Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DevaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, My baby girl is now 13 months old. Her birth weight is 2.8 kgs. Now her weight is just 8.9 kgs. Is this enough or what should I do for her weight gain? She shows very less interest in eating. She often falls sick for cold cough & fever. Please suggest what should I do?
My son age 4 and half years now he suffered illness with cough next 7days. I visit and consulting Dr. Child specialist and his condition is but not well. Dr. Advise mri, ct screen and ecg. My questions is how can he good health.
My daughter is 2 years old girl. She eats idli, 2eggs white, 2 banana, 3 times pasteurized milk; and some biscuits and chocolates, and apple juice, vegetable soup, rice with any curry. .she is not becoming fat why. Suggest me.
Sir, I have twins (Girl & Boy) born on 02.05. 2015. They are going to 6 month old. Now, they are taking breast Milk & Pro Nan 1. What change of food to them on 6 month old? What quantity & what type of food for them to start?
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
The granule near my baby's neck is growing n becoming big day by d day. Dr. is saying it's due to bcg. Need to do test. I am worried abt it. So please give your suggestions.
Please suggest some good products like any good brand oil which can help in making baby and baby bones strong. Also suggest any brand for milk supplement for my baby. Also any other thing whichbu can suggest I should start for him at this age like pediasure etc.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.