Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Dhawan NidhiYour feedback matters!
Took Otrivin for more than 3 months daily! And now, I guess my nose remains stuffed for no reason, even when I'm fit and healthy. How do I get rid of my nose's addiction? Its quite humid here in Kolkata, so humidifiers don't work. Saline sprays don't work either.
I am 50 years old. My hearing in the right ear was suddenly impaired resulting in vertigo. Ent specialists have diagonised the impairment due to minier's decease, which causes accumulation of liquid in the inner ear. They also say that their is no cures. My hearing in the right ear is 50 percent with higher frequencies muted. My hearing in the left ear has become 20per ent higher than normal. Kindly advise for any resolution.
Hi Dear Doctor I am mohan (29 yrs) from Bangalore. I need permanent solution for the snoring that I have too much. I do not disturb others at bed time. What kind of solution is better. I think I am having mouth snoring. Kindly give your support.
There's a housefly in my right ear, I think he's now dead cos it's not doing any movements, this was happened to me 6 months ago, and my right ear is very itchy too.
I am 55 year old female. I am suffering from throat pain for two months. My voice reduces. What should I do?
Neck pain and stiffness due to cervical spondylitis. Dizziness accompanied by numbness and shaky hands.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.