Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. DianaYour feedback matters!
Am 22 years unmarried. I didt get my periods for past 3nd half month. I already had irregular periods. Now am scared y it is this much late? Is ter any serious prblm.
Some kind of white liquid is oozing out from her breasts. And it is also paining, while it gets out.
Doctor I am not getting my periods since last 2 months only I see a color change for one day I checked betahcg and it was negative I'm feeling tired all the time with back pain I'm 33 yrs old and have no children got married on 2014. Please advise.
Sir, Me and my wife want to sex with another person is it safe for her to do as she was very curious to know about..
Sir I want to family planning. How to get pregnant much chance to plan a child. What is right time for get pregnant from mc period?
I have very scanty flow just for 2 days in periods and then just spotting for 3 to 4 days. Is it ok? Can medication or something like that help improve blood flow during periods?
My mom has auto immune hypothyroidism. She is taking medicine everyday. She is getting fever periodically. Does fever appears because of auto immune disease?
Doct. My period day was on 27 march. It has exceeded now 4 days more. What could be the cause for it. Other than pregnancy? And if I get pregnant. Then can I abort using medicines now.
Flax seeds prevent Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds contain several beneficial plant compounds:
1. Lignans: Lignans are present in almost all plants, acting as both antioxidants and phytoestrogens. Flaxseeds are the richest known dietary source of lignans. These nutrients function as phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have weak estrogenic and antioxidant properties
Lignans are fermented by bacteria in the digestive system and may reduce the growth of several cancers, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast, uterus and prostate cancers.
They have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome, since they reduce the amount of fat and glucose in the blood.
Phytoestrogens also help lower blood pressure and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the arteries.
2. P-Coumaric Acid: This polyphenol is one of the main antioxidants found in flaxseeds.
3. Ferulic Acid: This antioxidant may help to prevent several chronic diseases.
4. Cyanogenic Glycosides: These substances may form compounds called thiocyanates in the body, which can impair thyroid function in some people.
5. Phytosterols: Related to cholesterol,phytosterols are found in the cell membranes of plants. They have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects in the body.
Flax Seeds are very easy to incorporate into the diet. Grinding them is the best way to make the most of their health benefits.
I m 28 year woman. My husband is not interested in sex. So many times talk about this topic. Whenever I say to him why you do not want to do it he always anger. Even he dnt like this topic what should I do? 30, 40 days gap is normal. I m really frustrated what should I do?
Packing a healthy lunch, whether for work or for school, is always a good option if you want to stay fit and healthy. Working for long hours can take a toll on your health. You should eat foods which are low in calories and fats; try and eat more veggies and fruits. Eating your lunch outside everyday can result in an upset stomach whereas home-made foods are both tasty and healthier. Here are some foods, which you should definitely consider for a healthy you.
- Sandwiches: Cheese and tomato sandwiches are a great source of protein; especially cottage cheese, as it is an awesome low fat source of protein. Tomato is good for your skin and also prevents cancer. You can also consider a healthier version by swapping mayonnaise with avocado as it is full of healthy mono saturated fats.
- Salads: Salad, especially green salad, is one of the healthiest foods you can pack for lunch. It is simple to make and is a great appetizer as well. You can also add flavour to your salads by adding lots of fruits and vegetables that you like to eat.
- Eggplant Pizza: Instead of having the greasy one, you can make your own vegetarian pizza including your favourite vegetables. You can also opt for whole wheat pita pocket rather than the heavy pizza dough. And diced eggplant acts as a rich source of fibre and potassium.
- Chicken Wraps: These are one of the best, if you are in a rush and want to eat something spicy and healthy. Chicken is also a rich source of protein; you can add some ketchup to lend some extra flavour to your wraps. You can also include frozen corns, lettuce leaves and peas if you want.
- Fruits: If you want to maintain a healthy diet, you should surely include fruits in your lunch. It decreases the appetite for the actual meal. The fructose present in the fruits gives an energy boost and the fibre creates a feeling of fullness. Since most fruits are high on dietary fibres and low on calories, they help to keep your weight in control.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period?
With terminal illnesses like cancer, the disease is not the only thing that requires treatment. In addition to controlling the severity and spread of the main disease, the effect it has on the other body systems including emotional, social, psychological problems and also physical issues like pain and inflammation. Though the disease has reached an advanced stage and cannot be cured, the patient can be made to be pain-free and at peace to the extent possible.
The goal of palliative care is not to cure - in fact, palliative care is in place for diseases like cancer from the time it is diagnosed and treatment is begun but becomes the major component of treatment once the cancer is identified to be in terminal stages. Therapeutic care aimed at curing the cancer is gradually reduced and palliative care assumes a bigger role. This is also called as symptomatic care, supportive care, or comfort care.
Aspects of palliative care: Once the disease is identified to be in terminal stages, then the following become considerations:
- Stay at home or hospital
- Withdraw chemotherapy and radiation?
- Withdraw feeding tube
- Spiritual discussions
- Reduce anxiety
- Good quality time with the family
- Reduce pain and suffering
As is evident, there is a huge component of social/emotional/spiritual management in addition to reducing pain and suffering:
- Physical: Pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, loss of appetite are some symptoms that need to be managed. In addition to pain killers, small exercises can be included to make them feel better, even if it is just getting a breath of fresh air.
- Social: Depression (learn the ways to handle depression), anxiety, uncertainty, fear are all looming large and they are not sure how to manage these feelings. Talking to a counselor or some close family member or friend can be a big relief - the burden is off their chest.
- Legal: There could be issues related to property, insurance, property that also need to be discussed. External help can be sought if required to provide financial counselling and legal advice.
- Spiritual: Looking into the spiritual needs and understanding the deeper meaning of life, restoring faith are some things that also can help them feel better. "Why did this happen to me?" is a question most people keep asking and while there is no answer, some solace can be provided through talks.
It is to be noted that palliative care is not just for the patient. The caretakers (family and close friends) are equally in need of some support. So, once the patient is identified to be in terminal stages, all effort is made so the final leg of the journey is peaceful and as painless as possible.
Your ovulation cycle is largely ignored until you decide to have a baby. Suddenly, the ovulation cycle becomes more than just a countdown to your next period. When you're trying to get pregnant, you need to identify when you're ovulating to calculate the time available to you to conceive a child. Ovulation occurs mid cycle, every month for most women. It is usually accompanied by a number of symptoms. Some of these are:
Ovulation pain: Some women may experience an abdominal pain when they ovulate. This can range from a mild sensation to a constant pain. The latter is not normal and may be caused by ovarian cysts or scarring by a previous surgery.
Higher Basal body temperature: Basal body temperature is the lowest temperature recorded in the body when it is at rest. At the time of ovulation, this temperature normally increases as a result of the release of progesterone. To use this method to determine ovulation, you will need a basal thermometer. Take your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up and record it in a chart to spot temperature changes.
Basal body temperature can also be used to determine if recent intercourse has resulted in a pregnancy or not. If the basal temperature remains elevated for 18 days after intercourse, it is safe to say that you are pregnant.
Cervical mucus: The mucus released by the vagina changes according to the stage of the ovulation cycle. This is caused by the fluctuations of hormone levels. At the time of ovulation, cervical mucus is clear, slippery and highly elastic. This can be compared to a raw egg white in colour and consistency. After ovulation, this mucus will turn stickier and denser.
Cervical position: Your cervix itself will shift at the time of ovulation. Some women can easily feel this change, while it may take a little time for others to identify it. The cervix is usually positioned low and feels hard and closed. However, just before ovulation, it will usually open up and soften a little as well as pull back. Cervical position also needs to be regularly charted to determine when the position changes.
Spotting: Spotting during mid cycle is not always a sign of an early period. It may also signal ovulation. This is usually a result of the sudden drop in estrogen that precedes ovulation. Since the progesterone levels are not high at this time, the lining of the uterus may leak a little blood.
Other signs of ovulation include:
- Breast tenderness
- Heightened sense of smell, taste, etc.
- Increased libido
- Increased energy levels
- Water retention
Boy having sex with 2 girls or more. Any problems to having sex with more girls. Without wearing condom from long time. Please suggest.
Dear Sir/ Mam, please give me your valuable advice and correct idea to deal with my problem as I am very much tense. I had my marriage in dec 2014 and conceived in jan 2015 and had miscarriage in March 2015, And after that I tried but no success. Later I shown to doctor in jan 2016 and had HSG in feb which show that both tube is blocked at corneal end (one is completely blocked and other is partially blocked. Dnt knw wht to do further as I want to conceive and want to have child. So please help. So that I can get successfully pregnant.
I m quite stress because my periods aren't coming though I checked but m not pregnant. My last menses was on 9th Jan will it usually be concern? As my avg cycle is 26 neither m feeling any symptoms of pregnancy.
Go with friends for a walk, evening or morning, will help solve your many problems, depression, obesity, etc