Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti GuptaYour feedback matters!
Pain during labor is different for every woman. It ranges widely from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
It is caused by contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix. It's often not the pain of each contraction on its own that women find the hardest, but the fact that the contractions keep coming and that as labor progresses, there is less time between contractions to relax.
To help with pain during labor here are some things you can start doing before or during pregnancy:
- Educate yourself: Take a birth preparation course class. Ask questions to learn about the different stages of labor so you know what to expect. The better prepared you are the more choices you have during labor.
- Regular exercise: Learn several effective techniques to manage pain during childbirth such as position changes and different breathing methods. Prenatal yoga helps strengthening the entire body, increases flexibility, gives you stamina and relaxes your mind. Join Lamaze classes being conducted at your hospital to educate yourself about the ways you can decrease your perception of pain during childbirth through relaxation techniques, breathing exercises or massage. Exercise regularly, but do not over do and stress yourself.
- Find support: Ask your husband to actively participate along with you in the birth preparation classes. Take his support while you exercise. He too would feel involved.
- Stay well nourished: Pay importance to your diet. Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet and avoid foods which are not recommended during pregnancy. Get in touch with a professional nutritionist to get your ideal diet chart designed.
- Stay calm and positive: Negative thoughts make labor stressful and intensify the pain. Labor transforms you, but you need to harness your mental strengths and stay composed. People may push all kinds of suggestions on you during labor; listen but don't feel you have to go along with them. Choose what you feel comfortable with and find the best option for yourself.
Remember, your ability to endure the pain of has nothing to do with your worth as a mother. By preparing and educating yourself you can be ready to decide how to manage during labor and childbirth.