Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti GoswamiYour feedback matters!
Please suggest me. If A women starts her period on 28 oct and ends on 1st nov and she had a sex on 21 nov without any protection but sperm was ejaculated outside. Is there any chances of getting her pregnant? She has a regular cycle of 31 or 32 days. If she is not pregnant then Which date is right for sex to get her pregnant?
I am 36 years old. I have a female child aged 16. I am having irregular period problem. Especially while intercourse. Period starts on 20th day of mensuration period. Only few drops for four or five days. After 5 days one day full flow bleeding. In the starting period the colour is dark coffee brown. Kindly advice me in this regards.
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
Hello doctor from the last two days I get slightly blood shells from my uterus as my last lmp is on 4th April but I am confuse boz I didn't get complete menus is I am pregnant or not.
I am 6 months pregnant, I sleep in left side maximum but when I want to turn to right side I forget to get up and turn, Will that make severe problems?
One of my friend have pcos problem she is trying to conceive from 2 years but she is unable to conceive now she is under depression suggest something and advice accordingly what percentage and chances to conceive?
I am 24 year old girl. Last week I had a unproductive sex incidentally. So I took the unwanted 72 pill withing 72 hours after having sex. Now I am nt getting my periods as per the date 30, instead of it I got sm few blood drops and nw it is nt bleeding. please give me the proper suggestion what should I do.
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc. People with high blood pressure or diabetes are more likely to have CKD. This disease leads to other complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anaemia and pericarditis.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine. Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases like Kidney Stone Treatment, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.
There are more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions, and have all have risk factors, individual features, behaviors and circumstances that are associated with the disease.
There are risk factors that are not modifiable. That means there is nothing you can do about them. Being female and having a family history of arthritis (genetic profile) are two examples of factors that make people more likely – but not certain -- to get some types of arthritis.
In contrast, some risk factors are considered to be modifiable. They are the behaviors and circumstances that can be changed in order to reduce risk, delay onset or altogether prevent arthritis. Here are just a few examples arthritis and related diseases and associated modifiable risk factors:
Osteoarthritis – Maintain a healthy weight
Rheumatoid arthritis – Do not smoke
Gout – Eat a healthful diet, low in sugar, alcohol and purines
In some cases, preventing a prior incident can significantly reduce the risk of arthritis. Avoiding sports injuries through proper equipment, adequate training and safe play can prevent ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tears that may lead to osteoarthritis in a few years or several decades later.
Right now, because scientists don’t fully understand the causes or mechanisms behind these diseases, true prevention seems to be impossible. However, there is real hope that someday some or all types of arthritis and related conditions can be prevented. The breakthroughs may be closer than they seem. Consider this: Many types of arthritis are thought to result from a combination of genetic predisposition and an environmental trigger, such as a virus or toxin. Discovery of the trigger for a type of arthritis may be the key to its prevention, even in someone with genetic risk.
Amenorrhea is the medical condition wherein a woman misses the menstrual periods. Girls aged 15 or more who have not yet started menstruating are at the maximum risk of this condition. The most common cause of amenorrhea is pregnancy. Other causes of amenorrhea include problems concerning the reproductive organs or glands that help to regulate hormone levels. Treatment of the underlying conditions often resolves amenorrhea.
Some of the main causes and solutions of amenorrhea are:
- Dieting: In some women, dieting may cause amenorrhea. This is reversible, simply by eating a balanced diet.
- Anorexia: Women who suffer from anorexia nervosa are highly likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In this case too, the only solution is to eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Obesity: In some women, being overweight can cause amenorrhea. They should restrict the amount of fat consumed and should exercise daily to maintain an ideal body weight.
- Vigourous Exercise: However, extreme exercise is also a cause of amenorrhea. More than 8 hours of vigorous workout, in a week, for a prolonged period of time, can cause amenorrhea. Try to strike a balance between the right kind of exercises and the time devoted to them.
- Emotional stress: Excessive stress can often cause normal menstrual cycles to be disrupted. This can be cured by simply dealing with the cause of stress. Once stress levels come down to normal, so will menstruation.
- Addiction: Excessive consumption of alcohol or smoking of cigarettes can also cause amenorrhea. Maintaining a safe distance from all such intoxicants is advised.
Once the cause of amenorrhea is determined, treatment is directed at correcting the underlying disease, which should restore normal menstruation. In case of any anatomical abnormalities of the genital tract, surgery may be advised. Treatment with medications such as dopamine agonists, Glucophage or oral contraceptives is also helpful. Hormone replacement therapies are used in those cases wherein a lack of estrogen is the cause behind it.
A word of caution
While many individuals and companies have marketed herbal therapies as a successful treatment for amenorrhea, none of these have been conclusively proven to be of help. In fact, some of these have been associated with serious and even fatal side effects, though in rare cases. Some preparations have been found to contain high levels of toxins. Before deciding to take a natural or an alternative remedy for amenorrhea, it is best to seek the advice of a healthcare practitioner.
Amenorrhea is very easily avoidable by eating healthy and balanced diets, exercising moderately, maintaining ideal body weight and avoiding excessive alcohol consumption and smoking.
I am a girl age 21 my weight is just 44. I am suffering from thyroid from last 3 years n my weight is decreasing rapidly. What kind of diet should I take which can increase my weight. N I have hair loss problem. What steps should I take.
Here are some tips on natural birthing
Hi, I am Dr. Renu Yadav. I am a practicing obstretic in Sector 40 and my speciality includes natural birthing, high risk pregnancies, laparoscopic surgery, family planning and gynic surgeries as well. Let's talk about natural birthing.
Today natural birthing is a process in which you give birth without using any help from the medicines or without the epidural anesthesia. It's the most common way. Its I think the best way to deliver a baby without the help of medicines and it's the most beautiful thing to experience if you are pregnant. The labour goes without any kind of complication. The only idea is supporting the lady emotionally throughout the labor process yes definitely it's going to take a long time but trust me on that that it's the most beautiful thing which can happen to a woman.
Natural birthing requires a little bit of preparation as association with the doctor is must. The idea of getting natural birth should be clear in your head because it's you who has to go through it. All the other kind of medical medicines and medical anesthesia are always available for you there is no Doubt in that any point of time. If you feel that you are not prepared to go with it and if it is the pain is unbearable for you. We can always switch to the medicine modality but keeping it natural is I have experienced few deliveries with me and trust me those are the bestest deliveries which I have conducted in my lifetime as a doctor.
Natural birthing needs a preparations from the patient side like in continuous touch with your gynaec, going through some physical exercises, learning yoga during your antenatal time and doing the exercises regularly is the must for natural birthing and as the time approaches you will become more and more confident about the things that you will be able to deal with the labor on your own.
The next important thing is the breathing exercises. The breathing exercises are the must to learn if you want to go for a natural birthing especially the deep breathing exercises in which you open up yourself completely. You breathe through your mouth and breathe out through your mouth. Also is equally important the association between the patient and the doctor should be so strong that the doctor is able to understand the things without the patient even realizing it that it's needed.
Regarding any queries or questions about natural birthing you can contact me through lybrate.com.
Hi doctor, My mom's age is 46. Now a days on during the periods time she is facing the problem such as heavy stomach pain and over flow. We have consulted with doctor but they said some problem in the uterus, we need to operate else possible to cure by medicines but now a days she is baring too much of pain and bleeding also increased. So what kind of therapy need to follow to relief from pain/? Is there any possible chances to cure that problem without an operation? Will you help us?
Meri wife ko 3 months ki baby he delivery ke baad use continue bleeding means periods the jo ki normally hota he uske band hone ke baad use 1st periods aaye par 1 month baad secend period ke time use perio nahi aya jise aaj almost 16 din ho chuke he maine 3 baar pregnancy test kit se test bhi kiya but report negative aai, mujhe tension he ki kahin vo pregnant to nahi aur vo baby ko breast feeding bhi karati he please jald se jald mujhe reply dijiye ki me kaise pata karu ki vo pregnant he ya nai.
I have one child age 7 years. It's complicated pregnancy due to diabetes during pregnancy. Now I am in dilemma whether to conceive for second child or not? Pls suggest me.
You know how it feels when you are in the middle of an important presentation or a meeting and just can't keep your eyes open. You will often come across people who feel sleepy and drowsy throughout the day. Have you ever wondered why do you feel sleepy all the time? There must be some factors or health conditions that trigger this drowsiness. The condition is a serious matter that requires a thorough investigation.
What causes the drowsiness throughout the day?
- Sleep deprivation: One of the major and obvious reasons for feeling sleepy throughout the day can be a lack of sound sleep at night. The trigger could be insomnia or sleep apnea. You wake up feeling tired, sleepy and exhausted throughout the day.
- Depression: Depression, stress (personal as well as professional), anxiety can leave you physically as well as mentally exhausted. As a result, throughout the day you will feel tired and sleepy.
- Chronic Fatigue: This is a condition that can affect people even without them realizing it. A person with chronic fatigue will feel lethargic all the time. In addition to this, there will be muscular and joint ache, headache, lack of concentration. What is even worse, the exact trigger for this condition is not known.
You can also feel sleepy all the time due to certain disorders and medical conditions such as
- Anemia: Anemia, often resulting from an iron or vitamin deficiency can leave you feeling tired. In anemia, the RBCs will be present in reduced amount. The RBC's are responsible for the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the cells and tissues of the body. In the case of anemia, your hemoglobin level will be low causing weakness and drowsiness.
- Diabetes: The harmful effects of diabetes are not new. In diabetes, especially type-2, the body is unable to use the glucose (the concentration shoots up in the blood). In the absence of glucose which is the major source of energy, you will feel sleepy and exhausted.
- Thyroid problems: For your body to function properly, the thyroid hormones should be present in the recommended amount. Any deviation from the normal range can wreak havoc. In the case of the thyroid hormones produced below the normal range, medically termed as Hypothyroidism, the overall metabolic processes in the body slow down. As a result, you end up feeling drowsy and fatigued.
In some cases, dehydration and lack of physical activities can also make you sleepy all day.
How to deal with the situation?
- Lethargy and drowsiness can be effectively managed if you know the underlying factors responsible for the condition. In addition to the medical assistance and treatments,
- Follow a healthy sleep routine (Sleep early and wake up early). Make sure you sleep for 6-8 hours daily.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Drink water and fluids at short intervals.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid getting over stressed. Meditate and exercise regularly without fail.
- Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.