Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dheerja BabbarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I had suffered a severe ankle sprain on June, 2016, while playing football. And still I have a pain while twisting and turning my ankle or putting excess pressure and I can not play as it hurts when I try and rotate or swing my ankle. Though I can walk and run with my ankle straight and not twisting it. I had my X-ray done - A small bone island in talus and No bony injury. I had visited 2 doctors and was under medications till september but nothing really worked out. No plaster was done and only medicines were suggested. What can be done so what I can be all up and running once again? Please help me.
Hi, I am 30 year old male with a L5 disk slip 3 months back. Weight 85 kg. I have been experiencing continuous numbness in my right thigh. Please suggest if I need to go disc hernia surgery.
I am 36 years old height is 5 feet 7 inches, weight 90 kg. Feeling pain and stiffness in legs joints please suggest.
I am 28 yrs. Old working culture is to stand 5 to 6 hours In a day. So, facing pain in legs, feet, and back. Like some weakness or something. What should I do.
I am 36 years Male and from past 4 months I am suffering from backache, and I have observed that from March when I woke up my body temperature is 98.5 and after 3 -4 hours my body temperature rises up to 99, I am not doing any hard work or exercises, I have gone through CECT Chest and Whole abdomen & all blood testes incl culture, Mantoux test, all tests reports are absolutely fine, appetite is ok weight is ok no gain no loss, do I need to worry kindly suggest at earliest I am worried,
Left leg paining. Can not fold the leg cuz pain is under knee. Doctors said about that is a weakness. Oil massage & Multivitamin capsules taking from doctors advise. Three doctors advised same . But problem is same.
I have great pain in my legs and toes. When I run it sounds like tik tik and some time it relief. I want to know this was a serious problem or not. And please tell me pain relief for that.
I am suffering with heel pains since one month I replaced shoes, With hot & cold water tried no use, pls suggest me.
My both kidneys have almost failed. I get swelling in my feet all the day. So what should I do for better?
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.