Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika Rastogi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika RastogiYour feedback matters!
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am a girl.I am afraid of heaving sex for the first time as it is very painfull.Plss tell me if there is any medicine to reduce the pain
My periods are late by 5 days I do not know I am pregnant or not should I keep my physical relation with my husband or not.
Hello sir, my age is 27, I was married at 22 I have a child 5 year old, now I am planing for second from few month. But no result.
7 reasons why papaya is so good for you
The gift of Mexicans to the world, papaya or papita is a native of central America. Christopher Columbus nicknamed it as 'fruit of the angel' owing to its heavenly taste and out of the world aroma.
Papaya is loaded with several nutrients such as vitamin a, e, c and folic acid which make it beneficial for our health. It is easily available in the market throughout the year. Here are some of the health benefits that the fruit has to offer:
1. Lowers cholesterol
Papaya is rich in vitamin c, which prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in arteries. Vitamin c is an excellent reducing agent, therefore, blocks the oxidation of cholesterol. The oxidation leads to cholesterol deposition in arteries. High cholesterol is linked to higher risks of heart attack. Eat a combination of papaya and oatmeal in the morning for a healthy breakfast.
2. Improves digestion
The fruit contains an enzyme called papain, which facilitates protein breakdown in the stomach allowing proper absorption of nutrients. Eating papaya after a meal will keep your tummy fit and fine as it prevents bloating and indigestion.
3. Helps in weight loss
To lose the extra kilos, the digestive system must function properly and this is where papaya proves to be beneficial. As stated above the digestive properties of the fruit makes it an excellent fat burner. You can have papaya smoothie for your breakfast. Just mix mashed papaya with milk and drink. Add some fruits to the shake to make it yummy.
4. Delays ageing
This attribute of papaya might have forced Columbus to name it as the fruit of the angel. Eating half a papaya daily delays the aging process. The antioxidant beta-carotene present in it plays the role of the anti-aging agent. To bring a glow on your skin you can use the papaya- honey mask. Mash half a papaya and mix it with 4 spoons of honey to make a paste. Now apply this on your face and neck and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Finally, rinse it with cold water.
5. Boosts immunity
Since it is rich in vitamin c, it is an excellent immunity booster. A medium sized papaya contains more than 100% of the daily requirement of vitamin c. So, it's a must have fruit for those suffering from fever or flu.
6. Improves vision
Papaya being rich in carotenoids, the fruit is excellent eye insurance. Carotenoids, help against age-related eye disease such as macular degeneration- a condition that causes blindness. Try to eat at least 3 or more servings of papaya to reap maximum benefits.
7. Fights cancer
Red-fleshed papayas contain a high dose of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease. One cup of it contains over 2500 micrograms of lycopene. So, have a cup of red fleshed papayas every day to fight cancer.