Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip BhallaYour feedback matters!
My Glomerular filtration rate shows 120 where normal. Rate is 90 .Any proper way to bring it to. Normal.
I have urinal problem, I feel urine get stuck in between at the time of passing urine. What is the problem sir?
I have pain in my stomach last 2 weeks I have kidney stone operation last month I still have pain while peeing plus subscribe something as soon as possible.
The urologic system includes all problems related to the urinary system including the kidneys, bladder, ureters, urethra, and the prostate. These problems could range from trauma, injury, inflammation, infections, and muscular problems like overactive bladder, prostate hypertrophy, sexual disorders (candidiasis, erectile dysfunction, etc.), tumors or overgrowths, infections of any part along the entire tract, and even erectile dysfunction.
Let us quickly look at the most common ones kidney stones, urinary tract infections, prostate enlargement, erectile dysfunction, and vaginal candidiasis.
- Kidney stones: These are calcium deposits, which can seat themselves in any part of the kidney and sometimes even in the ureter. These can cause significant sharp, shooting pain in the back of the abdomen. The pain is almost diagnostic, and while small stones may pass on their own, others may require shock wave lithotripsy to break the bigger ones into smaller ones, which can then pass on their own through urine. Dietary modifications may also be required to prevent the formation of stones, as most people tend to have recurrence of stones.
- Prostate hypertrophy: One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic enlargement (BPH). There would be a constant urge to urinate, simultaneous difficulty initiating a stream and a feeling of incomplete emptying. These happen more at night, and diagnosis is very easy, any elderly male who shows these symptoms is almost diagnostic of BPH. This requires a standard surgical procedure known as transurethral resection of the prostate, which is a same-day surgery and quite non-complicated.
- Urinary tract infections: This is one of the most common infections, which can be acquired from the use of public bathrooms and unhygienic bathroom practices. There is chance for infection of the entire tract starting from the urethra to the ureter, the bladder, and the kidney. These run the course of any infection. Treatment is usually with a course of oral antibiotics along with symptomatic treatment of the other symptoms like fever, muscle ache, etc. In very rare cases, systemic antibiotics may be required.
- Erectile dysfunction: One of the most common, but undisclosed male sexual problem is erectile dysfunction. There is inability of the male to achieve and/or sustain an erection, sufficient to have a satisfactory sexual intercourse. This has both physical and psychological reasons, and may also be due to hormonal imbalance. Very often, a discussion with a counselor would be required to treat the couple, as involving the partner is very important.
- Vaginal candidiasis: The normal vaginal flora is very rich with the fungi Candida, and when immunity is low, candidiasis develops. There could be symptoms like foul-smelling discharge, itching, and redness. A course of topical antifungal agents is usually effective in treating this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Do we get urine infection from food? I often get urine infection. I take full course of antibiotics. I had taken sonography of the kidneys. Kidney stone is Negative. What will be my next step?
Hi doctor please help me out im 27 week pregnant with frequent urination baby moving lot always tired is this ok tht too my Cervix stitched at 22 week I'm on progesterone injection weekly and taking susten 200 mg ultra d3 cc74 and richer tablets is this causing frequent urination or what Please help me please please.
Problem while doing pee .in lower part abdomen. No sexual contact with anyone. I think I got urine tract infection in urethra. So when I pee it pains not much .but yes it pains. So whats the remedies I can get. From you. Thnk you.
I am having urinary infection. Urine routine report and urine culture is as follows urine examination test report urine r/m & flowcytometry investigation result units urine image 68 years / m physical examination 40 ml volume yellow color sl. Cloudy transparency nil deposit 1.020 specific gravity 8 reaction/ph chemical examination negative albumin norm sugar 10 blood /ul negative ketone bodies negative bilirubin negative nitrite 500 leucocytes /ul norm urobilinogen microscopic examination 639.6 wbc (/ul) /ul 0 - 40 100-120/hpf pus cells 10.0 rbc (/ul) /ul 0 - 20 2-3/hpf r. B. C. 2.0 epithelial cells (/ul) /ul 0 - 28 0-1/hpf epithelial cells 1.65 casts (/ul) /ul 0 - 2 microbiology urine culture/ sensitivity & mic urine image 68 years / m specimen urine organism isolated escherichia coli colony count 1, 00, 000 /ml esbl positive + ampicillin resistant (>=32) piperacillin + tazobactam sensitive (<=4) ceftriaxone resistant (16) cefepime sensitive (<=1) ertapenem sensitive (<=0.5) imipenem sensitive (<=0.25) meropenem sensitive (<=0.25) amikacin sensitive (<=2) gentamicin sensitive (<=1) ciprofloxacin sensitive (0.5) tigecycline sensitive (<=0.5) nitrofurantoin sensitive (<=16) trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole resistant (>=320) cefoperazone/sulbactam sensitive (<=8) colistin sensitive (<=0.5) cefuroxime axetil resistant>=64 cefuroxime resistant (>=64) augmentin sensitive 4 nalidixic acid resistant>=32 what medicine should I take. I am taking cipro 500mg1bd+augmentin 1000mg1bd. I want a second opinion from an expert since medicine prescribed is by general physician.
I have a question, my father is a kidney patient. And his creatinine is 2.26. I want to know that nuga best bed and foot detox machine & beetle leaf tea is helpful in these kidney disease. My father's age is 75 years and he is also suffering tia attack after 4 month ago. Please give me the right way for above question.
I am having problem of low urine output. It is not flowing properly ang several minutes I have to try. I have undergone ultrasound test my prostrate gland size is 9 39 gms Recently I have taken blood test for kidney function and urine complete examination. The serum creatinine 0.7 mg/dl blood Uric acid 4.9 mg sodium 141 mEql potassium 4.9, mEql chlorides 101mEql Urine examinations Gravity 1012. Reaction 6.0 ph Rbc 2rbc other parameters are normal Can you suggest/prescribe any medicine either in allopathy or homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine to improve free flow of urine output?
Urine is the best cleaner and sanitiser for penis or vagina smell, dirt and germs and can also prevent cancer occurring due to recurrent infections says pune Dr. Vaibhav lunkad
Of the three fourth population of any developing country like india which don't have privacy for sleeping or bathing or even changing clothes, Dr. Vaibhav lunkad of pune, india dares that urine is the best cleaner and sanitiser for penis smell, dirt and germs and can also prevent cancer occurring due to recurrent infections. While seeing 300 patients daily of lower socioeconomic strata with no privacy of sleeping or bathing, I tried convincing them to do so and I was surprised to see very less fevers due to recurrent urine or genital infections. This was a retrospective study in approximately 100 people. Not only their sexual or married life improved but the itching of penis in public was the worst embarrassing situation in everyday life and it completely vanished. Though I have done this as a subjective study without involvement of any tests as a health education initiative, it was just great and esp herpetic etc viral and candidial etc fungal as well as bacterial infection spread also declined. And the happiest were the aged and diabetic who could not afford to have any more medicines like antifungals, antibiotics, antivirals, urine alkalinisers etc costing 500 rs a month again and again.
I know the topic looks stupid and dirty on the face but for those who suffer, I am happy that the solution is self-urine relief encouraged (sure. Not only the acidic ph of urine kills almost all organisms and it also dissolves the thick scales of smegma accumulating in many male patients. The smegma in males has awful smell, and causes itching, burning, dryness, sometimes divorces and infections too. The fungal infections can't survive in a urine wash as per our experience. Recurrence, the biggest problem of all genital infections comes significantly down and that encourages the patient to follow this natural free local application daily at least twice or thrice a day.
Thus let's remember that nature gives everything with a self healing purpose too only if we had the eyes and mind to realise it and use it. Of course I know that if marketed in bottle with all fabricated data it will sell like hot cake but honesty and integrity still prevails in this dying noble profession.
Urine is the best natural cleaner and sanitiser for penis or vagina smell, dirt and germs and can also prevent cancer occurring due to recurrent infections says pune Dr. Vaibhav lunkad