Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj MehndirattaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I am suffering from teeth itching. When I try to chew something it pains a lot. Before that I was normal nd never have teeth problem. Help me.
Sometimes my teeth feel sensitive. When i.brush my. Teeth.blood is coming out. Teeth is also. Yellow.scaling. Is good for teeth yes or not? Is it have. Side effect?
Is it possible to get me teeth whiten I tried so many methods didn't work and even I used Colgate whitening tat 2 didn't work so is there any treatment should I take of there is let me know the cost? Or any natural remedies or should I take any tablet? Thank you in advance.
From last one month I am noticing blood from my gums while brushing and irregularly. Can you suggest some cure for it? I would be grateful.
Dear sir/madam my sister is 23 year old and her teeth is not properly grow up and some are unbalanced. Please tell me what should she do?
I am 24 yr old .I had problem with mouth ulcer alternatively. Give me some exact solution. Thanking you.
How can I whiten teeth please give me suggestion and how to reduce sensitivity of teeth I want some suggestion.
How can I manage oral hygiene bcoz whenever I brush my teeth I see blood spotting I also hv cavities on upper left molar and lower right molar.
I have a problem with my mouth. Whenever I am brushing my teeth blood is coming. Can you give me any suggestion for this.
Hello Doctor, I got my dental surgery done yesterday where my wisdom tooth was removed after surgery. How long would it take for these stitches to dry. I also have issues with jaw movement as it starts giving pain. What would recommend me to do during this period. What can I eat during this period. Thank you.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?