Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika RastogiYour feedback matters!
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
Hi. I'm 29 years old I've undergone ectopic rupture surgery on 22nd sept. Before 10 days prior to surgery I was suggested misoprost by OB because even after two three usg it was not detected and detected after CT scan. Is it possible? But after 4 weeks I still have very much weakness and tiredness. How long this weakness will continue. When will I have my periods back?
Last week I had sex with a married women with any protection for about 3 minutes. Do I need to fear from any disease? Please reply to it it's very important. Is there any chances of happening STD disease? Please reply to this question as soon as possible.
I am 25 years female .i am suffering from smelly vagina and something yellow discharge from last one month I have taken medicine too but no relief from it plzz suggest.
After taking trigger my follicle on day 15th and 16th the dominant follicle got partially ruptured (its only shrink in size. Dr. told me there is a mild fluid in POD and haemorrhagic cyst. Do I need another trigger for rupture? Is there is a chance to become pregnant in this cycle?
My wife had two cysts in ovary both the sides. Last year in october we went to forte shalimar bagh and she was operated and both the cysts were removed. But last month when we again checked through ultrasound, two cysts on both ovary sides have come again. Now she is unable to conceive as we are trying for the same from the last one year. We have eight years baby boy but wanted to have one more but unable to go for it. What should we do now?
Isabgol is the best natural laxative which can be used safely in pregnancy. During the pregnancy, hormone progesteron is responsible for constipation which causes relaxation of all smooth muscles of body including intestine. So the movement of food along the intestine slows down that allows the water in the food to be absorbed almost totally from the intestine, so that the end product reach the rectum is less bulky, hard and difficult to expel.
Isabgol is a bulk forming laxative so more water should be consumed with it.
What will happened if periods came earlier than it's normal time after sex? Just after sex her periods came on next day. What is this. And sign of pregnancy?
My name is sonam I had pain in my vagina and some white liquid is coming out from it for 3or 4 days so tell me about that problem.
DigestiveHealth_newRecent research suggests that people who sleep poorly are at a greater risk of severe poor health.
Poor sleep can trigger inflammation in your body including your digestive system. A study published in the Nutrition in Clinic Practice reported that inflammation is linked to major degenerative diseases.
A study published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology reported that poor sleep was associated with inflammation of the digestive tract in individuals with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Poor sleeping habits was found to play a role in the seriousness of the disease.
Another study publised in the Digestive Disease and Sciences Journal found that Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS) symptoms was linked to a disturbance in sleep.
How much Sleep Do You Really Need?
The amount of sleep you need varies from person to person. A study published in the Sleep Health Journal recommends the following sleep duration:
Newborns should sleep between 14 and 17 hours.
infants should sleep between 12 and 15 hours.
toddlers should sleep between 11 and 14 hours.
Preschoolers should sleep between 10 and 13 hours,
School-aged children should sleep between 9 and 11. hours.
Teenagers should sleep between 8 to 10 hours.
Young adult and adults should sleep between 7 to 9 hours.
Older adults (65 years and above) should sleep between 7 to 8 hours.
Tips to Improve Your Sleep
It is important to consider sleep as a priority. Here are 5 tips to improve your sleep:
Practice going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, this will go a long way in restoring your natural sleep rhythm.
Make sure you have your last meal 3 hours before you go to bed
Ensure there is complete darkness in your room.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime
Get rid of all anxiety and worry don’t take it to bed with you.
Hello, i am 23 years old and i am an house wife, I am unable run even for 5 minutes, some times I have body pains too.
Hi doctor, 2 years before I took misoprostol 3 times difrance of 4 or 5 months .and now I am trying to conceive but not possible. I got checkup but everything is normal. Then what is this problem to get pregnant. Please help me. And tell me proper medicine to get pregnant fastly. My age 23 years.
I did sex on 15 may and took ipill and got my periods on 18 may it lasted till 24 may. Now its 25 June I haven't got my periods. I am worried I don't want to be pregnant please help me. When cl I get my periods. Why my periods is delayed.
She has missed her m c which was on 6th March. She is pregnant but suffering from cold for last 2 days. What should she do to become healthy? We do not want any harm to baby.
I love a girl more than me and she too. We also date 2-3 times. We are going to marry in next 2-3 year but the only problem is that her age is 1 year more than me. She is 20 and I'm just 19. Is there any problem in future physically or sasexually or any other problem in our relationship? Sir please help me.
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.