Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Divya SharmaYour feedback matters!
Balance disorders are a combination of physiological factors that can make you feel unsteady or dizzy. While sitting, standing or lying down, you may feel as if you are floating, moving, or spinning and you may feel dizzy and dazed for the time being. This disorder can intervene in your daily activities of life, and can even lead to falls and accidents, which may cause you to end up with fractures and other types of injuries.
What causes balance disorder?
A combination and coordination of many body systems such as muscles, bones, vision, the balancing organ within the ear, heart and nerves help maintain normal balance. Dysfunction of these systems can lead you to encounter balance problems. Balance disorders can be caused by many types of conditions.
Some of the causes of the disorder are:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This occurs due to dislodged or displaced calcium crystals in the inner ear, which help you maintain balance. It is the most commonly found cause of vertigo. A spinning sensation while turning in bed is a common sign.
- Migraines: Migraines are a general cause of dizziness. Sensitivity to motion can also be caused by migraines. It can also lead to motion sickness, which is dizziness experienced when traveling in boats, cars or airplanes.
- Head injury: A severe concussion can also cause vertigo.
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome: Commonly known as zoster otitis, this condition affects the nerves close to the ears. It can be attributed to hearing loss, vertigo and pain in the ear.
- Vestibular problems and nerve damage: Damaged nerves in the legs can cause difficulty in movement and locomotion. Abnormalities and dysfunctions in the inner ear can lead to a sensation of dizziness and a heavy head.
How do you know if you have balance disorder?
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this condition include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychological disorientation
- Fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
Heyy, Actually I face some discomfort in my vagina and white water is also there .Evn when I do sex then I feel it's more. But now it's 4 th day after sex now today I also feel that there is some discomfort under vagina and little bit white water is also there . But another thing is that I have stone in kidney so is it interrelated?
1. Eat Frequent and Small Meals
Overeating has to be avoided to keep the metabolism in a high calorie burning state. Taking frequent and small meals, like five to six small meals throughout the day would be ideal.
Reports suggest that breastfeeding helps in burning upto 500 calories a day, which would aid in losing those pregnancy pounds.
3. Drink lots of water.
Hydration is helpful for weight loss, helping digestion and suppressing appetite. Normally skin coils back quickly, when it is pressed. If it does not happen, it may be sign of dehydration. Target at least for eight-ten glasses a day depending on weather.
Sugary or deep fried foods are to be avoided. Keep washed and cut fruit and veggies on hand for easy picking. Try frozen grapes or apples with peanut better for a satisfying alternative. Store your cupboard/refrigerator with high-fiber an low fat snack and dump the chips and ice-cream. The likelihood of eating unhealthy food increases if it is stored and easily accessible.
5. Eat lean protein
fatty meats may be replaced with leaner options like chicken and fish. In case of meats. Red meats are better than white meats. Fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which is helpful in many ways. Vegetarian options like soya chunks and skimmed mild are also good source of low fat proteins.
6. Think Ahead
With a baby at home it is sometimes hard to get time for cooking. Instead of bringing in outside food frequently, spend a few hours on sunday preparing food for the week if a maid is not available. Then divide it into individual servings and freez them. Help may be taken from family and friends to help you come back to action.
7. Get moving
A physiotherapist may help about easy exercise. Whenever it's time to get moving, take small steps to get started- try a walk around the neighborhood or look for local classes like post-partum yoga or aerobics, or even small walks with baby in a stroller. Try to bet 30 minutes of exercise, at least three time a week.
8. Load up on fiber
fiber not only makes you feel full, it also clears the bowels. Eat lots of soluble fiber foods such a oatmeal, fresh fruits and vegetables would be ideal.
I am newly married and we have decided to delay pregnancy. I want to know if we delay it then is their any chances of any complicates which we suffer in future?
I had a vaginal baby delivery 9 days back, this is my second baby and I still have vaginal bleeding. It’s to be stopped by 10 days but does’t look like. What should I do?
She got diagnosed for bells palsy 2days ago. Doctors have told her that it will be fine within a week. Movements seem to be deteriorating. Please suggest me the best treatment for it. And how long does it take to gain complete recovery.
I am suffering from pain in stomach for more than 10 days. My periods are not started than I test my urine and result is positive. So, now what I will do? please suggest.
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.