Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Dev SumanYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I have cervical spondylitis it was detected in June 16. All was going fine. I had gone for Acupuncture sessions for infertility and gastric pain. The moment I used to come from session I used to feel some muscle pull below my left shoulder. I did 3 session and stopped. Currently I am having spasm in back neck my head is feeling heavy and there is pain in upper left side chest just below shoulder. I took brufen/ tolpidol nothing worked. I showed it to my orthopaedic. He has given 1 tablet for 10 days and I will be doing physiotherapy I wanted to know did this all happen because of Acupuncture session if yes when will this side effect go away. Hope it has not damaged any organ. Please reply.
Shin splints' is a condition, which is characterized by pain in the shin bone, the bone that is present in front of the leg. Shin splints tend to occur quite frequently in runners and dancers as their activities tend to stress the shin bone.
Causes: When excess force is applied to the shinbone, it may result in swelling of the muscles, causing pain and inflammation. It may also occur from stress reactions to fractures in the bone. Cracks tend to develop due to constant application of force in the bones. If the area is not well rested then these cracks will not heal and ultimately lead to a complete fracture.
Some other causes of shin splints are:
- Muscle imbalance in the glutes or the thighs
- Anatomical deformity such as flat foot
- Not using proper form during training
- Lack of flexibility
- If you wear improper shoes during workouts, then it may lead to shin problems
- Running downhill may lead to excessive stress on the shin leading to shin splints
The symptoms of shin splints are:
- You may experience swelling in the lower leg
- A dull pain in the front portion of the leg
- Tenderness around the shin area
- Numbness around the shin area
- Inflammation in the shin area
- You may experience severe pain while walking
Treatment: The basic treatment for shin splints is the RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) protocol. It means allowing the leg to rest, applying ice packs and wearing compression bandages. It is recommended to take rest and not exert the leg beyond a certain point to limit the damage. The complications that may result from shin splints are compartment syndrome, where there is buildup of pressure in the muscle. In some cases, where the muscle tears off from the bone, a surgery may be required to treat this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am a boy 18 years old at every morning at the time of wakeup My leg was very painful and it is very sad to me.
Male 47 years with very good health fitness freak with no sugar no BP etc. The only thing concerning is there is "Dry leaves chart charrsound" in my knees whenever I climb stairs but no pain at all. How can I reduce that sound? Please advice.
I have started jogging/brisk walking 11 months ago. After 8 months I have started experiencing pain near knee. Consulted a doctor, he told its wear and tear of muscles. He advised me to take Rejoint tablet and calcigard Forte for 1 month. After 1 month I got relief and no pain was there. Again I started jogging/brisk walking, but pain started again after 4-5 days. Please advise what to do.
I have a back pain since last week. This pain is killing me, what should I do to get rid of this pain. This pain is on the right side of my back.
I have a severe back pain from the last 6 months. Even I do yoga then too the pain do not go. Kindly suggest me something.
I am taking Sertraline 100 mg 1-0-0 and Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 for mixed Depression-Anxiety and Sizodon plus 0-0-1 and Sizopin 25 mg 0-0-1 for Schizophrenia since 10 years. There is relief. Now, I find it difficult to stand or sit for a long time and hence I have the urge to lay down often. Do anti-psychotic drugs act on the brain and the spinal cord which causes the urge to laid down often? If so, what is the condition called? Is it Irreversible? This is coming in way of my everyday duties. Please confirm with specific answers to the above two questions. Thank You.
Hi sir/madam my name is vijendra kumar. My problem is when am on bed if I close my hands I get pain in my hand joint and if I open my hand I mean if I make my hand straight It controls my pain. What s my problem.
Back pain is one the most common problems that you are most likely to experience, given the rigors of the modern day lifestyle. Back pain is usually characterized by a mild to severe pain in your lower back area. Some of the causes of back pain can be:
Homeopathy, with its plethora of medicines, serves as a better alternative as compared to its allopathic counterpart in curing back pain permanently, both acute as well as chronic. Homeopathic remedies are completely natural remedies without any side effect whatsoever.
Here are some basic homeopathic remedies for back pain:
- Arnica: If the cause of your back pain is an injury, Arnica can be one of the best homeopathic medicines. In this sort of a pain, you experience stiffness and soreness at the back of your muscles.
- Bryonia: If your backache worsens with movement, Bryonia can help to cure this problem. You experience a stiff and tearing pain which worsens in humid and hot conditions. Try not to lie on a soft surface if you experience this sort of a pain. Proper rest with this medicine is suggested.
- Kali Carb: Kali carb is best in treating low back pain, especially in females after a delivery. This medicine caters to the sort of a pain which renders a great amount of weakness to your back muscles.
- Mag Phos: It is one of the best homeopathic remedies if you experience a sort of a pain, which is relieved by external application of heat. Pain, both of acute and chronic stages, can be cured by this medicine.
- Rhus tox: If your pain gets worse with movement, Rhus-tox is one of the most potent homeopathic remedies which can treat the issue. This sort of a pain causes stiffness in the back and at times, gets aggravated when you are resting.
- Bellis Per: This homeopathic wonder takes care of pain which is chronic, or which has been left untreated since a long time. Any surgical related back pain problem can also be remedied by this medicine.
Even though some of the medications are mentioned here, it is better to take proper advice from your homeopathic practitioner, as the dosage and frequency must be decided by your doctor only based on the symptoms and your medical history.