Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepmala Ahuja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepmala AhujaYour feedback matters!
Hi Ye kese pata chal sakta hh mujhe type 1sugar h ya type 2 at present I am taking glimster m1aur jab pregnant the to insulin morning me 26 units and evening 32 units vese vo pregnancy kharab ho gaee 12 dec ko clear kara diya tha aur ab family planning ktna time ruk kar karne chaiye 2bar kharab ho gaee pregnancy 1 year me pehle ectopic ho gae to 1tube removed hh 2nd pregnancy me groth naii hui babyvki 2monthss bad clearv kara dia.
Ocimum tenuiflorum (also known as Ocimum sanctum, Tulsi). It is an secret, much branched subshrub 30-60cm tall, with simple opposite green or purple leaves that are strongly scented, and hairy stems. Leaves have petioles, and are ovate, up to 5cm long, usually somewhat toothed. Flowers are purplish in elongate racemes in close whorls. Holy basil (Tulsi) is native throughout the Old World tropics and widespread as a cultivated plant and an escaped weed. Holy basil is cultivated for religious and medicinal purposes, and for its essential oil. There are two main morphotypes cultivated in India, green-leaved and purple-leaved.
Holy basil is a common name of a world-renowned herb Tulsi which can be found almost in very home in India. It has both therapeutic as well as general usage.
The Health Benefits of Holy Basil Tulsi as follows:
Respiratory problems - Holy Basil is very effective in treating cold and its related disorders. It is a boon for respiratory tract disorders. It helps in treating all the disorders that are related to our throat
Headaches - Tulsi is very helpful in relieving headaches and body pain. It has certain properties that helps in releasing spasm in the muscles hence is extremely helpful in relaxing the body.
Abdominal disorders - Holy basil is one of the most potent herbs for abdominal disorders. Holy basil is very helpful in improving the appetite. In also has some mild laxative properties therefore helps in evacuation of the bowel.
Inflammation - Tulsi is considered a good herb that has the anti-inflammatory properties. It is very effective in suppressing any kind of edema that happens in the body.
Heart diseases - Tulsi is useful in curing heart related problems. It provides strength to the heart muscles and also helps in improving the blood circulation. It also helps in improving the blood supply to heart muscles. it is also helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
Holy Basil Extract :
Menstrual Disorder : Taken with some seeds of tulsi with water.
Resiparatory Problem : Take daily early morning chewing some tulsi leaves or juice.
Diabetes : Take some root of tulsi power kept in hot water overnight and take early morning empty stomach.
An earache : Tulsi leave drops very useful for an earache.
Abdominal Disorder in Children : Take Tulsi juice mixed with ginger juice early morning.
Fever : Take tulsi leave powder, dried ginger, and sugar with hot water.
Hair Lice Problem : Take tulsi seed with castor oil daily.
Prevent Cancer : Take some tulsi leaves daily, it reduce suffers from cancer.
Which kind of food to be consumed by breastfeeding moms after c-section and planning surgery and what should be avoided in order to not to put on calories.
Dear Sir/Madam, please advice what precaution should take while planning for pregnancy i.e.food. As I am working so please guide. Is there any special care from Ovulation period till periods date as I want to conceive. please advice about excursion too.
Hi. I had taken my ivf treatment my embroys transfer was done on 2nd feb 2017 now I am 6 weeks pregnant. In transvaginal scan my doctor saw only G sac and foetal pole but no heartbeat yet. Is there something to worry after ivf.
Is urine infection is the reason I am not getting pregnant please guide I wanna conceive asap its been 5 months I am married.
A group of inflammatory diseases in the middle ear is termed as otitis media. When this problem persists more than a period of three months, it is known as chronic suppurative otitis media which can be described as a chronic inflammation of the mastoid cavity and middle ear. It is characterized by discharge from the ear. This happens because the tympanic membrane becomes perforated.
The phenomenon can be categorized into two, safe and unsafe CSOM and they are determined on the basis of whether or not cholesteatoma, which is an abnormal growth of skin in the middle ear, is present. The safe CSOM can be further subdivided into inactive and active depending on whether an infection is present or not. And the unsafe CSOM involves cholesteatoma which is non-malignant but can cause a destructive lesion on the base of the skull.
What are the causes of CSOM?
CSOM or chronic suppurative otitis media is mostly seen in people with chronic mastoiditis as a result of bacterial infection. It may stem from erosion of middle ear walls and the mastoid cavity which, in turn, can cause exposure of the jugular bulb, facial nerve, lateral sinus and temporal lobe dura.
What are the signs and symptoms of chronic suppurative otitis media?
Chronic suppurative otitis media presents itself with leakage from the affected ear. It also includes the possible history of traumatic perforation along with insertion of grommets and otorrhea which may or may not include otalgia or fever. Other symptoms of the disease include vertigo, otalgia, and fever. Your doctor would be able to rule out intracranial or intratemporal complication which is essential for the treatment of the disease. Some people also suffer from hearing loss in the affected ear, and you should ask your doctor regarding the impact of the problem on work and daily living.
On the other hand, the signs of the disease may include oedematousness of the external auditory canal which is not generally tender. Granulation tissue is also seen in the median canal or the ear space in the middle ear.
When there is postauricular swelling or facial paralysis or vertigo or mastoiditis, it is imperative to arrange for urgent assessment or evaluation with a team of ENT experts. The patient must keep the affected ear clean and dry as far as practicable. The instances of life-threatening complications from the disease have been reduced to a great extent with the introduction of sulfonamides and penicillin. According to the medical principles, the primary aim of managing the disease includes eradicating the infection and closure of tympanic perforation. With the help of proper treatment, your doctor would be able to reduce the intensity of hearing loss and a constant threat of microbial infection in the middle portion of the ear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)