Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
My age 52. Three teeth already fell down. The gap is there. The top side right side teeth gap gum is giving pain when hot or cold thing drinking or eating for the past 2 months. Give me/suggest me give medicine to come back to original ?.
Mah teeth of lower area is getting yellow. What can I do for it being white again. In home itself. I am person who is free from alcohol. Not using any type of cigarettes. Or any tobacco products. And I am a person who brush mah teeth daily.
Thank you for your suggestions on my question about rct. Can you please give me some idea about the prices of caps after root canal. Please suggest me dentist also along with prices because I think where I went they are charging more than normal cost.
I am a 32 years old professional. I have bad breath since last year. When I take medicines, there is no problem. Soon I stop the tablets, the problem appears again. Please help.
My teeth are getting sharper and also little hole in it. Sensitive is also the problem. please suggest, how to get rid of it. Thanks.
I have got 6 root canals in last 4 years but again again todays time, I have tooth problem on same teeth. I do brush twice a day and not like anything sweet since my childhood. Now for 2 teeth I am undergoing re-root canal treatment locally here. I am unable to get the point if I brush twice and avoid sweet why I get so many cavities and pain in my teeth and gums respectively. Please help.
Hello my name is Saurabh. I cannot open my full mouth due to tobacco it opens only the size of two fingers how can I make my mouth regular I need a help.
Hai. Madam how much time wants to take brush our teeth? If we doing the brush in regularly morning and at night, have chance to come cavities?
I have swelling at the end of the right side of my lower gum for about a week. I think it may be due to the growing of my wisdom tooth. Should I b concerned.
I have been sucking my thumb from my childhood and still do what is the reason and how can I stop sucking my thumb.
Hi my teeth are breaking i guess they are brittle. Front teeth i went to the dentist he said may be it is deficiency of calcium what can i do. Shall i get my calcium tested and can there by any other reason for the same so that i an get tests in one go
What are the essential food for to get whiter and stronger teeth? My teeth appeared as yellow in color? What should I do?
My few teeth are damage around 5, I have insurance in my company is this applicable to claim. And also am get blood in my teeth can you suggest what can we do.
More than 5 million teeth are knocked out every year in children and adults. With proper emergency action, a tooth that has been knocked out of its socket can be successfully replanted and last for years. It is important to see a dentist as soon as possible after the tooth is knocked out. Quick action will increase the likelihood of saving the tooth.
Saving a Knocked Out Tooth:
1. Pick up tooth by the crown (the chewing surface) not the root:
Locate the tooth immediately; do not leave it at the site of the accident. The tooth should be handled carefully touch only the crown to minimize injury to the root.
2. If dirty, gently rinse tooth with water:
- Do not use soap or chemicals
- Do not scrub the tooth
- Do not dry the tooth
- Do not wrap it in a tissue or cloth
3. Reposition tooth in socket immediately, if possible:
The sooner the tooth is replaced, the greater the likelihood it will survive. To reinsert, carefully push the tooth into the socket with fingers, or position above the socket and close mouth slowly. Hold the tooth in place with fingers or by gently biting down on it.
4. Keep tooth moist at all times:
The tooth must not be left outside the mouth to dry. If it cannot be replaced in the socket, put it in one of the following:
- Emergency tooth preservation kit
- Mouth (next to cheek)
- Regular tap water is not recommended for long term storage because the root surface cells do not tolerate water for long periods of time.
5. See a dentist within 30 minutes:
Bring the tooth to a dentist as soon as possible, ideally, within 30 minutes. However, it is possible to save the tooth even if it has been outside the mouth for an hour or more.