Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Rustogi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh RustogiYour feedback matters!
What is baby bottle tooth caries?
Baby bottle tooth decay is caused by the frequent and long-term exposure of a child's teeth to liquids containing sugars. Among these liquids are milk, formula, fruit juice, sodas and other sweetened drinks.
The condition is associated with breastfed and bottle fed infants who have prolonged feeding habits or with children whose pacifiers are frequently dipped in honey, sugar or syrup. The sweet fluids left in the mouth while the infant is sleeping increase the chances of cavities.
Why should I be worried about baby bottle tooth decay?
Giving an infant a sugary drink at nap or nighttime is harmful because, during sleep, the flow of saliva decreases, allowing the sugary liquids to linger on the child's teeth for an extended period of time. If left untreated, decay can result, which can cause pain and infection. Severely decayed teeth may need to be extracted. If teeth are infected or lost too early due to baby bottle tooth decay, your child may develop poor eating habits, speech problems, crooked teeth and damaged adult teeth.
How can I prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
1. Never allow a child to fall asleep with a bottle containing milk, formula, juice or other sweetened liquids.
2. Clean and massage the baby's gums to help establish healthy teeth with a moistened gauze square or washcloth.
3. Brushing should begin upon eruption of the first baby tooth. When brushing a child's teeth, use a soft toothbrush and water.
4. Parents should first bring their child to the dentist when the child is between 6 and 12 months old for a checkup.
5. Decrease consumption of sugar, especially between meals.
6. Children should be weaned from the bottle as soon as they can drink from a cup, usually by their first birthday.
Got a girl child 3 year old with 2 problems mainly, one is pinworms, not going after taking Albendazole. She keeps complaining of anal itching. Second problem is her coughing every other month she has this cough. Vaccinations are complete. Cough does not go without medicine and sometimes nebulizer. Doctors prescribes nebulizers with corticosteroids in them. Is there any medicine that you can prescribe for both pinworms and coughing to try? Thanks.
My 2 year old child has early tooth caries, what should I do? Can I go for a treatment? please help me.
Hello, My child is 4 months old. Since he was almost one month old. His problem of cold and cough continues. I give him steam and nebulise him the saline solution. Almost every week. But he is still having that buzz buzz sound when he breathes. Dnt know if it could be problematic to have cold and cough continued for so long. I have been giving him oil massage everyday. But too worried. please help me what to do Thanks
I've 1.5 year baby boy, can I add dettol liquid into water for taking bath! To keep away from germs!
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.