Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Sharma
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti SharmaYour feedback matters!
My toothbrush accidentally got in contact with cockroach killing spray (not direct contact). I used the brush so is there any harm? Or suggest what should I do now.
My wife 28 years old had been going for her Braces treatment from Orthodontist since last more than a year! The doctor has said it is not required to extract the teeth and we continued the treatment in home town M. P. Now we have shifted to Hyderabad and whn consulted the doctors we got different opinion. One says 4 teeth needs to be removed, other says no extraction is required, another says only one tooth needs to be removed. Now we are so confused as what to do and which doctor is correct. We have already given almost one and half for the treatment and paid almost the full amount. Again if we have to go thru entire year then its really frustrating. As we are new to Hyderabad we hardly know any good doctor (for me a good doctor is not who is more qualified and has more degrees rather the one who is not money minded and can give the right suggestion based on his experience). Please guide us.
What is the normal cost of scaling? Does polishing and bleaching is necessary after scaling and what is the full cost of all process?
Hello there are missing teeth in d left side lower jaw. It has been nearly three years since they are removed. The dentists whom we consulted gave us two options, a bridge using the last wisdom tooth and second premolar teeth. He said its a long bridge n said that the bone under d gum may go down as she ages which ultimately leads to damage of the supporting tooth. He even said that he is going to do root canal before giving the bridge. Also suggested implant bridge. Asked us to prefer implants. Now can anyone pl tell me which is the best option and is there any problem if she goes for normal tooth supported bridge without root canal treatment of the healthy teeth? And will there be a sensitivity after they fix the bridge? After few years? The doctor said in both the cases (implant bridge n normal tooth bridge) food gets stuck and leads to infection? Is that true? thank you.
I brush twice a day but I have bad breath problem? It's really annoying for me is there any treatment for it?
When im brushing or when im eating an apple or gova or some fruit my teeth gets blood immediately it is happening for 3 months and my mouth is also getting bed smell brushing after a few hours can you suggest me something I used to brush at 5 o clock in the early morning and then after that at 10 o clock or 11 o clock it gets bad smell.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.