Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepmala Ahuja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepmala AhujaYour feedback matters!
Hello I wanted to postpone my periods and hence taken tablets after consulting. Not since past 4 days I am seeing spotting but not experiencing flow. Though I am getting menstruation cramps and pain Is this normal?
Healthy diet for working women: Many a times, working women due to their busy schedules seem to forget to have a healthy diet and tend to munch on unhealthy food items during their work hours. This should be avoided and working women should pay a heed to what they are eating so that you can avoid complications later. So here are some healthy diet tips suggested by a working woman herself, a Lucknow dietician and the best dietician in India. Healthy diet for working women:
- Carry a healthy and homemade lunch to office: Prepare a healthy lunch at home and carry it to your office. For this, the best dietician in India says that include all the nutrients in your lunch. Include veggies, rotis, rice and dal, and a salad to your tiffin box. Lucknow dietician, Dr Surabhi Jain, best diet plan, diet for weight loss
- Avoid packed foods: If you get hungry during your work hours and feel like munching on something then do not go for processed and packed foods. Instead, Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India suggests you to carry a fruit or some dry fruits and nuts with you to eat when you feel like munching. Lucknow dietician, Dr Surabhi Jain, best diet plan, diet for weight loss
- Limit the number of cups of coffee and tea you drink: Offices usually have coffee machines and access to tea as well. The best dietician in India says that because of this, working women tend to drink a number of cups of coffee and tea. Try to limit this amount to just one cup per day or even better, none at all. Lucknow dietician, Dr Surabhi Jain, best diet plan, diet for weight loss
- Don’t skip breakfast: No matter how much of a hurry you are in, the best dietician in India says that the most important meal of the day i.e. breakfast should not be missed. A good, healthy breakfast will help in keeping you energetic all day. Lucknow dietician, Dr Surabhi Jain, best diet plan, diet for weight loss
- Dinner: Yes, the Lucknow dietician agrees that you might get exhausted and hungry after a long day’s work. And you might put any food in your mouth that comes in front of you just to fight hunger. But the best dietician in India says that it is important to stay mindful and pay attention to what you are eating for your dinner as well. Again, eat healthy and nutrient-packed food for your dinner. Lucknow dietician, Dr Surabhi Jain, best diet plan, diet for weight loss Lucknow dietician says that working women should follow this diet plan for gaining the best of health
Hi Dr. my frend has a pcod prb thn she consult with Dr. she tell her to take asmita for 3 month she take tht pills thn period come one time thn in april she do sex without condom it was not proper sex but only one time his bf do the inside thn from the next day she take asmita as a precaution to not pregnant thn after 21 days taking the medicine she wait for period thn after 21 days she take the pregnancy test thn it shows negative thn her period come but on the first day the flow was like it is last day to less bleeding was come wht was that can you please guide us is there any prob like pregnancy n all wht was tht.
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 25,000 to 5,00,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Magnesium is one of those minerals that are used by every organ of your body, particularly the most hard working organs of your body viz. muscles, heart, kidney, liver and bones. Magnesium is drastically reduced in liver disorders or in an alcoholic's body. It is most important for bones. Its deficiency can cause Osteoporosis. In fact, any unexplained reasons for fatigue, pain, muscle spasms, eye-twitching or abnormal heart rhythms can be attributed to lack of magnesium. And most of the times it is remains undiscovered since it is distributed across the blood-stream, which makes it difficult to test in the first place.
These symptoms can give you a fair idea when to see a doctor for magnesium deficiency.
1) Early Signs - Early signs of magnesium deficiency includes numbness and tingling, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, personality changes and coronary spasms.
2) Gynaecology Issues and Infertility - If the deficiency isn’t treated in the first place, it can lead you to a variety of other problems, such as gynaecology issues like PMS, infertility and pre-eclampsia, osteoporosis.
3) Chronic conditions - It can lead to problems like chronic back pain, Raynaud’s syndrome, migraine or nerve problems.
4) Hypertension and Bowel Diseases- It is also a responsible factor behind hypertension, hypoglycaemia, insomnia, bowel diseases, depression and other problems.
What Should You Do?
To generally up the magnesium levels, you should have plant based nutrients on regular basis, such as fruits and vegetables. Make sure that it is balanced with Vitamin K2 and D along with magnesium, to ensure overall health. However, you must take doctor's advice when it is a confirmed case of the deficiency.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media