Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divendu Bhushan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Divendu BhushanYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, previous 2 years I am using ,hand up means hand job or hp and also I am suffering from diabetes also, is there any effect of me, my penis small, I am unmarried.
I am diabetic since last 15 years. Since last four months, its above 275. I am taking gluformin g2 once in morning.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder characterized by Hyperglycemia (elevated blood glucose level) due to either reduced production of insulin or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin produced. Today management of diabetes has become a prime concern. Over the winter months, diabetic patients are likely to suffer from higher blood glucose levels than during the warmer months. As the temperature drops and the sugar levels up, thus, diabetic patients should be extra careful about the temperature fluctuations or seasonal changes.The cold weather makes diabetics experience many health problems, besides creating a major change in their sugar levels.
Following are the most harmful effects that diabetic patients may suffer from during the cold weather
- Change in hemoglobin level: There is a great change in their glycated hemoglobin levels. Whatever the type of diabetes an individual has, the freezing temperature can increase the level of HbA1c or glycated hemoglobin. This is most likely because of decreased physical activity. Cold weather makes it difficult for some people to go out. A little activity each day can help with insulin sensitivity (in all types of diabetes) which can help the body to regulate sugar level in a better way.
- Prone to diseases: Since the immune system is also not at its best strength in winters, there are increased incidences of microbial infections like cold and flu or in some cases pneumonia. As a result, the body produces counterregulatory hormones (Cortisol, Adrenaline, and Glucagon) to counteract the situation. These hormones affect the utilization of insulin by the body thereby elevating the blood glucose level. Also, conditions like flu and cold tend to make them feel lethargic and stress and can prevent them from taking the diet, which is required, which eventually can lead to an increase in the blood sugar level.
- Winter blues: It is often seen that people feel low during winters, as they tend to go out less and prefer to stay indoors. Less outdoor activity during winters can sometimes trigger mood swings or in some cases depression, which in turn can shoot up the level of blood sugar in their body. Thus it is advisable that one should spend more time with friends and family, in order to keep these blues at bay.
- Other problems: Most diabetic people are unaware of their nerve functions, and are unable to feel the difference between the cold and hot water, which can lead to burn injury. Also, during the winter season, most diabetic patients tend to lose feeling in their toes and feet due to vascular changes. Therefore, it is advisable that people should check their feet frequently, so as to ensure that there is no open wound or pressure area in their feet. One must take very good care of their feet, keep them moisturized, inner fingers clean and dry, prevent any type of fungal growth in toes, etc. By taking required preventive measures before the onset of winters diabetic patients can control their blood sugar level, which enables them to stay away from associated problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infertility is defined as a condition where a woman is unable to conceive a child despite having 1-2 years of unprotected sexual intercourse with a male partner but help for conception can be sought after 6 months of trying pregnancy. In over half the cases, infertility is usually with the male partner which is characterised by a low sperm count. Infertility causes social anxiety as well as relationship problems among couples and can severely affect the self-esteem of the person.
Male infertility tends to have certain tell tale signs some cases or no apparent reasons in other cases. In some cases, male infertility occurs due to underlying medical conditions like genetic problems, widened veins around the testicle or hormonal imbalances and some of the symptoms could be like:
- Recurrent problems during sexual intercourse due to severe pain in the testicular zone.
- You might lose your ability to smell due multiple instances of infections of the respiratory system.
- There might be a reduction in the body hair.
- Abnormal sperm count.
- Lack of sexual desire
Some of the common causes of male infertility could be:
- Past injury or surgery of the testicles.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Testicular deformation along with low sperm count.
- Blockage of the ejaculatory
In other cases, the reasons could be:
- Old age
- Mental anxiety
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Diabetes or as a
- Side effect of radiation therapy
- Prescribed medications to treat other existing ailments within the body
Diagnosis and Treatment
The infertility of the male partner is usually diagnosed by your specialist by evaluating the medical condition and past histories of surgical procedures, sexual practices etc. Infertility can also be diagnosed by analysing the semen.
The treatments for male infertility are varied and depend on the severity and the exact cause of the condition. Male infertility can be treated by hormonal replacement therapies and procedures, counselling or medication (for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and procedures to retrieve sperm which is then used for artificial insemination.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is detected with hypothyroidism, hypocalcaemia & mild anaemia. Please give medical advice for appropriate treatment. Thanks.
I am 33 year old male. My T3, T4 are normal but TSH is 8.02. So suggest me what I should do about medical treatment also what should be my food. Kindly suggest me.
I am 37 year old, my weight is 100 kg. How to lose weight without exercise, what should I do. BP- OK Sugar- OK (Non diabetic)
Many factors can affect blood pressure, including:
1) The amount of water and salt you have in your body
2) The condition of your kidneys, nervous system, or blood vessels
3) Your hormone levels
You are more likely to be told your blood pressure is too high as you get older. This is because your blood vessels become stiffer as you age. When that happens, your blood pressure goes up. High blood pressure increases your chance of having a stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney disease, or early death.
I read your query, by the information i have in hand my advice to you would be
1) Keep a BP daily record for at least one week
2) Basic tests should be one to rule out cardiac issues
3) unless any recent evaluation has been done I would advice these test
Hormones are responsible for regulating the functions of the body, growth and metabolism. There are a variety of hormones that the endocrine glands secrete, and one of them is insulin. Insulin is responsible for regulating the blood sugar levels in the body. If it’s not produced enough or the body’s capability to absorb it weakens then it can lead to diabetes.
Insulin is also related to metabolism and the storing of fat, insulin breaks down the glucose in the blood to provide energy for the proper functioning of the body. Thus, insulin is an important component in the construction of the body but its dysfunction can cause a series of problems for the body, some very permanent ones like diabetes. Thus, it’s important to know exactly how it functions and not pay heed to the myths surrounding it and base your opinions on hard facts. Here are some common myths regarding insulin, and the facts that you need to know:
- It’s the final step in the treatment: Insulin is not the final step in the treatment, it is made to be so because of the myths surrounding its use. It is actually a wrong conception that people harbour thereby delaying the use of insulin and causing more damage. Controlling the blood sugar level need to begin as soon as possible otherwise, there can be complications since blood sugar, in more than the prescribed amount, is highly toxic to the body. It can lead to heart attacks or even strokes.
- You will gain weight due to insulin: This is partially true but it is not due to insulin use, in fact, it is the because insulin is working for you, your blood sugar levels start to normalize and you gain a bit of transient weight. Abnormal weight loss is usually a sign that you might have diabetes.
- Taking insulin is a sign of defeat: This is the biggest myth that exists and the reason why the treatment with insulin is started late or is delayed. You can take the best care of your body and follow through with all the regimens prescribed to you by your doctor and yet require insulin shots. It depends solely on how damaged the pancreas is and unable to produce the required amount of insulin. The need for medication varies and should not be seen as a sign of defeat.
- Insulin injections are painful: This is absolutely false and a scare tactic that has been employed as an additional negative trait of insulin use. Insulin needles are fine and thin and they are injected into the layer of fat underlining the skin where there are no pain receptors so it is improbable that insulin injections are painful. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!