Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh Chand GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello. I want to ask that my breast milk is not sufficient for my 1 month baby. So which formula milk is good for 1 month baby?
My baby is 4 months old, she is suffering from pechish (loose motion) please suggest me right medicine.
My baby is of 4 months and he has 8-9mm malaligned VSD. What are the chances of curing it without surgery. please give me suggestion.
My baby is 3 weeks old and he makes a lot of grunting noises like he is straining. He is not constipated. Is this behaviour normal or do I need to consult my pediatrician?
Hi, My baby boy is 9th months old I gave him homemade foods like dal (arhar, moong, masoor), rice, mixed vegetables, fruits but my baby's weight is 8.5 kg. How he can gain weight? also I breastfeed him on demand my concern is does he need other milk also? because he refuses to drink any kind of formula. I tried different brands but he refuses every time only take small quantity 30 to 60 ml only. Please suggest.
Sir, my daughter is just 4.5yrs old. She often complaints for stomach ache for which I have got her duly examined. She occasionally gets urine infection reported. We have consulted the doctors regarding the repetition of the infection after every 6-7 months. The doctor prescribes the medicine and she gets well but the infection comes again, the repetition at such a tender age is a matter of great worry. Kindly help and suggest. I shall be highly obliged. Thanking you.
My daughter is 6 years old now but her weight is 13 kgs only. From her 1 years to till now weight is constant. She is healthy no medical illness. How will she gain weight and is there any reason behind it?
My son is suffering from typhoid. Its been 17 days he suffers a fever of 102 - 104 three times a day. Have consulted the doctors but didn't find any cure for my son. Is there any medicine available in the market so that it could stop the daily suffering of my son? My son is 3 years old.
My 20 months baby is due for vaccination. Can anyone please tell me if pentaxim (painless) is still available with any Paediatric doctor in Pune?
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
I am 21 years old. I have 6 months baby. I give breast milk. Minimum and maximum How many years I have to give breast milk? Please tell me.
After a common cold I had black mucus in my lungs, common cold was gone but the mucus remained it has been 5 months but I am still suffering from mucus I don't cough up but I have to hack the mucus out now my colour of mucus is light brown sometimes it chokes my throat Sir please help me.
Dads and moms should share in the responsibility in caring for their newborn baby.
Importance of Dad Care
Caring for their baby gives dad's a chance to bond with their baby and also provides rest, help and support to the mom who might be in great stress. It is important to be there for your wife and be an active participant in caring for your family. Care for your young one and take turns changing the diaper, watching the baby or feeding.
What dads can do?
Dads can get involved in the different activities like changing soiled diapers, massage and bathing or sponging, get his/her dressed, feeding the baby if on formula feeds, burping the baby etc. Rocking the baby to sleep and singing songs and lullabies gives you a different experience. Don't shy away from responsibilities. It is best that you be there rather than ignore your need.
Skin to skin contact (Kangaroo care)
Babies respond to touch. Kangaroo care is very helpful especially in premature babies. It helps in growth of baby. It helps in bonding of baby with father. Hold your baby tight against your skin. Let the hearts connect. It is a beautiful experience to hold God's creation in your hand. This is the best way to connect to your little one and make him feel special. The best thing about this activity is that more than the baby it makes you feel happy and complete.
Practice makes a man perfect!
The only way to learn how to care for a bay is by getting involved and get going. Don't hesitate. You may feel shy initially but once you start involving in your baby care, the experience of nursing a baby makes you more confident.
Share your experience in your group at home or office, you may find more practical ways for caring your baby. Be open to suggestions and try and incorporate the good ones.
It has been found that babies who are 'well fathered' tend to be more secure and confident in exploring the world around them. Be a father that is around to observe and nurture your kid, remember it's the childhood that one cherishes the most.
Hi My son is 2 months and 10 days old. We are using Dexolac formula milk due to lack of low supply breast milk. He is passing stool in green color and he is struggling hard while passing the stool. Can i switch to another formula milk. What is nan pro 1 with probiotics? can i use this to my baby
Hello, My daughter is 2.5 year and she has lot of hair on shoulder, arms, thighs, legs and back. The hair color is black so it's very much visible. I have tried besan massage, milk n bread and all home treatments but did not help. I am very much worried as she is loves to wear short and sleeveless clothes and as being female she will face problem when she grows up. Please help if I can do something in her early stage. Awaiting for early reply.
Hai doctor I have 3 months baby but I have low milk supply for that I am taking daily two times oats with cinnamon to increase milk feeding, is there any side effect to take this oats with cinnamon?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.