Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Devi Durga DasYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I was operated on my left ear for swelling and discharge of liquid substance way back in 1995. Till one month back everything was fine but suddenly ear started discharging yellow liquid again. I have been taking anti-biotic from 1 month with consultation but it has not healed. Please advise. Thank you, Regards, Satish Pahuja.
I am a female of about 49 years a vegetarian & a vocal music teacher. For last six months I feel throat problem. As soon as I start singing, within a minute, I feel dry cough and unable to sing.
My throat is feeling rough and taken medicine from more than 15 days. Now also not feeling well. I have no taste any food also.
I am 60 years old healthy man. But right now I developed a severe cough with sore throat. There is a slight fever also. Should I start antibiotics now and if so which one?
I went for a master health check up. In thyroid profile, T4 normal (0.98 ng/DL). TSH Value: 10.35. Permitted range: 0.35 to 5.5. As advised by doctor, stared taking Thyronorm: 12.5. But feeling nervousness and dizziness. Is it OK to continue tablet.
I am 35 years old I have throat infection like sure throat itchy throat from last 1 year. Please advise.
My throat is little pain or not clearance always when I eat cold food like cold drink, cold water. What I do please say?
I have high fever over last 3 days and also I have unbearable headache and some coughing and throat infection. so what should I do?
I have suffering from sinus. It create many problem to my health. Gave me advice what can I do. And which medicine I should take ?
Hi, I have problem in sleeping at night. When I am in a deep sleep I always snore. What do you think is the cause amd how can I prevent it? Is thre any medication I need to take? Thank you.
I am having a strong allergy. Specially in the morning transparent mucous from both the nostrils flows. There is discomfort in the head and rawness in the nasal cavity. Strong bouts of violent sneezing, sometimes 8-9 times.
Recently I done my tonsils surgery in GNH Hospital Gurgaon. In a month I have the tonsils again. Now tell me what I do. Can I change the doctor or wait? Doctor say they need some time because it's really small so that they can't tell that it's a tonsil or any other thing.
My voice is decreasing day by day but their is no pain or no irritation in/out of my throat, what should I do?
I am 34 yrs old male I am suffering from continuous loose motions from last 3 weeks and cold severe headache. I Am loosing weight nausea night sweating and dizziness.
Few days back, I had pharyngitis like symptoms (red small pimples, throat pain when swallowing) I did gargle it reduced. But,still have some. Now,my mouth lining has swollen from inside, became red, can fell it. And my mouth gets dry usually. What it can be, how to treat it.
Are you feeling lightheaded, unbalanced or woozy lately? Are you having strange sensations in the ears and eyes? These indicate that you are suffering from dizziness, a condition affecting the body’s sensory organs. It can cause fainting at times as well. It is not a disease, but a symptom of several disorders. Dizziness is caused by inner ear disturbances, effects of medication, motion sickness and underlying health conditions, such as poor blood circulation, infections or injuries.
Test and diagnosis
If you feel dizzy for a prolonged period of time or if the dizziness occurs and reoccurs, a special treatment is required. This is because dizziness may make you prone to several risks in everyday life. Several tests are carried out to find out the cause of the dizziness. If a stroke is suspected, an MRI scan or CT scan is carried out. A physical examination is undertaken in which the way you walk and balance are observed and the nerves of the central nervous system are checked. Hearing and balance tests may also be required, which are as follows:
- Eye movement testing in which the path of the eyes is observed while tracking an object in motion. An eye motion test may be given where cold and warm water is placed in the ear canal.
- Head movement tests are carried out when benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is suspected.
Treatment of dizziness includes medicines, therapies and balance exercises.
- Water pills are prescribed when a patient has Meniere’s disease, which helps in reducing dizziness.
- Antihistamines provide temporary relief from dizziness.
- Head position maneuvers: A technique known as canalith repositioning helps in resolving dizziness quickly. It can be performed by a doctor, therapist or audiologist. The position of the head is maneuvered in the process.
- Balance therapy: Several exercises help in making the body’s balance system lesser sensitive to motion. This technique, known as vestibular rehabilitation, is used for people suffering from dizziness due to inner ear conditions.
- Psychotherapy: This therapy may be used for patients who experience dizziness because of anxiety disorders.
- Use of antibiotics: An antibiotic by the name of gentamicin may be injected in the inner ear for disabling the balance function. The unaffected ear performs that function.
- Other procedures: A procedure known as labyrinthectomy may be used for disabling the vestibular labyrinth in the affected ear.
If you experience dizziness continuously, it is important for you to visit an ENT specialist. An ENT specialist deals with problems related to the ear, nose and throat and will be able to provide you with the best diagnosis and treatment for dizziness.