Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am working woman. I have a 3-month old son. I will be starting work in a week. Until now, I am exclusively breastfeeding my child but will need to introduce formula feed when I start going to work. Please suggest the best formula for my baby.
My daughter she 2 years 6 month she fell ill due to indigestion. And started to vomit and doc gave few medicines after that she started to pass loose tools. It's almost 1 week now she not eating her food. Her tummy to bolted and when I fed her she brings it out. She only take smashed food. Still doesn't like to chew her food. But other things she knows to chew but the quantity what I give it's like giving to a bird. Please tell.
I have a 8 years old daughter. She is a old case of atopic dermatitis. However between age 2-6 she had no problems. Now her IgE level is 1600. Her condition worsens when she catches cold, eats nuts, chips and chocolates. She responds only to topical steroids namely mometasone furoate. Which medicine can help reduce her IgE levels?
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?
My 10month old son's head is always warm, l will say its hot 40-45degrees. Why is it so, is it normal or I shud take him for treatment?
My son (2.5 + Y) seems to get frightened looking at the windows specially during evening or night. We stay in the 3rd floor of a residential complex, which is surrounded by quite a few trees outside. He sometimes gets so scared that he moves from our bedroom to my parents bedroom. This has become quite frequent specially past 2-weeks & even presence of me & my wife could not convince him. Any tips how to get rid of his fear? We have bright lights in the room & no scary item inside as well.
My son age is 1 year and 4 month old he is suffering loose motion from last 45 day so many doctor check up my son and recommanded several medicine like zenflox oz orindazole but it' s doesn' t work I really depressed what to do please help me
My cousin baby is 6 old months, cough for like 2 weeks now, we have consult a specialist doctor but still the same. We have applied the cough syrup grinlintus, ascoril. Whenever the baby cough she hard to take a breath again. So what medicine we have to go for the baby. Please help me.
I am a grandma. Why does doctors advise hot water bath and refuse to give drinking water to new born babies?
My son is 5.5 years old. His weight is 20 kg. He complaints of pains in legs very often. It happens maximum time in midnight. He does not play much as he has afternoon shift for school. Please let me know what can be the reason & remedy for it thanks.
My sister is 27 years old. 3 days before she became mother. My question is which foods are good for her to produce breast milk? Which foods should be avoided by a breast-feeding mother?
My daughter 51/2 years old she is suffering from itching nose watering in eyes since 1/2 years now the blood is coming from nose some time when she squeeze loudly she suffer when she sleep and woke up start fatigue in face watering in eyes etc ee show to Dr. and ent also relief wen continue medicine then again it start finally we test blood Iunoglobilin e (ige) result is 127.5 is this normal which treatment is for my Dr. should I show to children specialist or Ent pls help now from 15 day she is not passing motion daily Once in 3 or4 day please help.
Hi I am 30 F from South India. For the past few years I am in depression and over stressed. I am not able to concentrate in office. I am very sensitive person. I always be true to everyone. But I feel people are not the same to me. After my son was born I lost everything. My husband has not got any job. I am taking care of the family for past few years. I feel I am a suffering to my parents too, I am second pregnant now. I am in total tension thinking of my financial crisis. People at office also do not help me at all. The thing is I cannot concentrate in office now. I lost interest in everything. Sometimes I feel to die, Please help me.
My grandson is two years old yet he is not speaking. We are doing speech therapy, can we consult a children phycotist?
My daughter has allergic problem in out side food she get rashes on hand and legs she feel like doing scratches suggests me some medicine.
I am looking for the cost of recommended vaccination after the age of 5 years of a child. I am looking for injection cost for MMR2, Varicella 2 etc.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??
My grand daghter age one and half year old suffering from formation of stone in her stool and trouble in passing out stool.
What a mother should expect about baby's hair growth.?
Every baby is special in his own way. Some are bald beauties and some have heaps of hair. Hair density mostly depends upon the genetic makeup of the baby. In the initial six months of life, babies hair tend to fall. Some may become totally bald and may not show any growth for some time.This is completely normal. Most babies show new hair growth between 9 months to 12 months of life. Almost all babies have growth till their second birthday. The colour and texture of the hair may vary from that present at birth. Curly hair can be replaced by straight hair. And thick dense hair can be replaced by thinner and sparse hair.
How to wash my baby's hair?
With newborn babies, In the early days the best way to wipe their hair is with a sponge. Support your baby's shoulders and head, which again should be tilted slightly, and gently pat the wet and warm sponge over the hair until it is sufficiently clean.
After 4-5 weeks in young babies use a small amount of baby shampoo on your baby's hair. Softly rub in a circular motion, and then use a plastic cup or your hand to rinse off the shampoo.
Always be gentle whenever you message a tearless baby shampoo into your baby's scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can force hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
How often should I wash my baby's hair?
You should never wash your baby's hair everyday. Particularly with the newborns, there's just no requirement. Once, twice or on need basis baby's hairs can be washed. Instead of washing it every day, gently wipe it with a sponge daily to remove any dirt and fresh your baby up.
Which shampoo should I use?
Always use tearless nourishing natural ingredients shampoos. During first month try to avoid shampoo. Tearless shampoo can even hurt, avoid spillage in eyes. Adult shampoos should be avoided as it contains chemicals that can be toxic to the baby.
Will shaving head improve my babies hair growth?
Shaving your baby's head does not improve the hair growth. The hair just looks healthier with the dried, scraggly ends removed
Has your child been coughing frequently? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.