Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Divij MehtaYour feedback matters!
Last week I had whole abdominal Ultrasound but I consumed tea and few biscuits an hour before .does it effects my ultrasound report because reports came Normal. I did ultrasound to confirm whether m pregnant or not .after I had sex four months ago m having periods every month but they are short and light .I beta hcg and urine test both are negative. Yesterday I had urine again .it shows negative again but my stomach is increasing it's now 30 inches. Whereas I was flat and slim Earlier.
I am 31 years old, this is my 1st child. I am 23 week, 4 days pregnant. I am feeling very less baby movement around 1 week. I am on diabetic diet and my weight is 39 kgs. I am suffering from gastritis since 2002. So is it ok to feel less baby movement now a days(around 1 or 2 kicks per day)?
Hi sir . I have acidity problem since several days I am suffering a lot I have consult a doctor n take medicines. Am suffering from all this things ie. Heart burning, burning sensation abdomen, palpitation, chest pain is rotating around n back side also not constantly one place n not regularly oftenly showing this all n I was scared n I have taken ECG report n shown to the doctor report was very good. doctor given to medicine rabeprazole&domperidone n megaldrate&symthicone syrup n I was used one month n again repeated my problem Am psychologically suffered a lot pls help me.
I am 36 yes old man, suffering from gas n constipation, what happens to me is one side of my head pains hard then I vomit two three times I feel weakness, though I taken medical treatment still no relief, now I am taking petsafa.
Liver normal in size and course echotexture. No facial lesion. IHBR NORMAL OPINION: fatty liver early grade 2 no free fluid. What should i do?
Hi doctor my brother is there he is suffering from bloating every 20 mins he bloated wat he want to do for this thing.
I am 27 years old male and I am suffering from frequently stomach pain. After belch I feel comfortable. Also I have problem of acidity, So what should I do? Please suggest.
Hi. Dr. I have problem in my digestive system. When I take some food or water or any drink. All are not digest. After some time I feel like vomiting. Plz.
I gained almost 25 kg weight in last two years. Have a desk job of 9 hours and didn't get enough time for physical exercise. Currently I am facing issues like heart burn gas and acid. Please suggest me some ideas how to loose weight and have a balanced lifestyle.
I am 36 year old male. I lost my father a month ago and undergoing some kind of depression. I really don't want to call it depression but somehow I am feeling very low at times. I also have this gastric problem due to which I get some pain in the chest and also burning in food pipe. Can you help me with solution to both the problems?
Heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest area caused by stomach acid backing up into the food pipe – the esophagus. Often, people experience heartburn after consuming some specific food or drinking a particular beverage. Many times Heartburn is mistaken for serious heart trouble and may push panic button in individuals, but it is still a cause for concern and disturbance.
You can get rid of this irritable problem with this simple yet effective home remedy.
Take a spoon-full of plain yellow mustard seeds and swallow it after soaking in 100 ml of water for a few hours. Mustard contains vinegar, which neutralizes the acid in the stomach, due to which the pH of the stomach is lowered. It also prevents the stomach from producing any more acid. This action helps to relieve heartburn completely. However, incase mustard does not suit you, carefully note its effects to continue usage.
Another bonus Tip: Having 15-20 grains of raw rice right in the morning reduces acidity, ruling out the very cause of heartburn.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 19 years old suffering from anal fissure from about 15 days. It pains mainly during and after I excrete. Sir help me out.
My digestive system is not well. Whenever I take foods I feel like I will vomiting anytime. My stool is fine. Please suggest.
I have severe pain in my left side of stomach / kidney which start from back and goes to the uterus and having pain in penis and feel Jalan during peeing. What should I do and why this is happening. Someone say it is stone and someone say it is dry diaria. Gas is also seems to be in stomach. Please suggest me.
What should we eat at night usually to avoid any gas issues . What kind of food is preferable please also suggest in a week how many times we can consume non veg.
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.
Gallstone removal surgery is mainly of two types i.e. keyhole surgery and open surgery. In the case of the former, the patient is not required to stay in the hospital after the surgery, but in the case of the latter, the patient cannot be immediately discharged. Even though after the surgery the amount of bile that is necessary is made by the liver, still patients sometimes feel difficulty in digesting foods with fatty acids. But there are some steps which you can undertake that will give you relief from the complications that arise after the surgery.
- A proper diet: A proper diet is very necessary for the fast recovery of your gall bladder. So, introduce different food groups gradually. To start with you can have liquid foods like broth or gelatin and then progress to solid foods. You should avoid fatty foods and fried foods as much as you can. Maintain a low-fat diet. Hence, the food items which you must discard from your list includes pizzas, creamy soups, burgers, chocolate, spicy foods, meat gravies and oily foods. And probably after a month, you can start eating the high fiber foods like nuts, legumes, whole-grain bread, broccoli, cabbage and others which would help prevent constipation.
- Do some mild exercise: Exercise is essential in improving body condition in any circumstance, and gallstone removal surgery is no exception. Heavy exercise that will place stress on your wounds is not recommended. You can go for a walk or indulge in such mild workouts. Any physical activity that causes discomfort should be stopped immediately.
- Increase your fluid intake: Don’t let your body be dehydrated. Drink water from time to time. Dehydration will slow down the recovery process and also result in fatigue. Drink fruit juices too as they will not help in restoring the nutrients in your body but also prevent dehydration.
- Take care of your incision area: Taking care of the cuts is very important otherwise they might get infected. So take care of your incisions and change the bandage regularly. Wash the area carefully, and you can apply any antiseptic too but only with the advice of the doctor. You must avoid swimming pool or warm water or bathtub till the incision is completely healed.
- Take pain medications if it becomes unbearable: If you experience too much after the surgery, then you can ask your doctor to prescribe some pain medications that will help you with the pain. However, don’t panic as the pain is completely normal in the initial days and you may even feel pain in other portions of the body like your shoulders as well.
With these points in mind, you will be able to recover very fast and resume your normal day-to day activities in no time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.