Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika BhakedaYour feedback matters!
What is erythroblastosis fetalis?
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I am 30 years old and using OPK to conceive. We have sex 4 days continuously after getting a positive. How many months should I try before consulting doctor in case if I do not conceive?
Baby aaj kal tak ghum raha tha likin aaj ultrasound karne ke baad doctor bata raha he bacha ghum nehi raha he or uska heart kaam nehi kar raha he .hum kya kare.
I am b positive and my wife is also b positive can we have complications for having a baby I heard that same blood group creates complications in baby.
I have pcod and thyroid, taking treatment for thatrecently in scan I got to know I have fibroid of 1 cm and taking medicine for that form 1 month. Will fibroid cure with medicine?
What is the benefits and harmful effects of taking eggs during pregnancy? I am 12 week pregnant should I have to consume eggs for the better foetal development if yes then how much in a day?
Hi doc. I was diagnosed with severe vaginal fungal infection yest and prescribed Clingen vaginal suppository tablets for 7 days. I inserted one Clingen last night but I got my period this morning. Should I continue using the vaginal able or discontinue during my period and resume once its over? I can't reach my gynaec. Just FYI I was also prescribed 2 doses of oral forcan 150 tablets. Thanks in advance.
I had sex with my bf. But now my marriagebis fix. I want to know how to tighten the vagina walls n muscle. My friend suggest me to use Alum by dissolving it in water she uses it and her vagina become tight. please hellp me do not tell me kegel exercise I m doing it. please help me is alum really worked. As in indian most women n girls use it.
My daughter, ruchi, 22 yrs, is having a problem of poly cystic ovaries, for which she has been prescribed Diane 35. Is the medicines only solution or any not solution for this.
After unprotected sex a day after periods, an ipill was taken within 24 hours. Is there chance of pregnancy?
I'm a 30-year-old female. I have irregular menses problem, I attained menopause at the age 11 ever since I have this problem. I consulted with gynecologist and they usually place me on pills for two months it will be regular then it will be irregular again. Two months back I consulted ayurvedic doctor he put me on some pills as I didnt got my periods for 4 months. After those pills I got periods but not stopped till now. I consulted the doctor again he gave some other pills but no use. My periods are thck-jelly not heavy but light. Please help.
I am at age of 47, may be in menopause stage. How to stop bleeding totally to attend some functions. Means how to plan to postponeBecause now am getting irregular periods. Give some suggestions...
I am 27 year old female and got pimple near anus. I scratched it and then it spread to the outer lips of vagina. I took fas 3 kit bcz of which I went through severe constipation for 4 days. Fifth day cleared and sixth day period started and today 4th day of periods with outer lips infected. Uncontrollable itching. What do I do? Really tired.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.