Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am trying to conceive since two months. I have regular periods. But I did not get pregnancy. I am so worried. My husband when he orgasm sperm comes out and drops down penis. It is not shoot out. Is it a chance to not get pregnancy. Pls advice me.
Hello sir, I have unprotected sex with my wife same day of her periods has to come. She have taken ipill within 38 hours of unprotected sex. Now her periods got delayed for 1 week and what are the chances of pregnancy. We are not ready for baby now. After how many days of unprotected sex she can check for pregnancy test?
Sir/mam me and my girlfriend had anal sex 20 days back, and I had not ejaculated inside her. After that she had her periods on normal tym and very normal. But few days back she had lil brown spottin with something white from her vagina. Is this sign of pregnancy or what. We do not want pregnancy. Please help.
To combat the chances of achy joints, inflammation, arthritis and other bone-related problems later, include these superfoods to your diet and make bones healthy right now.
1) The Milk: Calcium intake is foremeost for strong bones, and the best source of calcium is obviusly milk. Milk also contains nutrients like potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins D and B12 which are equally important for healthy bones. Adults can try drinking two glasses of milk daily. Children and teenagers must try having more.
2) Cheese: Cheese is a storehouse of calcium, as well as vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and protein. All these nutrients are desired for stronger bones. Also, cheese is an excellent source of calcium for people who are lactose intolerant. Any kind of cheese - cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, goat, Parmesan and your favourite cottage cheese or paneer consumed daily may go in a long way to keep you bone strong.
3) Curd: Curd or yogurt again is a rich source of calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. While milk might not suit everybody, curd, being fermented product, is easily digested too. A bowl of curd each day must be a part of your daily intake.
4) Tofu: Tofu is soy-based food that contains high amount of calcium and plant-based chemicals called isoflavones, which promote bone health. Tofu is also a safe bet for people who are lactose intolerant or avoid dairy products.
5) Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are ideal for bone strength. They contain important nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins K and D. It can be regularly had along with flax seeds to increase the nutrient intake.
6) Spinach: Spinach is not only commonly available but also the richest in calcium content. It is a good souce of vitamin K, fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C – which makes it a complete health package. You can combine it with the following vegetables for additional fortification cabbage, kale, broccoli to enhance your bone health.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
A sudden cardiac arrest is not same as a normal heart attack. While a heart attack refers to the blocking of blood flow to the heart, a sudden cardiac arrest refers to when the heart stops beating unexpectedly. Sudden cardiac arrests occur without warning and often this condition is triggered by electrical malfunctioning in the heart that causes arrhythmia. When the heart stops beating, blood cannot be pumped to the brain and other organs and the person loses consciousness. If a patient does not receive immediate treatment, this could be fatal. Hence it is important to know what first aid a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest requires.
Do not wait for someone else to help a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest. The first few moments after such an experience are critical and hence your decision to help is what could save the person’s life.
Call a Doctor
The first thing to do when you see someone experiencing a cardiac arrest is to call emergency and request an ambulance. If you do not have a phone available, ask someone else to do it.
After a cardiac arrest, it is essential to get the heart to start beating again as soon as possible. CPR or Cardiopulmonary resuscitation can save lives in this situation. If you are trained in this procedure, start with 30 chest compressions before checking the patient’s airway and performing rescue breathing. If you are not trained in CPR, ask the people around if anyone else is.
If no one around can perform CPR, start hands-only CPR. Make the person lie flat on their back and kneel next to their shoulders. Place the heel of one palm in the centre of the person’s chest with the other hand over it. Keep your elbows straight and position your elbows such that they are directly over your hands. Use your upper body weight to push down straight on the person’s chest and release. Try and achieve a rate of 100 compressions a minute. Continue until the person starts breathing again or medical help arrives.
Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
If an AED is available, place the electrode pads on the person’s chest as shown in the diagrams that come along with the AED. Follow the visual and voice prompts. Do not worry if the AED shocks the patient as this electrical therapy can help restart the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am 29 years old i am female. My husband is saying iam not co-oprating in sex. Is there any vigra pills for women in india. If there how much cost and how to use them.
I had unprotected sex. And I take I pill. After 4 days I have my periods. And this month I don't have my periods. Is there is a chance of pregnancy?
Hii. I miss my period for 17 days but test is negative. Today I went to the doctor. She sad wait for 10 days nd test again. Is it right.
What are the problems when unable to conceive what is line of treatment can i conceive at this age i am 48 yrs i am taking folic axid and fertomid onsecond of the period for 5 days since 4 months any other treatment you can suggest ?
Hi I hv facing primary infertility, and also pcos since last month so m taking tab ovacet, and 2 nd day of my periods I have started clomid 100 mg tab till 6 th day of my periods, and 10th day I have did HSG, it was normal but after 3days I have stared heavy bleeding so I was consult the Dr. they told me to take medroxyprogesterone tablet for 20 days course. And I started ovulation pain at 18day of my periods. If possible to get pregnant next month lease tell me.
I want to do sex everyday is it good for health or bed? If it is bed what is the right proportion to do sex in a week with my boyfriend?
Hi. Im 3 months pregnant. Can I use mehndi on my hand. My mother told m that it will not be safe for baby.
Exercises like jogging give great benefits during the cold weather, provided they are done in the correct way. Jogging not only keeps you active throughout the day by increasing your energy level, but also helps you in maintaining your shape even if you consume some extra calories when the weather is relatively pleasant or colder than usual like it is during winters. Read on to find out the do’s and don’ts of jogging.
1. Wear thin and loosely woven clothing
Opt for clothes made of thin synthetic material while jogging. This is because this type of material is beneficial in absorbing the sweat from your body. Additionally, you can wear an outer layer of nylon, to ensure that you remain protected from the wind and precipitation, besides maintaining the heat balance of your body. Never wear cotton while jogging as it does not absorb sweat and leaves you with a wet feeling.
2. Cover your hands and feet properly
The heat possessed by your body escapes mostly through your hands and feet (as much as 30% of heat is released by them). So, make sure to cover your hands and feet with running gloves and socks during jogging when the cold is mild, and with mittens when the temperature further decreases. Wear wicking sock liners underneath your woollen socks to soak the moisture generated while running.
3. Maintain your regular fluids intake
Irrespective of the type of weather, your body loses fluids in the form of sweat while jogging. In addition to this, the chilly air of the winter increases the chances of dehydration. So, keep yourself hydrated during, before and after jogging by drinking enough water or sport drinks.
4. Warm up
It is necessary to stretch out a bit before jogging to wake up your tired muscles. So, before starting your daily jogging regime make sure that you get a bit of physical activity.
1. Stay in damp clothes
Getting wet from rain or sweat while jogging on a cold day, increases your chances of developing hypothermia by decreasing the body temperature further. Immediately change your clothes if they are wet and turn on your heater to warm yourself.
Never dress in a way that makes you feel warm and comfortable before starting to jog. This is going to make you feel warmer as your movements increase, and in turn results in more sweating or discomfort.
3. Forget to cover your head
It may be an astonishing fact, but your body actually loses 40% of its heat through the head. So, never make the mistake of leaving your head bare before stepping outside to jog in the winter. You can wear a hat, woollen cap or a scarf during this time to protect your head.
CAUTION: Jogging at a slower pace is a low impact exercise as compared to running. Research has shown that jogging at slow speed is better than running because of lower impact on foot, ankle, knee and hip joints. However if you have any medical conditions then you should discuss with your medical practitioner to know if jogging is safe for you.
I do not have baby from last 12 years . Dr. says ovam count is less and I have to do IVf. Do you have any medicine to increase the ovam count so that I can have natural pregnancy.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.