Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika Goyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hi, Sir unwanted 72 in 24 hours me dene ke bad if kuch dino me me bleeding hoti hai to vo period hai ki kuch aur Bleeding hone ke bad koi pregnancy ka problem to ni hota? Please suggest.
I am at 7 weeks pregnant. I have slight pain in abdominal and vagina. I don’t have any bleeding or spotting. Any issues please let me know. I am really worried.
I had a sex with my gf but we use precaution while having sex. And she is not having period of this month. But the thing is when we had a sex last month I gave her unwanted 72 and she had a period in her normal date after that again she had a period for 12 to 13 days but now this month she has a date of his period which is 6th august but today is 10 august she doesn't have is period. So is there any chance of pregnancy?
We had unprotected sex, she missed the periods last 4 days back, having pain in lower abdominal, we tested pregnancy, it is positive, what we should do now for pain?
Stretchmarks are types of scars, that develop when the kind stretches or tends to shrink quickly. They occur especially when the skin reaches the peak of its elasticity and can’t expand any more. Weight gain due to pregnancy or puberby, is one of the primary reasons behind the occurrence of stretch marks. The connective tissue breaks in and collagen, which is the primary structural protein found in skin, found deep underneath the skin of individuals.
Though stretch marks are quite common but things become really become tough for people to accept, especially during summer, when more skin is exposed. They do not cause any pain to individuals but can affect as person’s confidence and self-esteem. Keeping the areas covered in front of public is not always possible, hence have to take necessary precautions every time, before going out.
Various Derma Treatment Options
There are various innovative treatments in dermatology, which help get rid of stretchmarks. Those include:
- Fractional Laser: The very first option that we look at for treating the problem of stretchmarks, is through fractional laser. This a very fast and easy treatment method. The patient satisfaction rating is high and the laser, which gets used, is controlled in an precise manner. The therapy works well on any part of the body and can help treat new as well as old stretch marks. The process involves, application of an anesthetic cream on the skin, for close to half an hour, then wash off. Then a gliding gel would allow the robotic hand piece to glide over the skin. A cooling machine is used to ensure that the individual feels comfortable. The skin would be red in colour up to 5 days after treatment. It is important, while choosing a skin to perform this fractional laser treatment, to ensure that he or she is properly trained. It is advisable to ask for some pictures as proof to show the existence of stretch marks and then removal of those, after he has performed this treatment on individuals.
- Retinoid Creams: Retinoid creams are those which can also help improve the appearance of stretch marks but only if they still pink or red in colour. These creams help in rebuilding the collagen in the skin, which would allow making the skin get back its normal look.
- Blue Light Therapy: This therapy works best on those having newer stretch marks. Individuals would come across improvements in their skin but it does not guarantee complete stretch mark removal.
- Chemical Peels: Individuals suffering problem of stretch marks can get their problems solved through the use of chemical peels. This involves, applying a chemical solution to the skin, thus help remove the skin’s top layer. This gives rise to the activation of newer skin cells, providing a fresher look to the skin.
- Microdermabrasion: One of the effective methods in dermatology to remove stretch marks is, microdermabrasion. This is done through a hand held device, which would blow crystals onto the skin and hence get it polished. The crystals would then get vacuumed up with skin’s dead cells, thereby revealing newer looking skin.
Fertility in women can be affected because of various external or internal reasons. It is good to understand the problems since this fast becoming a very common problem.
The causing factors usually include -
1. Ovulation problems - One reason for female infertility is when eggs don't mature in the ovaries. This is known as ovulation problems. Possible symptoms of this are absent or irregular periods and the possible solution is keeping a check on body weight, taking fertility drugs and/or having IVF.
2. Uterus problem - There are tissues, known as endometrial tissues which form the lining of the uterus. When they grow outside the uterus, it is called endometriosis and can be a reason for infertility. While some women have no symptoms of this, some have painful periods. Fertility drugs, ivf and surgery to remove the tissue are its possible solutions.
3. Pcos - Pcos or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is of late one of the most common reasons of female infertility. It is characterised by unpredictable ovarian patterns and hormonal imbalances. Possible symptoms are acne, obesity, irregular periods, and excessive hair growth. Weight loss, changes in lifestyle, injected fertility drugs, ivf and ovarian drilling are its possible solutions.
4. Damaged fallopian tubes - Some women have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. This situation leads to stds and pelvic inflammatory diseases. There are no symptoms as such and the methods of solution are surgery to open the tubes and if that is not possible, to remove the tubes and try ivf.
5. Unidentified reasons - There are many unexplained fertility problems where none of the above mentioned problems exist. In such situations, fertility drugs - with or without artificial insemination or ivf are advised.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.