Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divij Mehta
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Divij MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years old female. I had acidity on Monday which was accompanied by severe headache and vomiting. This happens often but was very severe this time. I was given 2 injection to relive both the problems. But after that day, I am having a constant sick feeling like heavy ness in head, pull in neck area, abdomen and back. I am also feeling a lack of energy even after taken full rest. Please suggest what can I do?
My uncle suffering from peptic ulcer so please suggest me what should I do for my uncle, i am in Very confusion please suggest me.
I have fatty liver from last 2 years. Doctors said that reason for fatty lever is oily diet and alcohol. I used both ayurvedic and elopathic medicines. But no changes are in lever. Kindly tell me the powerful medicine. Also please tell me the effect of fatty lever in details.
If I eat iddly or dosai (prepared using rice powder and orid dal paste after fermentation) in the morning, I feel discomfort in my stomach only after my lunch and I will be forced to go to toilet. Kindly enlighten me the reason for the same with proper remedy.
Gastric issue with heavy burping Indigestion and skin itching with rash formation in skin. Both are my issue since last 7 years. Pls help by giving best solution.
I have abdominal pain for more than 3 month Ultrasound report says prominent bowel loops What it means please help me.
2. Decrease concentrated sweets in your diet, such as juices, candy and soda, to help decrease amounts of water pulled into your intestine, which may contribute to watery stools.
3. Decrease alcohol consumption. Try incorporating more omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. These fats may have an anti-inflammatory effect. They are found in fish, including salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines.
4. Patients often find that smaller, more frequent meals are better tolerated. This eating pattern can help increase the amount of nutrition you receive in a day. Consider taking nutritional supplements if appetite is poor and solid foods are not tolerated well (see section on recommended liquid supplements).
The human body with its multiple organs is a highly complicated structure and one or more organs often malfunction for various reasons. However, for some, no reasons are identified for this problem. One such is irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is commonly referred to.
It is a common disorder affecting the large intestine leading to alternate bouts of diarrhea and constipation, abdominal cramps and a feeling of fullness. It is common in people younger than 45 years of age, affects women more than men, and though the exact reason is not known, the following are attributed.
- Signal issues between the brain and intestines: For various or even unknown reasons, the brain may not be able to send the right signal to the stomach to process food, making the stomach to be hyperactive and have an increased sense of pain or sensitivity or discomfort. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals responsible for sending signals to various organs also could be involved.
- Hormonal connection: Menstrual periods tend to aggravate symptoms of IBS, while postmenopausal women are largely free of IBS symptoms.
- Genetics: People with a family history of IBS are more likely to develop IBS too.
- Aggravating foods: Foods rich in carbohydrates, spicy foods, fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol aggravate IBS symptoms. Ability to absorb sugar could be a cause too.
- Infections: Some people with IBS have certain bacteria identified in their gut which produces excessive gas and this could lead to altered bowel movements.
- GI Motility Issues: Alterations in the way the food passes through the stomach can lead to either constipation (slow movement) or diarrhea (quicker movement). There could also be spasms and contractions after eating, especially if the stress levels are high.
- Psychological issues: Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and posttraumatic stress disorder are common in IBS patients. It is possible that they are not able to express their psychological stress, it manifests as physical symptoms. Stress increases symptoms of IBS and vice versa.
- Manage stress: Meditation, yoga, support groups, medication and even hypnosis in severely stressed people helps control stress, providing great relief in IBS symptoms.
- Lifestyle changes: Reduce alcohol and smoking
- Dietary changes: Avoid aggravating foods, increase the amount of fiber if you have diarrhea and space out meals to avoid intestinal overload
- Herbal remedies: Probiotics, peppermint oil and a variety of herbal medicines are available.
- Symptomatic medications: Based on presenting symptoms, different medications including antibiotics for infections and motility drugs can be used. Anti anxiety and antidepressants are also prescribed to manage the psychological issues.
In terms of causes, symptoms, or treatment, IBS requires a very individualized approach and your doctor is the right person to discuss this with and decide. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!