Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Divya SharmaYour feedback matters!
Problem with sleeping while totally exhausted. Wanna sleep but couldn't because of body pain. Please suggest some sleeping remedies.
Hello doctor. I am a student . I have to walk about 3 km daily. Sometime I get foot pain and sometimes in right hip. What should I do please suggest me. And I am getting tanned, my skin is becoming black. And my college is in rural area (like in village. Thank you.
I am 19 year old I have night falls problem in last 6 months I didn't use any medicine after night fall evry morning I have pain in my whole body what should I do?
Its been 1 month and 20 days since delivery but my wife faces the problem that she attains sudden high fever with sever pain in all bones and body and feels shivering cold. This happens almost after a week or 3-4 days. Doctors are not diagnosing any thing. Please doctors need serious help.
I have suffering from fever and having pain in my whole body and also having red eyes over one week what should I do.
My father having leg pain due to inflammation of bone near toe.On consultancy it is due to excess of uric acid presence in body.Please consult the remedy as due to this father finding difficulty in walking also unable to wear footwear due to swelling because of enlagment of bone at foot.Please also guide can it be operated .
I am 55 years old. Feeling very tired having back pain, overall body pain, high acidity. Please guide me. Tks.
My mother is 45 years old and she is suffering from fever , headache and severe body pains since five days.
I'm not sleeping daily because of full of headaches and full body pains and what to do to avoid pimples and what to do to glow my face like glory.
Sir mere body mai bahut pain rehta hai Ayears mujhe bahut thakan hoti hai aur mujhe chalne mai bi bahut problem hoti hai
When is your pain chronic?
Your pain is chronic if it last for more than a period of six months. Chronic pain is a long-term pain whose nature can vary from mild to excruciating, and it may trouble you either continuously or at short and regular intervals. Chronic pain is so dangerous that it does not only cause discomfort and inconvenience but also robs you entirely of your capacity to work for a long time.
Chronic pain can occur in a number of organs of the human body like head, joints, back, shoulders, neck etc. In fact, pain in any part of your body can turn into chronic pain. Here are a few symptoms that can help you identify if what you are going through is, in fact, chronic pain:
- persistent and severe body pain
- burning sensation accompanied by the body pain
- fatigue and sleeplessness
- weak immune system
- stiff and sore joints
The 4 types of chronic pain disorders that you should be aware of are:
1. Nociceptive pain
The pain that affects the soft tissues of the body such as the skin and the muscles or the organs that have sensory nerves present in them is called nociceptive pain. The sensory nerves, known as nociceptors can detect the stimuli of pain and send information to the brain and the spinal cord for interpretation. The pain could be either somatic (originating in the outer body) or visceral (originating in the internal organs).
2. Neuropathic pain
This pain is caused when the nerves stop functioning normally. It is caused due to nerve disturbances that result in pain stimuli being spontaneously transmitted to the brain and spinal cord. If you are suffering from this type of chronic pain disorder, you will feel a sharp, shooting and stabbing pain. Neuropathic pain can also be caused due to the formation of neuroma (abnormal growth of the nerve tissue).
3. Psychogenic pain
The pain that is caused by psychological disorders like depression and anxiety is known as psychogenic pain. Sometimes this pain can be accompanied by physical complications like fatigue, body pain and muscle weakness.
4. Idiopathic pain
The pain that exists even though there is no physical or psychological cause for it is known as idiopathic pain. This pain is more common in people who have suffered from a pre-existing painful disorder. Some common examples of idiopathic pain are fibromyalgia (intense pain all over the body) and tmj disorders (pain in the jaw area).
Hi friends, my name is Dr Umesh Deshmukh. I’m a consultant in anaesthesia and pain management. Today I’ll be speaking on chronic pain because this topic is very close to my heart. I also suffered from chronic pain.
Chronic pain is a condition shared by many of us including myself. It can be caused by joint disease, arthritis, migraine, fibromyalgia, bad back and cervical spondylitis, excessive weight gain. The important thing to note is that chronic pain whatever the cause, hangs on for weeks or months or even years and decades together. It wrecks your life and lifestyle, it changes you from inside. So as it is said that God helps only those who help themselves. So there are certain things that we must do to alleviate the pain apart from what a doctor can give to us.
- First is walking. Walking is one of the best things we can do to alleviate pain. You must start slowly with slow increments in your walking time every day.
- Acupuncture is one of the modalities of pain therapy that has been neglected over a long period of time. But acupuncture is very effective in chronic pain and it if possible consult a good acupuncturist to treat your chronic pain because acupuncture increases the natural pain killing hormones known as endorphins in your body.
- Other important thing is to get your mind off from whatever work etc. you do. You must take periodic breaks from your works. You could do something to distract yourself like reading a book or probably singing a song. Having a conversation with your friend something like that you can do, it takes your mind off from pain and distraction is the most important thing to treat chronic pain.
- Other important aspect is a change in diet and managing your weight. You must reduce your excess weight by performing certain diet changes in which the dietician can advise you what to do.
As far as treatment is concerned to consult a pain expert. There are pain specialists available in metros and big cities and big hospitals. Nowadays, there is even available on a part time basis. You can also consult them through Lybrate.
Some of these pain specialists like me, are also experts in interventions of various kinds especially in dealing with pain back or spine problems and joint problems. These interventions may constitute simple injections for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. The pain controlling device in plantations in your spinal cord and also doing surgeries like spine surgeries joint replacements etc. These certain things can be treated by pain specialists and some of them can be treated only by surgeons but the pain specialists can advise you when to go in for a surgery.
So friends, if there is any way that I can help you as a pain specialist. I am available on Lybrate. You can text me or you can send an email to me or you can call me in person so I can devise a plan to help with your pain.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.