for ultrasound and in a boy, you can go for MRI as to know why it is happening. These are certain things that you should keep in mind especially if the boy is having breaking of voice pubic hair armpit hair, appearance of acne one should definitely go and find out what is happening. So in a girl if there is budding of breast, pubic hair and mood swings you should definitely find out what’s happening. Girls are getting early menarche at 9 and a half years and the growth is less.
So if your child has any of these symptoms you should see a pediatric endroconologist. I’m available at lybrate.com or you can come to my clinic.
My wife is 50 years old. Her periods have stopped since the last 4 months. Is she in menopause. What are the chances of her conceiving if we have unprotected sex.
I am 23 year old male and my partner is 21 year old female. 20 days back we had sex for the first time in our lives. Though, I used protection still she went for those birth control pills. After some days she suffered from kidney swelling and was diagnosed well. We recently had sex again and she is insisting on those pills. Shall I allow her to take those again?
Sir mere abhi 7 month complete hua h and doctor is saying baby ulta h.so what should I do ki baby up position cheek ho jay.
I M 40+2 weeks pregnant. I want to induce labour please suggest natural thing for it. My Dr. suggest castor oil but its not working.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
11 Symptoms of Kidney Diseases
Kidney problems, although take a longer time to develop, they end up being silent killers. There are no obvious signs for months and the symptoms crop up when it's rather late.
Many younger people these days are getting diagnosed with kidney problems. This is primarily due to drinking alcohol, smoking, bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. About 60% people who have diabetes or hypertension develop kidney problems eventually.
Therefore, it is advised to be aware of what harms your kidneys and take adequate care to keep them healthy.
Watch out for any of these symptoms early on.
1. Urine Color - This is probably the first symptom and unfortunately affects many people around us. With the way our lifestyles are, this is becoming an increasing concern. Urine becomes dark and there is a need to urinate yet, one is unable to do so.
2. Urine Infection - Second would be when you feel pain or difficulty while urinating. The infections in the urinary tract induce their symptoms of pain or burning during urination. If this infection spreads to the kidneys, one can feel pain in the back.
3. Blood In Urine - If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
4. Water Retention - The function of the kidney is to take out the extra liquid and the waste from our body. When this process is not smooth, water will stay back and cause your face, limbs and/or ankle joints to swell.
5. Weakness - Severe exhaustion would mean minimized oxygen being delivered to the cells, causing weakness in general. This is also one of the symptoms that your kidney needs medical attention.
6. Temperature Variance - If your kidney is unwell, one of the symptoms is that you will feel the chill even when the temperature is actually warm.
7. Skin Breakout - Since an unfit kidney means waste in the body is piling up, it causes the skin to break out and cause severe irritation and rashes.
8. Rise of Blood Urea Level - When the kidney is unwell, it increases the level of urea in the blood. This causes breakdown of the urea into ammonia in the spit, causes it to smell foul, like urine/metal.
9. Nausea - Waste accumulating in the blood adds up to causing nausea and vomiting.
10. Breathlessness - One can also feel the lack of breath if the condition of the kidney worsens.
11. Discomfort or Pain - Some people have been known to have bodily pains, an instant discomfort that spreads from the lower back to the groin. This usually means that there is a stone in the kidney.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
I'm taking metformin 500 bd.... Bt these days I m experiencing continuos weakness n breathlessness n wholebody aches. Plz advise why this cud be so
Hi I am 5 months pregnant. From yesterday evening I am suffering from stomach ache. I had 4 to 5 motions in the evening. I went to dispensary and the nurse has given pain killer injection and iV injection. She said it is due to indigestion of food. She checked my stomach and it is soft not hard. And I can feel fetus kicking or I do not know what it is but I can feel some sensation. The pain again started in the morning and it is light not much severe. What is wrong with me. I am really worried about my baby. Please reply soon.
I and my gf had a sex on 22 jan his last period finish on 22 or 23, dec there is any chance to got pregnant. Reply fast.
Sir/madam we are newly married couple and want a child my wife had noperiods more than ten days she had a pregnancy test but test is negative what is problem behind that.
It is no hidden fact that miscarriages hurt you deeply. The trauma that comes with it is unbearable, but you will have to get through it. Don’t blame yourself for the situation, you may not know it but miscarriages are quite common. Doctors have said that one out of four pregnancies ends up in a miscarriage. If you have experienced more than two consecutive miscarriages then you are suffering from a recurrent miscarriage. If you are going through recurrent miscarriages then there are some medical conditions to blame.
Is miscarriage the end?
A recurrent miscarriage may sometimes complicate things a little, but don’t think that it is the end. As the medical research has progressed, there are several ways for you to get pregnant or have a child. There is in vitro fertilization or IVF which is one of the best ways to cope with a miscarriage. Even if you are having some problem with your fallopian tube IVF can solve your problems and fertilization will be done in the lab and the embryo will be implanted.
How to cope with the emotional stress?
Miscarriages are hard in itself, and you need to deal with the post-miscarriage situation with the utmost maturity to keep your psychological and physical state under complete care. Emotionally good health will go a long way and let you think clearly about your options. If the stress and sadness of the miscarriage have brought you down, then seek the counseling of psychiatrist. Don’t feel ashamed to share your feeling and never suppress them. Talk about them and if needed join a support group that will help you to get through the tough situation.
Remember one thing that if you are emotionally aggrieved and suppress your feelings then that will take a toll on your relationship with your partner. With IVF becoming so developed, there is no need to lament about miscarriage.
How can I improve my fertility?
You may be suffering from recurrent miscarriages, but you should not lose your hope. Keep on trying and you may succeed. You never know. Visit the specialists and let them know your medical history. With special care, IVF can solve all your problems.
But only IVF would never work. Opt for a healthy lifestyle by doing exercises, eating healthy foods, quit smoking, and reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake. You should take a multivitamin rich in folic acid every day. You should also restrict your exposure to environmental chemicals and toxins. It is advisable that you leave behind any kind of heavy lifting, strenuous physical exercises, and any dangerous contact sports. Try not to take stress by taking up yoga or tai chi. And most importantly, try to maintain a healthy sexual relationship with your partner and contact your doctor to know when can you get pregnant again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.