Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepali Singh Bisht
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepali Singh BishtYour feedback matters!
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
When a girl is pregnant Nd she is doing sex then there will be chances of any problem? and what the problem create in a boy and girl?
डिअर मेम मेरी शादी 22 जनवरी को हुई है कुछ दिन सेक्स किआ 10 वे दिन मेरा टाइम पीरियड आ गया तो प्लीज आप बताये क्या करे?कुछ और जानकारी भी चाइये 1.बिना कोंडोम कब सेक्स कर सकते हे? 2.रोजाना कोंडोम के साथ सेक्स करने से कोई प्रॉब्लम हो सकती है क्या? 3.कोंडोम के अलावा कोई और तरीका है जिसे सेफ सेक्स किया जा सके?4.टाइम पीरियड में भी सैक्स कर सकते हे क्या?
I Am pregnant now. 10 weeks is running. Am having lower abdominal pain while sitting, long standing, and position changing times all. Sometimes dark discharge is coming. But my latest sonography is good. Babies heart rate also quite normal. Then why it happens? My past history is Hyperprolactemia and pcod.
Nature calls are to be attended to, no doubt, but when it is a fart, most feel embarrassed. On an average, humans fart fourteen times a day which they generally either control or excuse themselves, but helpless when the farts come out at night.
People may seek medications to control farts, but the reality is that these medications do not work. Many people also consider using butt strips which are said to open up the anal canal, but they are extremely dangerous as they can pave the way for anal inflammation and may lead to severe health complications.
What causes night farts?
During sleep, the body relaxes entirely, and it lets go of all its tensions, and one of the ways it does this is by releasing farts. The reason behind regular farts is consumption of air while eating foods. This air comprises of different types of gases, which reacts with the other gases during the process of chemical breakdown and digestion. Since the gases cannot rest inside the body, they come out in the form of farts. People tend to fart while asleep because all the muscles relax during sleep and the pubococcygeus muscle is no exception to this. Though it is a common health problem and can create a lot of issues in the personal life.
How to get rid of excessive farting during the night?
- Diet: Diet plays a critical part in determining how much gas is formed inside our bellies. There are some foods which are known for causing more gas than others including prunes, peas, broccoli, onions, garlic, bananas, leafy vegetables like cabbages, and various fried foods. All of these foods contain high levels of fibre content, which causes flatulence levels to skyrocket. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy products are bound to cause more gas in your tummy which is expelled at night. Eating right before going to the bed leads to the excessive stimulation of the digestive system which causes the gas to come out through the rear end. You should try to quit eating any solid foods at least four hours before sleep.
- Do not hold your fart: Another important tip to reduce night farts is to fart through the day. Even though this may sound absurd, many people tend to hold their farts because of their shame without understanding that it may lead to health issues.
- Do not sleep on your stomach: If you are already suffering from night farts, you should avoid sleeping on your belly. This position would invariably press the gases and compel them to come out.
- Plenty of water helps: It may sound like a no-brainer, but drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day will not just eliminate the bacteria, but also reduce the problem of night farts by settling down the gases.
Farts, though embarrassing, are common. Following the tips mentioned can help you get rid of them. If you can’t, don’t bother. Just let go!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!