Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dheeraj Mehndiratta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj MehndirattaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old and I used teeth pin on my teeth and suddenly my teeth is going to black what I do? And my teeth also go to weak anand it is so hurting meme what I do?
Hi, My gums are severely swollen and I have bleeding gums. Can you please tell me the cost that will be incurred in gum treatment? I also have bad breath. :(
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!
Sir/Madam, In my childhood I fell from stairs and hurt myself in such a way that due to internal bleeding one of my tooth turned yellow from inside and has been like that since then. How can this thing be cured?
Hi doctor I hope your good! I have completed root canal treatment, I have habit of smoking if I continue smoking after root canal treatment it leads to any problem to teeth.
I am living in south delhi and using hard ground water to getting fresh and currently using Amway glister as toothpaste and pears soap for bathing. Which toothpaste is best? Amway glister, forever gel or any other?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.