Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Rakheja
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh RakhejaYour feedback matters!
Men really love to enjoy their equipment, and for most that means masturbating on a regular basis, even if they are in a sexual relationship with a partner. After all, regular masturbation is an important part of good penis care. And besides that, it feels delightful!
But there are quite a few websites out there that suggest masturbation might actually be harmful, especially if a man does it too often. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Let's explore what it means to have a healthy masturbating schedule versus masturbating way too much.
What indicates too much masturbating?
There is really no ideal number for the times a man should masturbate in a day or in a week. However, there are some signs that indicate a guy is enjoying the pleasure a little too much. These usually happen when there are adverse consequences to what he's doing.
1) Penis injuries. A man who masturbates too much can actually wind up damaging his penis. This is especially true when a man ignores lube and uses the 'death grip' to pleasure himself. A guy can wind up with a sore penis, redness or other irritations that make it uncomfortable to touch his equipment. He might also eventually wind up with a severe curvature of the penis from a buildup of scar tissue; this can happen when a man persists in obsessive masturbation for a long period of time.
2) Problems in relationships. If a man finds himself at the receiving end of an emotional tirade from a partner who feels neglected in bed, pay attention - this could be a sign that taking matters into his own hands has become a problem. While masturbation even in the midst of a good sexual relationship is perfectly normal and healthy, if a man is masturbating so often that he doesn't want to have sex with his partner, that's a huge red flag that things have gone too far.
3) Constant distraction. A man who is constantly thinking about the next time he will masturbate, to the point of neglecting his responsibilities or daydreaming about how he will do it next, can mean there's an issue that needs to be addressed. Though this kind of attitude can be normal when a man is first exploring his body and learning about it, anyone who has been sexually active for a few years should be able to keep thoughts about masturbation on a more appropriate level.
4) Problems in other areas of life. A guy who misses work to masturbate, avoids going out with friends or chooses to opt out of sexual encounters in order to enjoy his own hand might be facing serious problems. When masturbating begins to adversely affect a man's social and work life, it's time to get professional help.
5) No more ejaculation. A guy who masturbates too much can tap the bottom of the well, so to speak - leaving him with nothing more to give. A guy who constantly has 'dry' releases and worries because he can't produce any ejaculate is someone who might be masturbating too much.
If a guy is worried about masturbating too much, it's important that he tries to gradually cut back. If he finds that he can't do this on his own, professional help is available. In the meantime, he can help eliminate some of the soreness and pain from overhandling with the use of a specially formulated penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E to soothe the skin, as well as L-carnitine to help protect the peripheral nerves that might suffer from excessive masturbation.