Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Goyal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti GoyalYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I am in my menstrual cycle since last 9 days. Usually it used to get over on 3 or 4th day. But we had sex on 2nd of menstrual cycle, I had taken contraceptive pill. But today also I am in period I am feeling allot of cramping I do not want any child right now. Today also I am in period Its 9th day for me Is it dangerous? Or will get pregnant?(which I do not want)
I am suffering from severe stomach pain during 1st day of my periods for the past 6 years. And dysentery too. When I checked with siddha doctor they told that I have polycystic in my ovaries and hormone imbalance.
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??
My periods are irregular since it started. And now we are thinking of family planning. Will there be any problem because of it? Should I go for any treatment?
She is pregnant. Expects delivery on 30 Oct 2016. Some function is there on 20 th Aug 2016 at Nagpur. Is it advisable to travel from Pune to Nagpur at this time ?Please tell.
I had protected sex five to six times in a month is there chances of getting pregnant last month I had protected sex and I got my periods after consuming tablet. Why it's so?
Today we will be discussing the topic of Ayurveda for wellness. We repeatedly discuss how “Prevention is better than Cure”.
But What exactly is Prevention? Very few of us are aware of that. Nowadays It has become a fashion to do preventive health check-ups through blood tests and other parameters. But a few blood tests and these parameters can not complete your preventive care. It may give an idea of your pathological condition but it may not give a complete idea of your physiological and mental health. Our 5000 years old ancient science gives an idea of preventive care.
Ayurveda, literally, means Life Science; ‘Ayur’ meaning Life and ‘Veda’ means Science. It gives a detailed idea on how to do things and spend your life on a day to day basis. There is a popular saying in Ayurveda that goes like “Swasthasya se Swasthya Rakshanam, Aturasya vikar prashamanamcha”. It means to take care of the healthy individual and also to take care of the diseased person by all preventive measures as is the aim of Ayurveda. How diseases are formed or how disturbances in health occur is also described in the ancient text in a beautiful manner. Ayurveda says that in a particular condition or at a particular time if a person is doing things in a proportionate or disproportionate manner then that is responsible for the wellness or illness. To get good health or wellness, we need to follow this principle.
We are mostly living in a 9-6 time for our daily routine. If we follow our daily routines in a proportionate manner, for example, intake of healthy food, regular exercise or yoga, follow proper sleep schedule, and if we spare time for family and social well being, then we can definitely achieve the health goal and can get supreme health. This may not happen due to sedentary lifestyles. We do not follow a proper diet, no proper sleep hours, no proper time devoted to regular exercise and yoga, resulting in individuals suffering from health problems at an early age. As early as twenty to twenty-five, many individuals are suffering from health problems. For examples, several young girls are having period issues and many young boys have joint pains or general weakness problem at a young age due to the sedentary lifestyle.
How to get rid of these problems and how to stay healthy by taking preventive measures?
Wellness is a lifelong path and is different for different persons and individuals. Ayurveda helps you to achieve your wellness journey through its basic principles. One cannot achieve the health goals without doing the detoxification because the toxics are responsible for the disease or illness. For detoxification, the Ayurveda Panchakarma procedure will support you in recovering from the illness, for getting relaxation from stress, and for getting rejuvenation from weakness. The Panchakarma, as the name suggests, is the process of five procedures which is the detoxification process in Ayurveda. As our body is formed by “Panch Mahabhutas” and “Tri Doshas”, Panchakarma procedure also works on the same principle. Panchakarma include the five main procedures and there are some sub processes.
- First procedure is the ‘Vamana Karma’, the scientific MSS process for tougher disorders or detoxification from the cougher disorder.
- Second is the ‘Virechana’ process, which is the scientific purgation process for the aggravated pitas disorder and the detoxification process for the ‘pitah doshas’.
- The third one is ‘Basti’ process which is the enema by the medicated oil or decoction. It is the detoxification process for the Vata Doshas.
- Other Panchkarmas are the Rakt Mokshana and Nase, and also includes Netre Darpan, Shirodhara, Sanik Basti which also helps to achieve our wellness goals.
One can achieve wellness by doing following these procedures regularly or as per the advise of the Ayurveda physician. One can do this at any authentic Ayurveda centre or at our centres as well.
Being childless can be a cause of depression for many families, especially women. Infertility in women has a large number of causes. One of the main causes is endometriosis and while a woman may not be aware of it, the pain of having it and its implications does make it worthwhile to know what it is all about! To understand fully what endometriosis is, it is essential to know about the fallopian tubes. These tubes are on either side of the uterus and their purpose is transfer a mature egg from the ovaries to the uterus.
How do Fallopian Tubes Get Blocked?
The uterus has a layer or tissue which lines it called the endometrium. If a woman does not become pregnant, each month, the tissue is shed through the process of menstruation. A condition called endometriosis is caused by the growth of a tissue which is more or less like the endometrium. The issue is that this layer does not grow on the inner walls of the uterus; instead, it grows in regions where it really is not supposed to be present, such as the cervix, the bladder and the vagina.
This can cause a lot of irritation, inflammation and in some cases, can also lead to the formation of scar tissue. However, endometriosis is not nearly the only issue that can occur when it comes to problems a woman can face with fallopian tubes. Another issue is something called hydrosalpinx. This happens when the fallopian tube widens because it is blocked. The prefix ‘hydro’ is because the tube then fills up with a fluid. This fluid prevents pregnancy as it prevents the egg from meeting with the sperm and being fertilised.
Schedule a visit with your doctor
When it comes to the diagnosis of the condition of fallopian tubes which are blocked, a doctor will usually examine a special type of X-ray which is known as an HSG. However, the reliability of this test is far from sure as there is about a 15 per cent chance that a false positive may be generated.
There are some solutions, for problems regarding fallopian tubes. When a single tube is blocked and the other is functioning perfectly, there is still a reasonable chance of getting pregnant and a doctor can prescribe drugs to improve the chances of pregnancy using the tube which is functional.
Laparoscopic surgery also has quite a lot of appeal for women having blocked fallopian tubes. It is used to open blocked tubes as well as to clean out scar tissue. Depending on how severe the block is, a 20-40% pregnancy rate can be achieved post-surgery. IVF treatment is also a viable option. Fallopian tube trouble can generally be overcome. But the first step is awareness! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.