Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti HandaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old unmarried female. My periods are irregular and scanty. I have been doing homeopathy treatment. I also got my ultrasound done. The report is as under: PELVIC ULTRASOUND The uterus is anteverted and measures 80x40x36 mm with smooth outline. Can you pls advise what the report says and why are my periods irregular and scanty. Further pls advise medication. The myometrial echo-pattern is homogenous. The endometrial lining is central, 7.0 mm. The myo-endometrial interface is fairly preserved. Both the adnexal regions are clear without any mass or collection. Both the ovaries are globular and display immature appearing follicles, measuring 4-5 mm, arranged at the periphery. The right ovary measures 41x35x15 mm with a volume of 12. 3 cc. The left ovary measures 46x23x16 mm with a volume of 9.2 cc. The appearances of the ovaries are not classical for PCOD. Necessary hormonal workup may be carried out to exclude the same. The Pouch of Douglas does not show any free fluid. The urinary bladder is normal in outline. I have got the following test done to rule out hormonal imbalance: 1. S.tsh 2. S.fsh 3. S. Prolactin 4. Haemogram The reports of all are normal. Pl advise ayurvedic medicine.
I had contraceptive pill before 24 hours of intercourse and after 2 weeks (not more than 8dayd) of that I started bleeding for 2 days is it my periods or something else ,can I still be pregnant?
I'm pregnant for 14 weeks. Getting lot of pain at lower abdomen I undergo Scanning but everything is normal, urine test and culturing also negative taking cyclopam tables but still getting lot of pain just like before period and there no bleeding, back pain is also there. I consulted many doctors but every one is clueless. Kindly help me to get rid of this thank you..
Types, symptoms and treatment for ligament injuries
Hi, My wife is 34 years old we are trying for our first kid since last 7 years. We both went for medical checkup but it says everything normal. What type of extra test we should go?
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
It's not that you feel the same responsiveness while having a sexual relationship with your partner like you used to have earlier; impotency in women can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain your relationship with your partner.
If you know what impotency in women is, it will be helpful for you to get it treated:
- Inhibited desire disorder: Most women who are impotent in sex have almost no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are illness, tiredness, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship disharmony, and drug or alcohol abuse. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they lose the sexual desire. Medication and child birth can also be another cause for this. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also sometimes leads to impotency among women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. The main cause of the pain is that the womb is not able to lift up, and the discomfort for this does not allow the walls of the vagina to swell and allow the penis to enter the vagina. Mainly lack of lubrication and endometriosis is an important cause for such a pain. You will have superficial pain when there are issues like genital herpes, muscle spasms and other such problems. With experience of such pain, many women fear the feelings of intercourse, and they start lacking the sexual desire in total.
- Lack of ability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm with the penile penetration. The truth is that it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women while having sex do not reach the climax! Women who love their partner without getting orgasm during sexual intercourse may feel different. And gradually they lose their desire for having sexual relations. There are a few factors like poor blood flow to the vagina, hormone imbalance that create this problem.
If you are facing any of the above problems, you may be suffering from impotency. However, do not get threatened as you are not alone, and getting to your doctor will help you out of such problems.
Hi I recently delivered a baby it's been 2months now I have put on weight very badly n people at home say not to diet coz of feeding n I'm not suppose to go out until baby is 5-6 months.. I'm a vegetarian please suggest me how to reduce weight? Actually my eating capacity is included now may b coz of feeding the baby. I used to jog 5kms before marriage (1.5 years back) now I'm really not sure if I can jog so much. Coz I feel very weak I had a normal delivery only. When visited doc she told me to lose weight. So please suggest me if there is any way of reducing weight. Thanks in advance doctor..
Sir and mam, Please help mere wife ka 40 days ho gaya hai aur abhi tak mc nahi hua hai aur wo pregnant bhi nahi hai main ne check karaya tha. Please help me.
Before 4 month unfortunately mera miscarriage ho gya tha. Lekin m 2 month se try kar rahi hu but m conceive nhi kar pa rhi hu. And mam give me some tips to stop miscarriage in next time.
Madam pregnancy ke dauran kya breast chhote bade ho jaate hai ya same hi rahte hai meri wife ka right breast enlarged ho gaya hai.
I am 24 years girl and I have a periods problem my periods doesn't come on time and I have a constipation problem and pimple problem also so please tell me what can I do for it.
I am 27 years old & I want to plan my baby after 30 and my husband is only 28 years old. Is there any problem to plan a baby after the age of 30?
Is it normal to have light bleeding in early stage of pregnancy or is it any serious matter to have such situation.
My name is ram and I am a male BT I want to change my gender into female its possible for me? Or can I am pregnant after this gender transformation!
My wife is pregnant for one month as she missed her first period and as indicated by prega news kit but we do not want a baby right now .we want it to be aborted at home by the most easy and safe method.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.