Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Divya AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years I am suffering with Psoriasis last 10 years , recently started piles , snoring , knee pains , neck pains . I am working in marketing filed and my weight 94 kilos. I request you please suggest treatment for my problems .
Doctor I have pain in my right knee please I have faced this problem many time when I do any quick activities than always its happened please suggest me medicine.
Doctor whenever I sit down while standup from my both knees and legs bones broken sound wil com like tattat pain is not there only it gives sound please suggest me what is the solution for this I need treatment.
Hi sir, my wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, taking treatments, do we expect the end of the treatment for this disease .please help
Knee replacement surgery can make a dramatic difference for those with severely painful knee joints. More than 90 percent of individuals who have total knee replacements report significant pain relief, improved mobility and better quality of life.
In the past, patients between 60 and 75 years of age were considered to be the best candidates for total knee replacement, but improvements in artificial knee technology and surgical techniques have made knee replacement an option for both elder patients as well as younger patients.
In a traditional total knee replacement, the damaged areas of the femur, tibia and kneecap are removed and replaced with prostheses. Patients whose joint damage is limited to one area of the joint may be candidates for partial or unicompartmental replacement.
My mother has severe pain in knees, elbows and back of neck.in hindi she says she has gathiyabai. From past 9 years. She said us gas rotating in her body she feels lot of pain. She has no relief from medicines. Tried allopathy ayurvedic homeopathic and now she is fadeup and loosing hope please suggest some good for her.
Hi Doctors, my mother is 59 years old she is having knee pain in both legs from past 8 years her weight is 104 kg, as per the recent digital knee scan in both legs their are gaps in knee joints .she hardly walk due to pain. She get a little relief from daily tablets .orthopedician have suggested to go for knee transplantation we have got information from many friends and relative as well as some doc about the knee surgery materials. Knee implants made of a metallic alloy, cobalt chrome, or of stainless steel wear out in about 15 years, while the new oxinium implants last twice as long is that .a well know orthopediciansuggested johnson.
Hi, I am having joint pain in knees. Doctor says it is osteoarthritis. Is it curable? What should be my lifestyle, dietary . Etc.
I am 22 years old. I'm living in third floor and I'm suffering from knee pains. For some days I suffer from knee pains and I get relief from those knee pains for some days automatically. Most of our elders in our family are suffering from knee pains mainly men. What may be the reason for it?
Recently I have this slight pain in my right knee. It pains little only when climbing stairs or getting up from chair. I can do sit ups with very little efforts.
My husband is 56 years old, from few weeks his right knee is paining. He can't climb a step please help me.
Now a days I am getting severe headache if I sit in front of computer. I am getting sleep late night and feeling insomnia.
I am 30 years old I have pain in my knees since last 2months I have tried many medicine but not getting any relief please suggest me a good medicine.
I run 3.5kms daily as I am improving my stamina, But A pain is caused in my left knee and I think it's some kind of ligament at left side back of my left knee. The pain increase with the kilometres I run it's been 20days I've stopped running and I think pain is gone but wherever I start running after 1.5 kms pain occurs and I have to stop cause if I had not stopped next day that pain would be terrible. And Specially this pain occurs when I decent stairs climbing is not much problem. Please help me it has frustrated me. I have tried Ice, Hot water bathing, Diclofenac Tablets none of them works fine. I want to know which muscle group is affected and How to get rid of it? Thank You.
Mujhe 25 din pehle fever hua tha. Fever to 4 days me theek ho gaya tha lakin mere ek right leg ke knee me pain tha. 2 week ke baad pain ab dono legs ke knee me aur joints me pain ho gaya hai. Pain increase ho raha hai. Iske alava legs patle (week) bhi ho rahe hain. Samajh nahi aa raha ki kya karu. Kya problem ho Sakti hai? Paracetamol se koi aaram nahi hai. Jald se jald koi solution bataye.
I am a sixty years old male.I am severe pain in both the knees .face problem while sitting and standing.Xray shows nothing abnormal.I had acetabulam surgery 15 years back.Recently been diagnosed with diabetes melitus and on Glenpride and metformin. recent check on bone density was on a lower side.
There are many situations under which people may go through joint or muscle damage. There are other portions that may also go through the side effects of such damage. During the damage, a knee ligament might be overstretched (sprained), or at times even torn. A ligament tear can be incomplete (only a portion of the filaments that make up the tendon are torn) or complete (the tendon is torn totally). Knee tendon wounds can bring about pain, swelling, wounding and lessen the movement of your knee. Your knee joint may feel unsteady and you may walk with a limp.
There are four tendons in the knee that could get damage:
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two noteworthy tendons in the knee. It connects the thighbone and the shinbone in the knee.
- The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the second significant tendon in the knee also connecting the thighbone to the shinbone in the knee.
- The lateral collateral ligament (LCL) connects the thighbone to the fibula, the littler bone of the lower leg on the parallel or external side of the knee.
- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) additionally connects the thighbone to the shinbone on the medial or inside of the knee.
Side effects can include the following:
- A popping sound or feeling at the time of the injury can in some cases be heard if a ligament is entirely torn.
- Swelling of your knee. When a tendon is harmed, there might be some bleeding inside your knee joint from the harmed tendon. This can lead to knee swelling. The level of swelling will rely upon the seriousness of the damage. Minor ligament sprains may bring about a little amount of swelling, though totally torn ligaments may cause more damage.
- Pain in your knee. Once again, the level of pain depends upon the seriousness of the knee damage.
- Your knee might ache even on touching it.
- Chondromalacia patella is a condition in which the cartilage under the knee cap becomes softer.
- A feeling that your knee is might not be stable or even if you would be able to stand on it. This may make you limp. This too depends upon how serious the damage to the tendon is.
- Wounds around your knee can occur at times. It might take some time to heal.
Treatments that can help elevate the pain are as follows:
- Rest the knee
- Ice your knee to get rid of pain and swelling
- Apply compression on your knee
- Raise your knee on a pad when you are sitting or resting
- Wear a knee brace to balance the knee
- Take painkillers as recommended by your specialist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.