Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Her last date of periods was 5thh of april and w had done unprotected sex on 14th of April after 2 hours of sex I give an ipill to her coz there was something goes inside her vagina soo please tell me she is secure or and today suddenly she has fever of 99degree and started vomiting is she pregnant?
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
You are just a few weeks away from the greatest joy of your life. As you keep counting moments, do not be afraid. The journey to the greatest joy can be a joyride too. Your doctor will take care ot your worries, clear all tour doubts. Just follow some simple dietary and exercise regimens, maintain basic hygiene and it will make things a lot easier for you.
1. Exercise regularly, after consulting your doctor e. G. Walking, yoga and meditation.
2. Maintain personal hygiene by bathing, brushing teeth, trimming nails regularly.
3. Wear clean, loose, comfortable clothes.
4. Keep surroundings clean.
5. Get enough sleep, minimum 8 hours.
6. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and take them regularly.
The doctor will ask you to:
#take medications like folic acid during months 1-3, iron & calcium supplement from the 4th month onwards.
# get 2 tetanus toxoid (tt) injections after the 5th month, 4 weeks apart
# get your blood and urine tests done.
7. Visit your doctor for routine check up every month.
In case of emergencies such as severe abdominal pain or cramps, leaking of fluids from the vaginas even if there is no pain, swelling of feet or hands, bleeding from the vagina & decrease of foetal movement, contact your doctor.
1. Smoking & smoke filled surrounding, lifting heavy weights, wearing high heels.
2. Long journeys, crowded transport and bumpy rides. Consult your doctor before travelling.
3. Sex if you have unexplained bleeding, history of miscarriage or premature labour, pregnancy with twins or triplets or disorders of the placenta.
Consult your doctor regarding sex during pregnancy.
4. Getting up suddenly from the bed if you feel dizzy or giddy. First turn to the side, sit and then stand up slowly.
1. Avoid consumption of coffee, tea, preservatives (e. G ajinomoto, alcohol, spicy and fried foods.
2. Avoid excess taking salt intake in case of history of hypertension.
3. Take a diet that is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins. Foods that are rich in nutrients and could be taken during pregnancy are -
-proteins - milk, pulses, legumes, nuts, cheese, whole grains, soybean, egg, meat.
Green leafy vegetables, dry fruits, whole grains, dates, lean red meat, fish, poultry.
Berries, green leafy vegetables, beans, orange juice, broccoli, nuts, fortified cereals
Green leafy vegetables, milk & milk products like cheese, ice cream, curd, fish.
Oil, ghee, sweets in small quantities.
Vitamins, minerals- fruits (2-4 servings daily, vegetables (3 -5 servings daily)
Nausea, vomiting & acidity are common during pregnancy and can be managed by taking toast, biscuits, frequent small meals, medications and plenty of fluids.
Average weight gain during pregnancy
1st trimester: 1 kg
2nd trimester: 5 kg
3rd trimester: 5 kg
Total: 11 kg minimum
The weight gain depends on your weight prior to pregnancy.
Hi, I am in end of my 5th months (21st week) of my pregnancy. Because of nausea and vomiting my doc prescribed me ondem-4 & Histac-150 tablets during my first trimester. Still I have to continue these tablets daily before lunch (only once in a day) because of nausea and acidity. Is these tablets safe? Can I take them daily and throughout my pregnancy? Please suggest me.
I am 25 years, female and have been attending gym for last one year but my weight didn't reduce. I have pcod and weight increased after puberty. Can I opt for ayurvedic massage for obesity and pcod ?
Hi. Every month 14 days before period I get breast tenderness a lot. It's really very uncomfortable for me. And also I get depression and angry as well. Breast tenderness more than worse for me. We are trying to get pregnant since three months. But I did not get pregnancy. Is this hormonal imbalance or not? I have regular periods.
What course do you suggest for curing polycystic ovaries in an otherwise healthy 23 year old. What are its disadvantages. Worried sufferer.
I am 26 years old married women. After intercourse semen gets out from my vagina because I feel very wet and it's smell like that. We are trying for pregnancy from last six months and have sex during ovulation period. I am taking folic acid tabs. Please suggest.
If you are having problems conceiving, you are not alone; around one in seven couples has difficulty.
Infertility is often thought of as a female concern, but in fact in a third of the cases, it is because of male problems, such as a low sperm count.
Male infertility is a condition wherein a man is unable to cause a successful pregnancy in a perfectly fertile woman. Male infertility usually stems from deficiencies in the semen (relating to poor sperm count or low sperm motility).
On the other hand, female infertility is as a condition wherein a woman is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term or conceive after an entire year of having unprotected sexual intercourse.
What causes infertility?
Causes of Male Infertility:
Blockage or obstruction either in the production of sperm or its motility leads to infertility. This problem is caused by various factors such as prostate infections or vasectomy (a surgical procedure used for birth control in men).
Difficulty in the production of sperm, either due to genetic or chromosomal causes, can lead to this condition. Damage to the testes or the condition of undescended testes can also result in this disorder.
Hormonal problems caused due to anabolic steroid (a synthetic steroidal hormone with effects similar to those of testosterone) abuse or pituitary tumors (tumors of the endocrine gland) are other factors responsible for male infertility.
Other factors that may play a part in infertility include:
having had inflamed testes (orchitis)
a past bacterial infection that caused scarring and blocked tubes within the epididymis as it joins the vas
having received medical treatment such as drug treatment, radiotherapy or surgery – for example to correct a hernia, undescended testes or twisted testicles
lifestyle factors such as being overweight or having a job that involves contact with chemicals or radiation.
Male fertility is also thought to decline with age, although to what extent is unclear.
Causes of Female Infertility:
Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders account for about 25% cases of female infertility. This happens either because of under-secretion or other problems in the secretion of the reproductive hormone by the pituitary gland.
Tubal infertility: The fallopian tubes allow the eggs to travel from ovaries to the uterus. Any blockage or obstruction of these tubes results in infertility, owing do the fact that the eggs or the ova do not reach the uterus. Certain factors such as pelvic inflammation (infections of the uterus) can result in the blockage of the fallopian tubes.
Other factors that may play a part include:
age – female fertility declines sharply after the age of 35
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
gynaecological problems such as previous ectopic pregnancy or having had more than one miscarriage
medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, and thyroid and bowel diseases
lifestyle factors such as stress, being overweight or underweight, and smoking.
Treatment Methods for Males:
Surgery can correct blockage or obstruction in the testes.
Gonadotropin treatment is a treatment method to develop sperm production. This includes injectable medicines which comprise of both the hormones, Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). This mode of treatment has been found to improve sperm motility, morphology and count.
Varicocele treatment method is the enlargement of a varicose vein (swollen or twisted vein) in the scrotum (testicles). The objective of this treatment is to correct abnormal sperm shape.
Treatment Methods for Females:
Fertility stimulating drugs: Fertility restoring drugs are known to induce ovulation in women who have ovulation disorders. They tend to work like hormone stimulators such as the luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) which trigger ovulation.
Surgical process: There are surgical treatment methods available to boost female fertility. Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that reduces or corrects abnormalities related to pregnancy
I am 4 months pregnant which are all food can I take to improve my health and gives relief from fatigue.
Sir I am 26 year old and have a baby of 6 month, just now I have terminated by unwanted pregnancy and while done ultrasound of uterus then found 2.5cm fibroid over uterus. Previously I have suffered from fibroid in unmarried age 2.5 year ago So please suggest what is the cause of formation fibroid and treatment of it.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
Hi sir I am 37 years older, actually my wife some time suffer with white problem, when that time we are start sex I am suffered with red bubbles and white layer with itch and flame, but lost 15 days I am suffered continuously very highly, please give me solution.
We often wander around, spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which causes the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens Teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth, thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it a tough for the yeast-causing dandruff to grow. Mix a cup of vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, some Japanese studies show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure.