Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepmala AhujaYour feedback matters!
I am 8 weeks pregnant. My Dr. has told me to have naturogest Sr 400. My tablet got over and couldn't get in any of the medical shop. I have missed the dose for 1 day. I hope everything will be fine please suggest.
Sir my age is 46 years. And age of my wife is 44 years. We have one baby of 11 years. I am doing intercourse with my wife with out any precautions from last 13 years. I never drop my semen into her vagina. We have no disease. We both are ok. Please suggest me is it right or wrong.
Hi Dr, I am 25 years old. I have great passion about sex. Few days back me and my girlfriend met after so many months, we both participated in sex nearly 6 times in a day (with condom) Does it leads any side effect for us. Please advice!
Hi, What natural remedies are there for heart burn during pregnancy What natural remedies for nausea during pregnancy after 3 months.
Hello sir or maam. Main 17 years ki hu and maine kal apne boy friend ke sang sex kiya tha 1: 30PM pe and after sex maine unwanted tablet khali thi jab main ghar aae or washroom gayi to mujhe blooding hui mujhe laga ki mere period start hogaye hai but uske baad abhi tak blooding hui hai hai. Main kya karu. Mujhe bahot darr lag raha. Aasa kyo hua. Kya koi dikkat hai mujhe.
My problem is sex related mujhe sex ko icha nahi hoti, pani bhi nahi aata jai kuch bhi karo aur kabho aata hai to thodi der me khatam ho jaya hai.
Me and my wife had unprotected intercourse and taken ipill with in 24 hours of time hence we are not ready for children as of now but can we continue unprotected sex after having the tablet and is there any risk of pregnancy if so please tell me what we can do instead (as I am aware that there will be more side effects for daily control pil) but we like to continue having sex (due to my partner wish) please advice can we proceed like wise.
During the 1st month of age, I fed my baby every 2 hrs in a day. She is in 2nd month now. Do I continue feeding like this? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
I am 24 years old and I have pcod and my periods are very irregular my doctor gave me some medicine to start my periods and ginette 35 to regularize my periods but even after taking ginette from 2nd day I have been spotting for more than 10 days and now doctor gave me some tranexamic acid tablets. But now I am fed up this tablets. Tell me what to do. Should I take this medicine?
Hi, I have two girlfriends and we three want to have threesome sex, with kissing and licking each others penis, vagina and private parts. Also as far as I know, none of us have any std disease. So is there any chance of me getting aids or any other std disease?
Hi, my mother is 50 years old she is feeling lots weakness in body her health is getting down day by day & her diet also very poor we got her blood test also in the report everything is fine I want to ask can we give her iron calcium tablets or tonics I would like to be happy if you will suggest something better.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi I am 22 years old, I am suffering from pcos problem past 1 year but havent been treated properly. I have consulted both gynecologist and an endocrinologist to leave no doors closed. Can someone please guide if pcos/pcod is a gyn or an endocrine related issue?
My wife is a lactating mother and has given birth to a baby boy 3 months back. On 4th or 5th Nov we had unprotected sex and as a preventive measure she took i-pill. On 8th she had her 1st menstrual cycle started after delivery. On 12th we again had unprotected sex. Now we are concern. Please advise way forward and risk associated and what medicine to take.
I am 25years age m suffering with white discharge since 2 years n fish smell. . I just need female drs. please.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship.
My doctor advised me to take "Tab Siphene" on day two of my period. Is it ok to take it on day two or three.
I am 12 week pregnant & I am suffering from cold & cough allergic problem doctor prescribed me cetrizine azithromycin 500 mg for 5 days than cefixime with potassium clavilanate 200 mg deflazacort 6 mg for 10 days what should I do should I take these medicines or not.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.