Find numerous Acupressurists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupressurists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Acupressurists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devender
Submit a review for Dr. DevenderYour feedback matters!
Whenever I shave or remove unwanted hair in my intimate areas it starts burning there. I suffer too much irritation. Please suggest any safe hair removal cream available in the medicine store.
I'm having grey hair I want to remove it. What can I do. I'm having this problem from age of 14 I didn't consult any doctor till now.
I have white hairs for about 2-3 years. Now white hairs are noticeable. What should I do to overcome this problem?
Is loose motion a cause of pain in my shoulders & weakness. What should I take in meal during loose motion?Is there any medicine for shoulder pain?
My femur is broken and I had went to doctor for treatment and operation and still I had pain in my leg what to do further for my leg.
What type of indian food we can consume to lower our DHT (dihydrotestosterone) level in our body. I understand that DHT is produced by an enzyme in the body called 5-alpha reductase but Is stress a cause for the DHT build up. Any other stuff similar to saw palmetto please suggest.
Give some tips for hair growth my hair is too thin and i am suffering from hair loss. Please advise.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.