Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dewesh Gulati
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dewesh GulatiYour feedback matters!
My wife is having thyroid from last 20 years she is now over weight 70 Kg and hight 5.0. She has sciatica, she has spondylitis, every day she is suffering from head pain, she have swelling on whole body. I am middle class person. Please guid me what to do. She is having hypothesized.
I am 30 years old male my kneel and leg bone joint make sound while on walk or move and I feel obstacle in my knee joint what treatment should I take?
Sometimes my leg pains a lot at night specially in winter. I used to spray some pain removal spray. After that got relief but then it rises again after a week or so.
Sir, I have knee pains from past 6 months. Now I am using pain killer tablets for this. Suggest me a doctor for permanent treatment.
Hello doctors. My mom is suffering from severe knee pain. Her feet have swollen and she is unable to walk. She got her diabetics check up in march and it was normal. But she do have increased uric acid problem and also she is undergoing menopause. She has already taken medical consultation and under medication. I will be very grateful if you can share some home remedies to keep uric acid level in control. And some home treatment which can give her relief from the unbearable pain. Regards Pooja.
Hi sir. I am 25 years old female. Recently I did abdominal strengthening exercise like straight like raising, and fully flex knee till chest in supine position. Last week I played with my child and while twisting my leg I heard a click sound, no pain or swelling initially. But I heard a click sound whenever I walk from that day, Gradually I couldn't squat or climb stairs, tightening of knee and vague pain started. Which was relieved on full knee extension. For past three days I have swelling above patella that is above knee joint. But. Till now no sever pain. Putting ice pack and taking pain killer because pain is sever when I squat. But I could walk, lift weight etc. But since I am scared I am just resting in full extension. Please help me what might be the problem. Any menisceal tear like that?
Hi sir I am ameen my age is 19 years. I am from new delhi south ex1. I am suffering from backache since last 1 months. So please I nead your help. Sir please contact me.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.