Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Devinder SinghYour feedback matters!
I got major fracture in my Left leg Tibia (above ankle) in Jan 2007, the bone was critically fractured and separated out. I went for natural healing (without rod) and after 6 months I got up. But unfortunately my tibia bone was not fixed straight, it was tilted. Anyways the time passed out, its been approx 10 years, I could not forget that unfortunate day. Now I am suffering pain in my left knee. I also went for MRI in which doctor told me to go for alignment surgery of the knee. I am 42 years old. My child is very small. Should I go for this surgery or if it could be possible to avoid surgery. please help me.
Fatigue in left hand shoulder after gym Want to gym again but this thing not letting me to do Any cure?
My age is 52 and I have a pain in both leg. Pain is generally occur while long sitting your long walk. Pain is generally in hip to fore leg in both leg. Pls suggest.
Am doings harx ware job in bangalore city, so my hair follow fully damaged and legs pains more please give me your answer.
My age is 41 . I am facing lots of difficulties in walking because of severe pain in the bottom of my feet in right leg. My height is 5.8 and weight is 105 so please help me by giving proper guidance and medicine to control my feet pain and lessen my weight.
(cervical spine degenerative changes with mild pivd at c4-5 and c5-6 levels causing secondary canal stenosis and compression of exiting nerve roots.) this is dangerous or normal?
Sir, my dad has a pain of left shoulder from 2 years .we consulted doctor several times he has taken ecg & said no problem, but the pain is normally having ,and also not possible to lift the hand above shoulder level. Pls reply Sir in this regard.
I am suffering from extreme pain in my left heel. X-ray report says small plantar calcaneal spur noted. Kindly suggest.
A Hernia may be defined as the protrusion of an organ into an adjacent connective tissue or muscle. The protrusion usually occurs through a tear or a weakened area in the muscle (Fascia). Hernia can be an Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Hiatal Hernia or Femoral Hernia. It can also originate from an incision (Incisional Hernia).
The Inguinal Hernia is commonly observed in males. Here, the intestine squeezes through a tear in the abdominal wall into the groin (Inguinal canal). At times, the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall (weak spot) near the belly button, which results in Umbilical Hernia. In Hiatal Hernia, the upper part of the stomach passes into the chest through the diaphragm, and of all the hernia types, the Inguinal Hernia is the most common.
Severe strain and muscle tear or weakness can result in Hernia. Obesity, chronic constipation, chronic coughing and sneezing, ageing, damage caused by injury, medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis, contribute to increased incidences of Hernia. In case of Hernia, the affected area tends to protrude or bulge out. If left untreated; Hernia can prove to be detrimental. One needs to consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Physical examination can help in the diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia. An ultrasound is needed to diagnose Umbilical Hernia. A Barium X -ray or endoscopy can be of great help in the diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia.
The severity of the Hernia depends upon its size. In case the Hernia is rapidly increasing in size, a surgery is needed for the repair. The surgery performed can be open or laparoscopic. In open surgery, Hernia is identified through an incision. Once located, the Hernia is removed from the adjacent tissues. In laparoscopic repair, small incisions are made in the affected region. Through these incisions, specialized instruments are inserted. It is through these instruments that the surgeon visualizes and performs the surgery.
In such repairs, a mesh, held in place by sutures is used as a scaffold. This facilitates the growth of new tissues in the affected person. This technique significantly lowers the chance of a recurrence.
Certain factors must be well addressed, before performing a Hernia operation:
- Hernia operations, laparoscopic in particular, should be performed by experienced surgeons. Inexperienced surgeons will do you more harm than good.
- Laparoscopic Hernia operation should be avoided in case a patient has adhesions from previous surgery.
- Extreme care should be taken while performing a Hernia operation in infants and children.
- In some cases, Hernia surgery might affect or injure the vas deferens in men. This in turn can affect fertility in men.
Hello sir, I am 25 year old girl, from last 3 years I am having anxiety problem. Whenever some tense situation occur I started thinking something wrong is going to happen with me. When situation become normal then also I feel little pain in my heart. Sometime in shoulder and exactly back side of heart. I usually started thinking this at night. I have done ecg in march but it appears normal and x ray is also ok. And whenever I saw something tense in tv also I started feeling fearful. I was not at all like this before this. Really I am very confused what is wrong with me. Please tell me solution to overcome this?
I have cramp in my both of legs. When I trying to swimming in cold water its feels too hard. I what should I do.
My father has a pain in his legs starting from hips Till down, since 1 year. Sometimes it gets severe and sometimes less. He conducted physician, neuro but no cure. Please help.
Her Legs are getting cool too much And it is paining to please Tell me Why this is Happening to her?
I am 21 years of age I am feeling so much pain in my legs in last one or two month I have a gas problem I fell very weakness in my body please help me out.
I have a nagging pain at the bottom of my small toe on the right foot. Exactly, in the protruding bone below the small toe. The pain erupts suddenly and there is a burning sensation along with the pain. Please advice.
My body is paining and eyes also paining when I wake up early in morning and mostly stomach disease.
I had a grade 3 tear in lateral meniscus is surgery necessary or not if not how many days recovery is needed (I am cricket player and spinner)
Sir. I am 50 years old I have joint pain also body pain. I discussed with doctors they told its due to age. Is there any solution?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.