Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika Mahendru
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika MahendruYour feedback matters!
Powerful therapist, There is magic in her practice
When I record my voice and listen to that so It Sounds as I am speaking through my nose and it really pisses me off. I can't speak clearly and many words stuck im mouth pls let me how can I get over on this and I have nasal allergy problem as well.
I have stammering problem from class 3 onwards and I me and parents had consulted many doctors but still now I am not getting well from my stammering problem. Soo please help me.
I am having problem to speak clearly because whenever I speak water comes in my mouth and I have problem to speak clearly.
I am 22 year old jobless male. I am a mechanical graduate. I lost interest in life. I am not in present. I am very inactive. I have a lot of fear that I may lose in life. Always thinking bad things in heart. Please tell me any suggestion. I don't have dare to go in public and speak. Please tell me what should I do?
Hi sir. I suffer from severe chest pains and pains at the back of my head, memory loss, speech difficulty, internal body heat, difficulties in moving. I have been masturbating for over 12 years today. What disease could be the possible cause of my problems?
Hi I am 18. I can sing in two voice in high and low pitch. But I noticed from past week that whenever I sing in soft voice its fine but whenever I try to sing or talk in pure adult voice it break and cracks too much. Is there something wrong with my voice? Is it maturing or what?
Sir I am 28 year old lady sir from 1 month my tongue get fold when I want to speak and I can't speak clearly.
I am 17 years old. I am suffering from stammering problem from my childhood. Can you suggest me some medicine or tips that can be helpful for me.
I am suffering from a stammering problem so sir/mam please suggest me and give guide lines regarding this problem.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!