Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. DeepshikhaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am 11 weeks pregnant, from last 2 weeks getting different type of sensation on my back. Its lik electric shock feeling. Frequently im getting this typ of feeling. I dnt kno how to determine this. I do not kno any other name to mention fa it. Im getting this kind of shooting pain wen I walk. Why im getting this kind of sensation on my back. I am scared pls any body help me.
Hello doctor I am from gangtok my daughter have problem. We consult Dr. In gurgaon they told that she have Nephrotic syndrome after treatment she is okay but after five months again protein will come out with urine so please sugest what to do we were going Delhi for the problem.
I had my periods during the 1st week of august and my periods stayed for about 10 days and then on the 26th of august I had unprotected sex but took an ipill within 1 hour but I still haven't had any withdrawal bleeding. Could I be pregnant? When should I take a test?
I have an itchy vagina but no other condition or side effect. Also my pee Goes left since childhood. Never normally. Why's that?
Hi Doctor, My problem is the white liquid discharge rate is too high. 15 days before my periods and after that I face the same prob for quite some time. Please suggest something. Thanks in advance:-)
Today I have also checked with pregnancy kit but it showed omlu strip tat is negative. Pls advise how would I know whether iam pregnant or not as my period has stopped from this dec 8 th till date 15th dec.
Actually sir, my girlfriend monthly periods are not be continues, I means periods are comes irregular intervals in every month some time 35 day / 45 day n some time 25 day. What I do ?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods
1 missing breakfast.
2 over eating.
4 high sugar consumption.
5 more sleeping specially at morning.
6 eating meal while watching tv or computer.
7 wearing cap / scarf or socks while sleeping.
8 more brain usage during sickness.
9. Over speaking.
10habit of blocking /stoping urine.